The Genius of Two Versions

TheCaptain

I doubt that's something newcomers to the series will be too worried about compare to whether the games are good, not or appealing. In fact I think the only thing that would turn off newcomers about two versions of the game is the word of people who played the series crying "rip off!" before they actually know what is actually in each version and in contrary to what the only official source says about the game.

The ideas each version is "Half a Fire Emblem game for full price" or "You need all 2(or 3) versions for the full experience" are being pushed or assumed about without any clue or indicator whether they're actually true or not. I mean what happens if each campaign is bursting at the seams with content and each campaign is a full, different experience yet the game keeps the reputation gained from people complaining about what they only assume an unreleased game is going to be like?

That's a great point. I know that some people can be really pessimistic about some things but they still ride on that "what if" which is understandable. I mean, so have I and probably everyone here. But I think it's safe to assume that both sides have a lot of content, seeing as how they had the confidence to make the decision of splitting the games into two.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? Why would they need 2 games for 2 difficulties? What was wrong with choosing your difficulty at the start of the game?

What pisses me off is that they made one of the games easier and the other harder. Why don't they have the same difficulty? I wanted to play Hoshido first, but I can only enjoy a FE game if it's difficult and challenging, which forces me to go for Nohr. How is this two game system genious?

Are you serious? Why would they need 2 games for 2 difficulties? What was wrong with choosing your difficulty at the start of the game?

What pisses me off is that they made one of the games easier and the other harder. Why don't they have the same difficulty? I wanted to play Hoshido first, but I can only enjoy a FE game if it's difficult and challenging, which forces me to go for Nohr. How is this two game system genious?

We only know that this applies to Japan. We don't know if NA/EU is getting the version split, or some other variation, etc.

We only know that this applies to Japan. We don't know if NA/EU is getting the version split, or some other variation, etc.

Hopefully they make them both equal but I doubt they'll change much other than the language(and of course adding curtains for some pictures).

I think the conclusion of not being able to pick difficulties is too rash. Whose to say that Normal Nohr is harder than Lunatic Hoshido? There will be some gameplay elements that make Nohr harder (such that normal Nohr is "harder" than normal Hoshido).

I think it may be that Hoshido and Nohr actually have similar difficulties, but Hoshido's story has a world map (and therefore skirmishes are probable). Grinding and shops won't be as freely available in Nohr, which makes it harder.

Besides, Lunatic mode is already pretty brutal even in 'easier' FEs like FE13 and FE8 and difficulty levels show no sign of leaving.

I think it may be that Hoshido and Nohr actually have similar difficulties, but Hoshido's story has a world map (and therefore skirmishes are probable). Grinding and shops won't be as freely available in Nohr, which makes it harder.

Besides, Lunatic mode is already pretty brutal even in 'easier' FEs like FE13 and FE8 and difficulty levels show no sign of leaving.

This was certainly my assumption too. I have to think you'll choose a difficulty as per usual, and likely Casual vs. Classic as well. This decision will probably be made at the game's start, like in every other FE. Now, within any given difficulty, it's likely that Nohr will be more difficult, but primarily due to the fact that there is no opportunity to stop and grind. In fact, I would not be surprised that, if you play Hoshido like you do FE7/9/10/etc. and not fight any optional skirmishes, that it will be in the same area challenge-wise as Nohr. But we'll see.

This was certainly my assumption too. I have to think you'll choose a difficulty as per usual, and likely Casual vs. Classic as well. This decision will probably be made at the game's start, like in every other FE. Now, within any given difficulty, it's likely that Nohr will be more difficult, but primarily due to the fact that there is no opportunity to stop and grind. In fact, I would not be surprised that, if you play Hoshido like you do FE7/9/10/etc. and not fight any optional skirmishes, that it will be in the same area challenge-wise as Nohr. But we'll see.

This is my assumption too.

But who knows?

I'm fairly sure both versions will have your 3 or 4 standard difficulty modes that have been present in the past few games.

When IS says Nohr path is harder, they are most likely talking about the absence of grinding and, hopefully, more complex level design.

Yeah I'd imagine chapter to chapter without grinding I'd imagine both games will be of similar difficulty. As others have said Hoshdio will probably be easier mostly on the merit you can alleviate the difficulty by fighting skirmishes to level up your characters and constant access to shops on the world map.

I'd couldn't imagine Intelligent Systems would want players of the Hoshido campaign to be unable to beat the Nohr campaign in some way as well. I think they'll probably ensure most players who could beat the Hoshido campaign on a certain difficulty(with some grinding when they need it) can beat the Nohr campaign on a lower difficulty or through casual mode on the same difficulty.

Yeah, I figured Nohr being harder was from lack of world map feedom. I don't think they mean Lunatic or Thracia hard or anything like that.

Yeah I think Nohrs difficulty will be more just from management. Its not like us Veterans will really find either game hard unless there is some super complex design and or Lunatic is designed well.

• 2 months later...