Anyone out there buying the Jap versions of IF?

Devalon

I'm importing. Always have always will. Getting the Limited Edition this time around, and maybe even the Limited Edition 3DS that may or may not come out with the game.

And I've said it before, but I'm doing a Let's Play on youtube with translation so if there's anyone who wants to read the story be on the watch for my Let's Play post. Planning to interact with you guys a lot while playing. Helping explain things and etc

I'm planning on let's playing it myself once the NA version comes out and I'll be letting the audience interact by choosing what side I do first and who my characters marry (assuming marriage is still a thing)

Edited by PhoenixX

I'll definitely import, I'd never be able to stand waiting until 2016. 8D; Might be smarter to get a game with furigana like New Leaf, since a text-heavy game like Fire Emblem would be hard to understand with only 3 years of continuous study.

I'll definitely import, I'd never be able to stand waiting until 2016. 8D; Might be smarter to get a game with furigana like New Leaf, since a text-heavy game like Fire Emblem would be hard to understand with only 3 years of continuous study.

I can't even make myself do 3 weeks of continuous study. It's so hard to motivate myself and stop myself from procrastinating. I'm gonna be going off of hiragana and context.

I have a Japanese 3DS but I'm a big story guy so I wouldn't enjoy the game as much without having a perfect understanding of the text. It's tempting though.

I have a feeling I might boycott the forums once the game comes out. I don't want to spoil myself, but with the indeterminate date between Japanese launch and North American launch, I'll probably cave eventually.

I have a feeling I might boycott the forums once the game comes out. I don't want to spoil myself, but with the indeterminate date between Japanese launch and North American launch, I'll probably cave eventually.

Good luck to you. I tried that with other games(Awakening) but the temptation was too much. That's why I've got a Japanese N3DS and my Japanese studies ready. Time to do all nighters with that huge book.

I don't mind the spoilers. I MUST KNOW IF I CAN WAIFU MARX ASAP. But in all seriousness, I just want to know about the characters.

I really wish I'd learned Japanese instead of Elvish.

I want to waifu Hinoka, so same here.

Japanese isn't too difficult... well it is. I can recognize some words but it's doable. And Elves are real, they're just hiding until they come out to rule the world one day. I think. I miiight be crazy though.

Edited by DualMix

I preordered the special edition as soon as it was available. Haven't actually played a game in (or studied...) Japanese since Awakening's release, so I'm sure I'll be very rusty, but 2016 is just too far away.

Good luck to you. I tried that with other games(Awakening) but the temptation was too much. That's why I've got a Japanese N3DS and my Japanese studies ready. Time to do all nighters with that huge book.

I want to waifu Hinoka, so same here.

Japanese isn't too difficult... well it is. I can recognize some words but it's doable. And Elves are real, they're just hiding until they come out to rule the world one day. I think. I miiight be crazy though.

Ma istel quet' Eldarin?

Er, either way, I did attempt to take up Japanese a few months ago, but was overwhelmed at the beginning and never returned to it. *sighs*

Either way, since someone is doing translated "Let's Play' videos, I'll probably just watch those. Thanks for those (whomever said they would be doing them), by the way. I really appreciate it.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

I preordered the special edition as soon as it was available. Haven't actually played a game in (or studied...) Japanese since Awakening's release, so I'm sure I'll be very rusty, but 2016 is just too far away.

-hi fives-

Im with you my friend. I was really surprised to see my site being sold out of the regular versions of the games too. That was quick lol

I'm importing. Always have always will. Getting the Limited Edition this time around, and maybe even the Limited Edition 3DS that may or may not come out with the game.

And I've said it before, but I'm doing a Let's Play on youtube with translation so if there's anyone who wants to read the story be on the watch for my Let's Play post. Planning to interact with you guys a lot while playing. Helping explain things and etc

Thank you

I won't be getting the Japanese version since I can't read Japanese so 2016 here I come (though this gives me enough time to play through the Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X so I'm not too bothered). Though I imagine the youtube playthroughs for this game are going to take quite a long time to finish.