Anyone out there buying the Jap versions of IF?

Devalon

Well I've been a die hard fan of FE since the remake Shadow Dragon so I just couldn't resist pre-ordering the the Special pack of IF.

I've been trying to learn Kanji for awhile but I will probably rely on my lord and savior Shadowofchaos to translate most of the game play.

Anyone else doing that?

Well I've been a die hard fan of FE since the remake Shadow Dragon so I just couldn't resist pre-ordering the the Special pack of IF.

I've been trying to learn Kanji for awhile but I will probably rely on my lord and savior Shadowofchaos to translate most of the game play.

Anyone else doing that?

Rey's pretty cool.

I won't be importing either version, or spoiling them for myself for NA release, but I'll probably look at all the characters and their spoiler-less bios once the japanese version comes out.

That is, if I can find spoiler-less bios.

Rey's pretty cool.

I won't be importing either version, or spoiling them for myself for NA release, but I'll probably look at all the characters and their spoiler-less bios once the japanese version comes out.

That is, if I can find spoiler-less bios.

I did that with awakening but this time around..It was a bit hard to stop myself lol

I did that with awakening but this time around..It was a bit hard to stop myself lol

I totally and completely understand. I'm going crazy looking at IF's trailer over and over.

I just don't have the money or a Jap 3DS to play it on, and I have a whole bunch of other games on my list to buy.

Not to mention I do not have the patience to learn or use someone else to translate Kanji.

Perfectly understandable.

Im glad I already had a jap 3ds but jeez the price for that special pack blew me away.

Ive learned a few languages but Japanese Kanji is the hardest ive tried to learn, Romanji is relatively easy however. I just want to see what my twin tailed loli has to say *-*

Anyone else doing that?

I'm downloading it digitally to play it faster and save on shipping cost. I usually translate menu things and the like. The game offers no furigana as a heads up, or Awakening didn't, anyway. XD But it is not tooooo unreadable or anything. : )

I'm downloading it digitally to play it faster and save on shipping cost. I usually translate menu things and the like. The game offers no furigana as a heads up, or Awakening didn't, anyway. XD But it is not tooooo unreadable or anything. : )

I would've done the same if not for the special pack. I wanna see the pretty box it comes in *-*

I recognized some stuff from the direct so with some practice it shouldn't be bad!

Is VincentASM importing, I wonder? :0

I would assume so. Who knows how many people will import and help give info about the game for us to look at. o w o

I'm importing. Always have always will. Getting the Limited Edition this time around, and maybe even the Limited Edition 3DS that may or may not come out with the game.

And I've said it before, but I'm doing a Let's Play on youtube with translation so if there's anyone who wants to read the story be on the watch for my Let's Play post. Planning to interact with you guys a lot while playing. Helping explain things and etc

I unfortunately lack both the ability to understand kana and a japanese 3ds, so I unfortunately have to wait for 2016.

In the meantime, I wish everyone getting the Jversion the best of luck translating this beast.

Anyone else doing that?

This is how I played Awakening and also the reason I finally made an account here while I was playing it. I'll definitely be doing it again.

I'm importing. Always have always will. Getting the Limited Edition this time around, and maybe even the Limited Edition 3DS that may or may not come out with the game.

And I've said it before, but I'm doing a Let's Play on youtube with translation so if there's anyone who wants to read the story be on the watch for my Let's Play post. Planning to interact with you guys a lot while playing. Helping explain things and etc

On behalf of kanji-challenged people like myself, thank you very much. I'm looking forward to it.

Wow, that's really generous.

I look forward to it, maybe I will spoil the game for myself if you're going to be so kind.

Be sure to post about it or something, I'd probably watch. (And play along perhaps...)

This is how I played Awakening and also the reason I finally made an account here while I was playing it. I'll definitely be doing it again.

On behalf of kanji-challenged people like myself, thank you very much. I'm looking forward to it.

No problem :) I've always enjoyed translating things, and FE is my all time favorite series, so this would be the ideal choice to dedicate the time to!

Wow, that's really generous.

I look forward to it, maybe I will spoil the game for myself if you're going to be so kind.

Episodes won't be extremely frequent though I warn you, translating takes time. But I'm really hoping to have at least 1-2 episodes a week.

Be sure to post about it or something, I'd probably watch. (And play along perhaps...)

Definitely. I'll be making a Let's Play thread as soon as the game comes out and have regular updates regarding translation progress for each episode. As well as grabbing ideas from forum members to make the experience better for everyone here.

I'm importing.

I managed to get most of Awakening but my Japanese (esp. kanji) is still developing. Support conversations were a bother but Chapter summaries and character profiles I can do almost definitely.