Let's talk about the status screen

Leif

That too. The saddle looks too high up as well though.

Eh. You can't expect them to get everything, I suppose. It does look weird though.

On the durability thing, maybe there's some sort of difficulty setting that makes it like that... Y'know, like a beginners mode or something. I doubt they would remove it though, considering how upset people would be. Who knows, it may not show up in battle.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. You can't expect them to get everything, I suppose. It does look weird though.

On the durability thing, maybe there's some sort of difficulty setting that makes it like that... Y'know, like a beginners mode or something. I doubt they would remove it though, considering how upset people would be. Who knows, it may not show up in battle.

I don't know, I could see them removing durability and instead limiting the number of a specific weapon you can get and only having 1 of a weapon purchasable in any shops. Kind of like FE4 but forgoing the repair shop instead just having infinite durability.

Yeah, true that.

But then how would we know when a weapon is about to break? I'd get pretty upset if I see that my character can two-shot a boss and complete the chapter, only to have his or her weapon break after just one hit...

Yeah, true that.

But then how would we know when a weapon is about to break? I'd get pretty upset if I see that my character can two-shot a boss and complete the chapter, only to have his or her weapon break after just one hit...

It might work like Brave Weapons in FE 7, where one point of weapon durability is considered as two hits for the last durability point, or it could go full Fire Emblem Gaiden which lacked weapon durability.

PS IS, if you do forego weapon durability like Gaiden, bring back Gaiden 1-5 range bows too please

My theory is the coloured stats are due to a biorhythm-like system.

I'm pretty sure the arrows are to switch between pages so this could actually point to more info than Awakening. Support info is likely on the second page.

The crown symbol might be to denote authority and allegiance info could be listed on the second page. Maybe this means there will be bigger battles between more than just two armies and/or several lord-status characters.

Kinda hoping that the skill slots don't mean you'll have to grind through reclass for them again. Could just be you can have a max of 6 skills but not everyone will fill all their slots. As far as weapon durability being gone... Unless the fighting system is drastically changed, I don't like it. Hopefully it's for casual mode only.

I like the aesthetic changes, nice bigger portraits and pleasant colour scheme.

Edit: actually, Kamui has 3 skills there but it doesn't seem he's been reclassed, and is only level 11. Could be he's a special case and learns a ton of skills but this makes me feel like the system for learning them has changed.

Edited by Owain Dark

nohr4.jpg

Actually, what are those buttons down there, the D pad one and the ABXY one, do? It could be for the speed up, slow down, pause kind of thing but it doesn't look like it.

I don't know what those circles and squares are supposed to represent. However, what concerns me is that Kamui's and the enemy Myrmidon's weapon icons are exactly the same.

I hope weapons get unique icon sprites. Again, the game hasn't been released yet, so maybe those are placeholders?

I don't know what those circles and squares are supposed to represent. However, what concerns me is that Kamui's and the enemy Myrmidon's weapon icons are exactly the same.

I hope weapons get unique icon sprites. Again, the game hasn't been released yet, so maybe those are placeholders?

Seems likely. I really hope they keep weapon icons. Weapon text is just too boring :p

In the bottom corner, there is a button showing a 3x3 set of squares; I have absolutely no idea what that is for.

My first thought was map screen.

You've pointed out most of the things, I still wonder why his res is red. I imagine those green stats don't cap at 13 and 14.

Some people have said this might be from the weapon, but it can also be from a skill/skills.

It's been discussed, it's probably the weapon triangle. Lances have a blue background. Though bows are the confusing thing.

And... weapon durability being a general visual indicator and not a numeral value would be really annoying.

That's really weird, I wonder what it'll turn out to be. I really hope they didn't get rid of weapon durability altogether. If it is a visual indicator of weapon durability, maybe this is like in some of the games where you can choose detailed or less detailed stat pages and the more detailed one would have numbers?

Here's something else I saw in that picture: it shows the character sprite on the side with enough space for another below it. In Awakening this was used for the Pair Up system, so you could click the other character to see his/her stats while they were paired. So Pair Up is probably back, along with the Dual system they already confirmed.

My theory is that this only happens to the currently equipped weapon to indicate weapon triangle advantage and the type of the weapon (like we see in the picture, the Yatogami is actually considered a Katana and not a Sword, which has a different icon). It's really silly to remove unique weapon icons considering that they could've just imported half of them from Awakening, so (hopefully) I don't think they would do that.

I'm more concerned about the removal of weapon durability though, but perhaps there'll be a good reason for that, we'll see. (My personal wishful thinking is that this will only apply to Kamui and the enemies).

Edited by Ryo

It might work like Brave Weapons in FE 7, where one point of weapon durability is considered as two hits for the last durability point, or it could go full Fire Emblem Gaiden which lacked weapon durability.

PS IS, if you do forego weapon durability like Gaiden, bring back Gaiden 1-5 range bows too please

If they do go full Gaiden then I'd expect them to have very few weapons available and everyone have a default attacking weapon when nothing is equipped. I'm only on Chapter 3 in Gaiden right now, but so far it seems like the weapons are more like a power up item, like the rings in FE4.

Also the 1-5 range bows seems a bit much, but I'd totally be cool with having 2-3 range normally with a less accurate 2-5 bow availible.

Or maybe we're overthinking everything and you see durabillity by reading the item description or something.

Speaking of Gaiden can we please have the Gaiden version of the world map back for Hoshido?

Edited by Espella

If they do go full Gaiden then I'd expect them to have very few weapons available and everyone have a default attacking weapon when nothing is equipped. I'm only on Chapter 3 in Gaiden right now, but so far it seems like the weapons are more like a power up item, like the rings in FE4.

Also the 1-5 range bows seems a bit much, but I'd totally be cool with having 2-3 range normally with a less accurate 2-5 bow availible.

Or maybe we're overthinking everything and you see durabillity by reading the item description or something.

Speaking of Gaiden can we please have the Gaiden version of the world map back for Hoshido?

Thats the thing tho, Gaiden DID have 1-5 range bows, heck the weakest bow in the game was 1-4 range. This is literally the only way archers have ever been amazing units bar Shinon.

That said, I would love having the world map system in Gaiden, enemies can actually persue you, JOY!!!, and Gaiden proved how it's possible to make a challenging FE with infinite weapon durability.

That said, my theroy is that the Sword Kamui wields and Bronze weapons have infinite durability, other wise the spot where WD should be just feels empty.

Also, 1-5 bows wern't overkill in Gaiden cause they did so little damage compared to other weapons, ala other FE bows, but suffered an accuracy penalty depending on how far your shooting.

Still, 1-5 bows here would likely hype me even more than it already has

In regards to the Weapon Durability, I'd be entirely okay if it was just like... a Super Casual mode sort of deal, or something alongside that. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it was generally the case (And it could be handled incredibly well, by taking an FE4 sort of route and limiting the number of each weapon type available to you, makign inventory management just as important. I'd borderline prefer this to the current system).

But while I do have hopes that infinite weapons could be handled well, I can't say I have that much faith that it will. But we'll see.

Snipers were handled nicely in the DS FEs.

The problem with them in SD is the pre-promoted one sucks, and starting with E-bows from reclassing is horrible.

That and Gordin and the non prepromotes suck.

Haven't played New Mystery without cheating yet so I can't comment there.

Do we have any idea what the numbers are above the dragonstone and sword icons? We know it's not experience as it's shown at the top, and it can't be any of the stats, as they're all shown to the left...So what exactly are these values that we see in the center of the screen? Perhaps hit/avo, critical and pair up percentage? I have no idea tbh...

Do we have any idea what the numbers are above the dragonstone and sword icons? We know it's not experience as it's shown at the top, and it can't be any of the stats, as they're all shown to the left...So what exactly are these values that we see in the center of the screen? Perhaps hit/avo, critical and pair up percentage? I have no idea tbh...

Top row: Atk, Crit

Bottom row: Hit, Avo

Not really an analysis, but I like being able to see more of the portrait in the stat screen now.

.I agree, I really like what they did with the status screens in this game.

The in-battle one is also really cool, I love how it shows your pair-up attack/crit chances and your pair-up partners eyes.

Not sure if someone has pointed this out, but I find it strange that Kamui has such a troubled expression in this image despite having full HP, though he doesn't seem to be sweating. In Awakening, character portraits only look like this when they're badly wounded.

hoshido4.jpg

EDIT: Yeah I know this isn't exactly "status screen" but it's also a screen regardless and I don't feel like creating a whole new thread just for this, so I'm borrowing this one.

Edited by Ryo

Not sure if someone has pointed this out, but I find it strange that Kamui has such a troubled expression in this image despite having full HP, though he doesn't seem to be sweating. In Awakening, character portraits only look like this when they're badly wounded.

That's pretty interesting, the only noticeable thing about that battle is that provided every character in the battle attacks(and don't crit) Kamui will take more damage than the Enemy Cavalier will.

I wonder if it might be based on which side is projected to deal more damage and/or have more HP at the end of the round of combat.(Perhaps Dual Attacks might be 100%, the fact the information is on the battle screen doesn't strike me as something they'd do for a mechanic that will activate mostly 20-30% of the time outside support pairs, especially for enemies).

Edited by arvilino