How did you first get into Pokemon?

Jedi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I remember my two older brothers had gameboy colors and I remember playing Generation 1 and 2 on those and than I eventually got a blue GBA and the first game I got was Pokemon Sapphire. So that was the first pokemon game I ever played and I've been buying pokemon games ever since.

Someone at my school emulated Pokemon Red, and I got a chance to play it. Eventually, I convinced my mom to buy me a Gameboy Pocket and a copy of Pokemon Blue.

Haven't looked back since. Man, you guys make me feel old!

We're not old, they are the ones who are too young.

That... Isn't this the kind of thing old persons would say ?

Damn.

My brother and sister had Pokemon Red and Blue (I think Blue for my sister and Red for my brother. Not sure.)

Thee main thing I remember is accidentally erasing my Brother's Red cartridge that had all 150 Pokemon in it.

I also watched the anime obviously.

Then Pokemon Yellow arrived, and that game blew my mind. That game was really beautifull back then.

It was also when we started to have Internet, so that was a pretty magical period.

If you hadn't tried every way to push that damn truck, or fished countless hours in the Safari Zone to find Pikablu, you can't get what it is.

Even Creepypasta cannot completely captue this atmosphere.

I spent too many time exploring the different version of Glitch City (the one in the Cycling Road is my personal Hell.), and capturing Misingno or Level 100+ Pokémon... (Missingno is the best Pokemon Don't let anyone tell the opposite.)

Pokemon Red and Blue is a broken mess, but that's what makes it so great. Because for every curious kid like me, it was a fantastic playground.

I also abused the Gameshark too.

The beginning of Internet and Pokemon go hand in hand in my memories.

Then I lost some interrest during Pokemon DPP (I bought Diamond with my DS, because my GBA was completely broken), and had my interrest renewed by Gen V (I bought every version, but lost Pokemon White (the first I bought incidentally) in vacation...)