Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary

Kyea

Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is Fire Emblem older than you are?

• Yes, FE is older.
    • We're the same age!
    • Nope, I am older.

Yeah, but that's because you actually have access to the Japanese eShop.

Yet it doesn't affect me because I don't even have the money or the Wii U to take advantage of it.

You only have access to FE1 and FE2 on the 3DS.

See the following for people saying "It wouldn't hurt":

Otherwise you start to sound like an entitled gamer : P

FE exploding with Awakening isn't a reason to suddenly say "HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY" to a series most people haven't been that invested in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have to be realistic about these kind of things. Fire Emblem doesn't have 25 years of history in the west, so it would seem awkward for NoA/NoE to be celebrating the event. Personally I'm just thankful that NCL and IS are celebrating the series, and enjoying the festivities trickling down through the community.

FE exploding with Awakening isn't a reason to suddenly say "HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY" to a series most people haven't been that invested in.

I would say the opposite. It's the perfect time to hook people waiting for if and increase awareness of the series. I mean even a discount for Awakening and FE7 would have been nice.

Hell, even a cheesy tweet reminding us those games are on the eShop even without a discount would've been nice!

Note: I'm not saying NoA owed it to FE or anything like that, I just think it would've been good marketing for the series

Edited by Owain Dark

I'm older by two years.

Let's see here... FE7 was released in 2003, which means that the real 25th anniversary of western-FEs will be in.... oh, 2028. iirc, NoA didn't even 'celebrate' Blazing Sword's 10th year of release. Which means that they certainly won't do it for Tellius ( or even in 2017; RD's 10th. Good god, I'll be nearly 30 then... )

I know I am late, but in light of the anniversary I wanted to share my handmade leather fire emblem phonecase I made some time ago :)

BKVtQYB.jpg

I made a thread in the art section, if you want more details just go there :)

Wow, that's really well-made! Kudos.

That reminds me, I need to get a phone...