Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wanna see how fast one can actually clear this chapter. I took my time a bit in the winning run footage I finished recording just now, but there is some serious potential for really low turn counts here.

I've tried it, and found two strategies. One is slightly faster but the other is more reliable.

Alright, here's the intended strategy. Or at least what worked for me in my endless hours of testing. XD

Get out of the cell. Marc did this exactly in his 2nd video.

Save Dart. I also had Legault going around picking up chests during this part.

Have Dart go straight up to save Florina, while Alan goes all the way around. Now everyone is out of the bottom section of the map.

Give Florina a Chest Key, get Nellie, then get out of the way. At the same time, kill Matthew's guard with Dart. Also give the Boots to Florina and promote Alan at this time.

While the Money Man is walking to about the midway point between the upper and lower sections, have Dart and Alan go down through the throne room, but leave Legault at the upper section as bait for Money Man.

Open Matthew's Door with Florina, then immediately Rescue him with Florina and run away. Legault should be the only one still at the top hallway, use him as bait for the Money Man.

Have Dart kill Canas's guard, then open his door with a Door Key. Dump Alan, Matthew and Legault inside there and recruit Canas.

Toggle the Money Man back and forth until Canas can Warp Alan into Harken's room and still have enough time to run away. Make sure Alan has a Door Key and Killer Axe on him.

Recruit Harken, open the door, and then kill his guard.

Now, there's a lot of ways to beat the Money Man, but here's the flashiest (and imo most satisfying) way:

Give Harken a Chest Key and Killer Axe and drop him with Florina on the chest that has the Rusted Weapon. Open the chest and kill the dudes that spawn from it.

Give the Rusted Weapon to a promoted Alan.

Have Harken Killer Axe the Money Man, and then finish him off with Alan's Rusted Weapon.

How many more submissions are there left? Moneyman's last stand was okay, and Enderslicer's Escape is good because it had me in it (Thanks for free advertising!).

Actually, I did play Enderslicer's escape myself. I thought it was good, and even though it was a "short but sweet" kind of thing I liked it a lot better than a lot of these other submissions I've seen.

I still need to finish Marc's Precious with GhastStation and Augestein, but that's just splitting hairs. We do indeed have only five submissions left.

So. Who wants their submission to be next?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I still need to finish Marc's Precious with GhastStation and Augestein, but that's just splitting hairs. We do indeed have only five submissions left.

So. Who wants their submission to be next?

I personally think you should take on Baldrick's submission next, "Arrow in the Wind". I actually playtested that one, and it's a doozy.

I've had that theme stuck in my head for hours thanks to how many ragefest have had that recently. It's almost like the unofficial "ragefest map" theme now. Also, I love how Alan's promotion was getting on his horse. But that actually gave me an idea if I were to ever do a hack. Promotional items that can be used multiple times to change your character's form.

Also, I now feel compelled to check how many ragefest actually have the money man in some form in them.