Orson is FE8's Jeigan

I find Orson to be a proper Jeigan in this game. When you first play as he in Chpt. 5x Unbroken Heart (when you first play Ephraim) he starts of as a the only pre-promote in your team making him somewhat use for a meatshield on this chapter. And in the end, Orson turns to a enemy boss later you eventually have to be killed later in the game.(Which I'm happy since I never really liked Orson to begin with...) Also, his stat average is almost quite similar to FE7's Marcus during the Creature Campaign. Almost makes him qualify to be a Jeigan.

n1069818619_28819_335.jpg

Does any agree with this statement?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt consider him one as he's only there for one chapter.

Jeigans are usually mentors or caretakers of the main hero, and he tries to kill his hero <3

Well yeah, but the only role Orson pretty much plays in this chapter is a meatshield thats it. And don't all Jeigans are fit to be your meatshield throughout the game?

Orson betrays everyone cuz he thinks he'll spend the rest of his days with hs wife

dumbass...

just looking at him kinda made me wonder about him

wait, shouldnt the title be "Jeigan is FE 8's Orson" cuz your referring to Orson from FE 8 being like Jeigan

and yes, Orson's eyes tell you that he is a traitor

wait, shouldnt the title be "Jeigan is FE 8's Orson" cuz your referring to Orson from FE 8 being like Jeigan

and yes, Orson's eyes tell you that he is a traitor

I think you misunderstood him. do you know what a "Jeigan" is?

Well, I certainly don't XD

To be a Jeigan, you kind of need to be around for a long time, and near the very beginning of the game. Seth would be a Jeigan don't even mention the Oifey sub-archetype- I don't care for archetypes let alone sub types, while Orson is just another Paladin ^^

oh wait. Yeah i see i what you're talking about now

Damn do i feel stupid. With so many characters in FE, I thought it was just a name of a character and you were comparing. Ok, yeah i gotcha now. First glances dont always do it for me sometimes...

Well, I certainly don't XD

To be a Jeigan, you kind of need to be around for a long time, and near the very beginning of the game. Seth would be a Jeigan don't even mention the Oifey sub-archetype- I don't care for archetypes let alone sub types, while Orson is just another Paladin ^^

And don't forget Jeigan often come with a result of much lower stat growth potential unlike Seth whom I should never count him as a Jeigan.

The reason why Seth should not be considered a Jeigan is that he's got higher total growth rates than every other potential paladin throughout the GBA FE's series, with just 25%. He's got respectable starting stats for a level 1 Paladin. They're higher than FE7 Marcus', which was already significantly higher than most Jeigans especially FE6's Marcus and Zealot. Seth doens't often get RNG-screwed as all the other cavaliers in the FE's GBA. This is considered to be one of the most useful pre-promotes there is for experienced players such as me. He starts off with both A Sword and Lance weapon ranks. Despite the fact he starts out as a pre-promote, he saves the opportunity from you using a Knight's Crest and hundreds of exp if you use him instead of another cavalier. He is excellent support options such as Eirika, Cormag, and Natasha and any other certain characters that are able to support with him. And that his Anima affinity is acutally a good affinity better than Kyle's Ice affinity and Amelia's Thunder affinity IMHO. Also Seth's stat average total at Lv. 20/20 Paladin is actually much higher than even that of Sain from FE7 at Lv. 20/20 Paladin. Which is acutally true. It's true that most Jeigans aren't great. But Seth is just different than any Jeigan's. His level up stat growths rates are phenominal. Believe it or not, they were actually higher than every other potential paladin's. Even though Seth gets fewer levels to enjoy his better stat growths, he's also RNG-screwed proof, unlike Amelia and the other cavaliers. Thats why I don't consider Seth a Jeigan.

HP |Strength|Skill |Speed|Luck |Defense|Resistance

Seth: 85% 50% 45% 45% 40% 30% 25%

Total: 320%

Kyle: 85% 50% 40% 40% 20% 25% 20%

Total: 280%

Forde: 80% 40% 50% 45% 35% 20% 25%

Total: 295%

Franz: 80% 40% 40% 50% 40% 25% 20%

Total: 295%

Amelia: 70% 40% 40% 40% 50% 30% 15%

Total: 285%

Ignoring stats, Seth is a Jeigan. Yeah, you could consider him an Oifey (a Jeigan with good growths), but I honestly can't be bothered. Few people know what a Jeigan is, let alone an Oifey >___

Now that I think about it, having limited potential is a pretty redundant criteria, since by that logic only two Jeigans exist- Jeigan and FE6!Marcus. Then again lots of archetypes only have two real characters in them a FE1 character and a FE6 character ; )

This is the reason why arch-types shouldn't be used. Theres too many specifications:

-First Lv. 1 Promoted unit

-Bad base stats for pre-promote

-Bad growth rates

-Mentor personality

-Usually a Paladin

-Appears in very early game

-Pwns everything in early game

It's hard to find something that matches all of these. I like first Lv. 1 promoted unit as the best description. Therefore, the Jeigans of 6-10 are Marcus, Wallace/Marcus, Seth, Titania, and Sothe.

oh wait. Yeah i see i what you're talking about now

Damn do i feel stupid. With so many characters in FE, I thought it was just a name of a character and you were comparing. Ok, yeah i gotcha now. First glances dont always do it for me sometimes...

Jeigan is the name of a character in FE. o_O

He's the first Paladin bish in the first FE game.

• 1 month later...

You obviously have never played FE1/3 if you compare anyone to Jeigan stat-wise (accept maybe that guy from FE2 or Aran, FE3 Aran I mean). His total growths add up to 50% or something (300% is around average). Plus his bases are actually rather close to the others you start with (winning only by 1-2 points in them).

If you mean role-wise then yes Orson does take on a Jeigan role in a way.

He'd totally be a Jeigan archtype if you got him for more than one "Gaiden" Chapter...

Granted, I looked at him and figured he'd steal all of Ephraim's EXP, and stripped him of his weapons. Lucky break for me, eh?

A lot of people try to slim-pick archetypes for each game, despite no connection really being there in the first place.

I think those people came along when they heard the term Jeigan or Est or Gato, and began thinking everything should have one D:

A lot of people try to slim-pick archetypes for each game, despite no connection really being there in the first place.

I think those people came along when they heard the term Jeigan or Est or Gato, and began thinking everything should have one D:

I believe every game has a Jeigan (Read: Pre-promoted start of game unit) and an Est (late game nigh unleveled unit with scary growths). But those archtypes generally span over Classes. Jeigan is mostly Paladins, but there is also Sothe. I mean, if you try hard you can find connections between any one character of the same class to any other character of the same class. Eventually its silly.

I do think that now they will keep giving games cute femme Myrmi/Swordmasters just because the fanservice wins so much... But we can't really call that an Aira archtype...

You obviously have never played FE1/3 if you compare anyone to Jeigan stat-wise (accept maybe that guy from FE2 or Aran, FE3 Aran I mean). His total growths add up to 50% or something (300% is around average). Plus his bases are actually rather close to the others you start with (winning only by 1-2 points in them).

If you mean role-wise then yes Orson does take on a Jeigan role in a way.

To me, Jeigans are just underrated characters who steals EXP for your potential units and having the most horrific stat growths ever. And yes, I've never played FE1/3 and I certainly don't know how Jeigan work that much. I've played FE4/5 and I certainly know how Jeigans work in this game. For instance, FE4 Cuan could take on the first chapter with certain difficulty. He can face disadvantages in weapon types, and doesn't have very good skills at all. Eyvel, despite her being a swordmaster she has a horrific stat growth protential and could easily double attack an enemy making her the biggest EXP hog in FE5.

To me, Jeigans are just underrated characters who steals EXP for your potential units and having the most horrific stat growths ever.
\

Jeigan had his highest growth rates at 5%, possibly 10%.

No way he's underrated.