Xenoblade Chronicles X

LuxSpes

I heard something about multiplayer? How will this work?

The devs described the multiplayer experience as being loosely connected. While you're exploring, there will be some 'Squad Missions' that are given out to groups of 32 players. IIRC, they are mostly to collect a certain number of an item or to kill a certain number of a specific monsters. You don't see the other players, but everytime someone realize something toward the objective, it will count for everyone. Once a mission is cleared, you have the possibility to connect with 3 other players to attempt a 'Squad Quest' where you actually play with them to bring down a monster. I don't know if you can choose who you are connected with though.

Also, I think there's a way to leave message for members of your squads, which will make your avatar appear in their game to say things 'Be careful, there's an hidden high level monster right ahead' or things like that.

That direct was pretty much what got me into the game. Before, I kept seeing this game pop in news and such, but I casually ignored it because I had never played Xenoblade Chronicles. The other day, I was wondering if there were any good RPGs for Wii U, and when checking around, I noticed Xenoblade Chronicles X appears to be pretty much the only boxed RPG game for Wii U. So that leads me to check out that video presentation, and holy crap this game looks amazing.

I need to pay more attention to things like this in the future :p. Anyway now if I own a Wii U by launch day (currently saving up atm), then I'm getting day one.