Xenoblade Chronicles X

LuxSpes

First, an English direct focusing on the game has been announced for tomorrow (24th) at 2PM EST! The direct will be followed by a treehouse presentation focusing on the game. I heard that both will showcase the localized build of the game, but I haven't seen anything official, so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, since Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming out in 1 week in Japan and as such, plenty of information have been released recently, including a story trailer:

The person that subbed the trailer has also done the same thing for plenty of Japanese exclusive direct and they also have a vid that showcase samples from the games OST.

Gamexplain has also announced that they'll be getting the game sometime next week and that they'll be streaming gameplay of XCX.

This thread is to be a general hype/discussion thread concerning the game.

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm excited for the Squad Quests. Hopefully there's enough for a solid multiplayer experience~

Also interested in seeing more about the different factions.

Nice, I can't believe the game's release is so close (in Japan, mainly, but we're getting the game in 2015, not 2016 like FE if).

I'm currently ignoring all the media for the game so I don't get spoiled, but hmm... the April Direct is tempting.

Edited by VincentASM

god, I wanna hear some of the dub for this game, I hope to god that it wasn't dubbed in Texas like I'm afraid Zestiria was NEVER MIND, ZESTIRIA CROSS-REGION GO?

Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

Shulk has been confirmed to be seen in one of the presented trailers, yes? I have to wonder;

[spoiler=Do not open if you haven't finish Xenoblade Chronicles]Is this the result of Shulk remaking the world? I know the ending cutscene just showed us a copypasted version of Colony 9, most likely for laziness's sake, but did Shulk re-create Earth?

Or does this game have no real connection to Xenoblade Chronicles other than in name? Also, I heard the main character you play is customizable?

god, I wanna hear some of the dub for this game, I hope to god that it wasn't dubbed in Texas like I'm afraid Zestiria was NEVER MIND, ZESTIRIA CROSS-REGION GO?

What you say about Texas?

It's just that when I'm playing games, I prefer L.A. dubs over Texas. That, and a lot of talent's left Texas lately, so there's few VAs working for Funi that I like at this point. Sentai... yeah, I'm not going into that. Their dubs feel really bad to me.

I feel sad that the fact that most, if not all, of the human characters are American already rules out a British dub. The first Xenoblade Chronicles had one of the best dubs I've ever heard.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed (heh heh) that they got a fully British cast for the non-humans or something, but I doubt it.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I feel sad that the fact that most, if not all, of the human characters are American already rules out a British dub. The first Xenoblade Chronicles had one of the best dubs I've ever heard.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed (heh heh) that they got a fully British cast for the non-humans or something, but I doubt it.

Casting is an interesting thing. We may still get some of a Brit dub.

I mean back in ye old movie days John Wayne played Genghis Khan so :P.

Anyways I'm super excited for this game, the world being even bigger, the combat looking more refined and the mechs just look cool, a customizable MC is also neat.

This will be the game that finally breaks me into buying a Wii U... But if this didn't, the SMT FE game would have...

I'm still praying for British va, though. It just gives the game an extra charm... but I could be biased xD

I don't think there were any nopon in this trailer...

It's just that when I'm playing games, I prefer L.A. dubs over Texas. That, and a lot of talent's left Texas lately, so there's few VAs working for Funi that I like at this point. Sentai... yeah, I'm not going into that. Their dubs feel really bad to me.

Ahhh, interesting

Also, in terms of faces, I think the young girls ones are just too... chubby. Other than that I don't mind the way they're stylized.

Yeah right? That was a surprisingly low amount content, especially to have a Direct dedicated to it. Well... I guess we have the English names of the continents, too... ._.

[spoiler=Do not open if you haven't finish Xenoblade Chronicles]Is this the result of Shulk remaking the world? I know the ending cutscene just showed us a copypasted version of Colony 9, most likely for laziness's sake, but did Shulk re-create Earth?

Or does this game have no real connection to Xenoblade Chronicles other than in name? Also, I heard the main character you play is customizable?

I remember Takahashi saying something about this, and it was basically that this game has no direct relation with Xenoblade, other than the name, and obvious gameplay influences. That works all the better for me too, as I'd prefer a completely new universe than the Xenoblade one.
Yes, the player character is fully customizable, from sex, voice, and iirc even their height. This is kinda disappointing due to the fact that previous "X" games have had really good fleshed out protagonists, and generally avatar protagonists don't get that same kind of development. Though this all plays into their idea to rival Western RPGs, so do what they must.
Edited by Splodge

I don't think there were any nopon in this trailer...

This trailer, no. There are Nopon in the game though and at least one in your actual group, named Tatsu. He has been fairly prominent in the footage we've seen, and has even presented one of the Directs.

Some people already got their hands on the game and have been streaming it and some even posted vids on Youtube. I'm trying to watch those that just show some gameplay since I want to avoid spoiling the story for myself.

Well, Dolls are now called "Skells"... and that's literally the only new thing we learned. What was the point of this Direct, again?

Seems like they just did a quick summary of the info already shown in the Japan exclusive directs. At least the treehouse gameplay footage was interesting. It seems like you have much more mobility option than in Xenoblade. In the original, you could barely jump, but in this game, people are running around really fast and scaling up obstacles by jumping.

I was hoping we'd at least get a release date..

Hopefully they'll announce it at E3.

Haven't been following the game yet for fear of spoilers, but I did find this out.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is currently projected to outsell Smash Bros. Wii U and Mario Kart 8 if the current sales figures from the Japanese eshop are any indication.

Source: http://www.explosion.com/92220/xenoblade-chronicles-x-dominates-the-japanese-wii-u-eshop-chart-for-the-past-week/

Haven't been following the game yet for fear of spoilers, but I did find this out.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is currently projected to outsell Smash Bros. Wii U and Mario Kart 8 if the current sales figures from the Japanese eshop are any indication.

Source: http://www.explosion.com/92220/xenoblade-chronicles-x-dominates-the-japanese-wii-u-eshop-chart-for-the-past-week/

Wow.

That's INSANE.

Gamexplain posted a 6 hours long stream of the game on Twitch

That is pretty surprising, though it is only for the digital download.

Edited by LuxSpes

It's a load off my mind that Nintendo is starting to come around and now giving us Jap RPG's that they usually shun. It's thanks to Awakening's sales is what made a change of that along with Shulk being very popular in America now! But...at least Nintendo trusts us now and to hope to not let them down. But...I am excited nonetheless that it is going to feature online multiplayer along with your own main character creation.

Edited by Pan_Chan