2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Really? I've seen plenty of Ravens fans respect the Steelers and vice versa. But then again, I've also seen plenty of fans from both sides seriously trash talk one another. So I suppose it does go both ways. Sigh...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but sadly, I won't really stop that because thats kinda how a rivalry works. Besides, Ben isn't exactly good looking, so I just exaggerating that trait tremendously.

It's called trash talk, and I'm surprised that stupid ass loss to the Chargers didn't cause Scarlet to pull it out on me.

All the Chargers-Ravens games in the Rivers era have usually been close and I respect the Ravens too much to actually trash talk. I felt the Ravens were the third most complete team in the NFL behind the Seahawks and Packers.

Also at that point in the season I practically just gave up on wanting to win and wanted the offseason to hit already due to injuries and didn't want to go through the playoffs just to look bad because injuries piled up.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

...You people are putting Cortez Allen BACK in the starting lineup? Come ON, he was AWFUL! *grumble*

Unless he makes a HUGE turn around, this will NOT fix our secondary issues... -_- I hope he gets replaced later. Even our new rookie CBs have to be better than he was last season. It's a shame too, Cortez Allen used to be pretty good. Now he can't seem to cover anybody or do anything right anymore.

NFL linemen are typically the largest humans you'll ever see. Hell, Dan Connolly is undersized for an interior lineman. He certainly hit the crease beautifully on that kick return and that's one of my favorite plays from that season 4shur

I hear Broncos have an ACL Tear.

The amount of Manning sacks from Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.

Chargers going to force bad throws.

Chiefs v Chargers for the West.

Man, an ACL tear even before the preseason sucks. First the Jags, now the Broncos...

On another topic, Le'Veon Bell is so far agreed to be the third best RB in the league, wee. ^^ Only Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson have more votes so far. I don't know much about the latter, but Lynch is the best, I can't deny that. The guy is a freaking bulldozer.

But at least the majority agrees that Bell is better than DeMarco Murray! Murray might have had better numbers last season, but Bell fumbles way less and is running behind a worse o-line (although it's still a decent one). Not to mention he's the only guy around that can be mentioned in the same breath as freaking Walter Payton. They're the only guys in NFL history that have ran 200+ yards in three games straight!

On the Broncos ALC, it was their LT Ryan Clady. Likely to miss the entire season. Also,

J

E

T

S

JETS-JETS-JETS!

That's all I'm here for, goodnight everybody. Matt "Sack Magnet" Simms was cut from our team, and I'm oddly sad. Tango!

s2yvosuhpf3h4clx4blr.gif

You don't get to trash talk anyone when you win 2-5 games a year- and no one really trash talks you back because what's the point really?

Hey! Browns fans spend a lot of our time trash talking. The breakdown is about 5% of our time trash talking the Ravens, 5% of our time trash talking the Steelers, and 90% of our time trash talking the Browns.

Hey! Browns fans spend a lot of our time trash talking. The breakdown is about 5% of our time trash talking the Ravens, 5% of our time trash talking the Steelers, and 90% of our time trash talking the Browns.

The Bengals are so pitiful that you don't care? I mean you're guaranteed a split against them at least. We're guaranteed nothing against them, and I have no idea why it takes us so much effort to beat them. Edited by Lord Raven

Clady goes down we're already feeling the fuck hoo boy

watch Peyton break his neck in training camp and Osweiler goes on to shit the place up

didnt you guys make the super bowl last time clady went down

just saying

The Broncos lost 3 quality O-linemen. They had 2 they lost in the offseason on that run to the Superbowl. Also 43-8.

They lost Franklin to us. Ramirez to the Lions. Now Clady is gone another season. So I doubt they can repeat that unless they lean on their rookie O-linemen.

Their O-line went from ehhhh, to "Manning's going to retire this season."

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

The Bengals are so pitiful that you don't care? I mean you're guaranteed a split against them at least. We're guaranteed nothing against them, and I have no idea why it takes us so much effort to beat them.

Well, I'd say it has something to do with each team's strengths and weaknesses. To put it simple, some teams are just better at targeting another team's weakness than others. Take your Ravens going against the Patriots or Steelers. They often give the Patriots trouble, because they can hit their weakness: Brady's inability to deal with a fuckton of pressure in his face. In the case of the Steelers, your Ravens' front seven just gives our o-line a lot of trouble, sometimes shutting down the offense entirely because Ben can't get the chance he needs to throw to somebody. And we've become a more pass-heavy team because of all the weapons Ben has around him. I'm surprised Bell got as many yards as he did simply because of how many times Ben tossed a ball.

On the flipside, the Bengals and Colts could hardly do squat to us because their defenses couldn't pressure Ben at all. The Bengals never even TOUCHED him throughout two games. That lets him and the rest of the offense just run around free doing what they do best. Their special teams also tends to get burned by AB, because fun fact: all of AB's punt return TDs have been vs the Bengals. lol

The Bengals likely had what they needed to get to the Ravens' weakness(es). There might have also been some bad luck involved. Although, I still think the Ravens should've won game 2.

The Bengals are so pitiful that you don't care? I mean you're guaranteed a split against them at least. We're guaranteed nothing against them, and I have no idea why it takes us so much effort to beat them.

Nah, we just don't have an overwhelming reason to dislike the Bengals like we do the other teams in our division. The Steelers have been our official rival for decades, and the Ravens used to be the Browns before they ditched Cleveland in 1995 (and winning a Super Bowl just five years later did little to quell tensions). The Bengals are just kinda "there".

Also they're fellow Ohioans (as much as every region of Ohio dislikes every other region, we Ohioans do stick together against outsiders).