2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Scobee really good though?

His stats don't seem as good as Hartley's or Suisham's. And I heard that the Jags like their rookie kicker better anyway. But Hartley won't be gone the whole season, so we shouldn't need Scobee for long. He's not bad though, from what I see.

Edited by Anacybele

Well he has a very powerful leg; Scobee's attempted more from 50+ than probably either of those guys. And Hartley's been terrible for a few years.

I mean, the guy played for 11 years, and kickers 11 years ago weren't as good. Jaguars are some shit so they often go for long field goals, so his accuracy is not gonna look that great.

Vinatieri's been int he league since 1996 and his accuracy is actually not even Top 20 but he's still a great kicker.

I'm not denying that Scobee is good, I'm just saying that it probably won't make too much of a difference in the Jaguars performance.

Vinatieri is probably one of the best kickers in the league. The Ravens kicker, I forgot his name, is one of the better ones. In terms of accuracy, Gostkowski is at the top.

Justin Tucker is Ravens kicker. :P

I do agree that Scobee probably has a stronger leg than Suisham though, as the latter can barely make over 50 yards... Suisham has excellent accuracy though and that's why we still keep him.

Vinatieri is probably one of the best kickers in the league. The Ravens kicker, I forgot his name, is one of the better ones. In terms of accuracy, Gostkowski is at the top.

Tucker is at the top. Tucker's currently the most accurate in NFL history, and he attempts more from further out than Gostkowski.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any kicker better than Tucker. So jealous that those Ravens got someone like him. >.<

Anyway, Heyward-Bey of all people is going to fill in for Bryant during the latter's suspension?! Come on, that guy can't catch shit, he's not going to help us. Leave him on special teams, blocking is all he's good for. >_> Sammie Coates should be the temporary no. 3, not this lame-o.

I just heard, and I'm pissed. Normally, I'd want to see my Steelers kick his ass, but our offense is weaker without Bell, Bryant, and Pouncey and our defense is still bad. They have no chance now. But I should watch anyway in case they surprise me, I suppose...

Hey, who doesn't love a happy ending? And you'd be hard pressed to argue that Goodell looking like a clown isn't a happy ending, even if it hurts your chances of winning 1 out of 16 games. Guess what? The Pats have won the Super Bowl in the last 2 seasons that they lost their opener

It's not a happy ending for everyone, you know. So I'd stop gloating, if I were you. Also, weird streaks have to end someday. The Steelers haven't lost a Monday night game in who knows how long, but they'll surely lose one again someday.

Oh, and I also have to be mad at Bell and Bryant for getting suspended. More so Bryant since Bell's case happened a whole year ago. Follow the fucking rules, you guys are excellent players. Act like it.

Edited by Anacybele

Then quite a few fans are "either morons or Patriots haters" because I see a lot of fan backlash so far. Also, what if I said that people who disagreed with Brady being suspended are biased Brady/Patriots fans? Bet you wouldn't like that.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, tell me why you're so upset Ana. Is it because the big, bad Patriots cheated enough to beat the Colts in the AFC Championship?

The NFL used it's own writer mouthpieces (Peter King and Chris Mortenson) by essentially leaking a false report. This started the frenzy and created scandal when there was none.

Honestly, what it really comes down to is how much I dislike Goodell. I also find it COMPLETELY inane that the newest CBA had to give him absolute power. I mean, come the fuck on. He does the appeal hearings for his own rulings? Are you kidding me? The man has fucked up so many different punishments in the past few years (Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson come to mind as well) and always attempts to save face in the end by changing the punishment.

He essentially used this entire saga to try to show that he was still boss of the league. Before, the ridiculous punishments he handed down were against child abusers and woman beaters. Except this time, he gave a 4 game suspension after HIS OWN 3 month investigation came up with "more probable than not." And that hilarious ambiguity was referring to GENERAL KNOWLEDGE of underinflated footballs (which, by the way, gave the Patriots that subtle edge they needed to win 45-7. How underinflated were the balls, again?)

The man is a joke and if he isn't removed as commissioner after this, he'll likely be doing this until he dies. The owners can't get enough of him. I'm pretty tired of him, if you can't tell.

Uh, Goodell and his decisions don't have anything to do with this. I just wanted Brady to stay suspended so the Steelers would still have a chance at beating them in the opener. But now the Patriots will only lose their mediocre RB while the Steelers won't have their star RB, their deep threat WR, and their Pro Bowl center. The Steelers couldn't do much against the Ravens without only Bell, I dread to see how they'll look against a team like the Patriots when a few of their key offensive players are out.

Edited by Anacybele

Scobee's pretty good, but we didn't really need two kickers. Anyway, with the Brady decision in, I feel more comfortable picking Week 1 (as confident as one can be picking Week 1 anyway).

Steelers at Patriots- Steelers are missing major players, Brady hasn't lost at home in the regular season since like 2008 or something ridiculous like that.
Packers at Bears- This rivalry has been lopsided in favor of the Packers for a while now.
Chiefs at Texans- With Arian Foster out and a mediocre at best QB position(Ryan Mallett?) I don't see them putting up many points against a good defense
Browns at Jets- I don't have much confidence in either of these teams offensively, but the Jets should be good on defense and they're at home
Colts at Bills- Tricky one here, but the Bills did manage to limit a number of high powered offenses last year.
Dolphins at Redskins- Dolphins have gotten a lot of talent on paper- might not lead to great success but I think they can beat the Redskins because the Redskins are bad.
Panthers at Jaguars- Tempted to go with the homer pick here, as I think the Panthers are weak offensively especially with no Kelvin Benjamin. I don't think the Jags will score much here either though.
Seahawks at Rams- This is a location where the Seahawks have struggled before, but their loss here last year required a lot of trickery on the part of the Rams. Have to go with the more talented team here.
Saints at Cardinals- Cardinals should be better offensively than they were the second half of last season with Palmer back. Saints have not traveled well out west in recent years.
Lions at Chargers- I could go either way on this one really, somewhat unsure about both of these teams so I picked the home team.
Titans at Buccaneers- Titans have actually been quite good in their season openers even when not being very good the rest of the season- also I just don't want to pick the Bucs.

Bengals at Raiders- Seems like the Raiders are still pretty bad and the Bengals should still be pretty good.

Ravens at Broncos- Not sure about this one due to how last season ended, but Manning at home has been a very solid bet with the Broncos

Giants at Cowboys- I think this one will be a shootout, with breakout offenses against questionable defenses. Normally I'd give this to the home team, but the NFC East is kinda backwards.

Eagles at Falcons- I see another shootout here- I think the new Eagles offense will take some time to gel completely coordinated.

Vikings at 49ers- Probably not many points here, with solid defenses against suspect offenses. Going with the home team.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Even with Brady starting I think the Steelers still have a fair shot at winning. While the Steelers are missing key players on offense, Edelman and Lafell are both also injured. I also don't think people realize how horrible the Pats defense is going to be this season, that secondary is probably going to be worse than the 2011 group. I mean honestly, they literally replaced Darelle Revis with Bradley Fletcher.

Edited by Team Alucard

Malcolm Butler is Revis' replacement, actually. Fletcher will probably man the slot (and get torched.) Having McCourty on the back end will certainly help a little bit. The Patriots have a very talented front 7 though, and also have some pretty impressive defensive line depth. Collins-Mayo-Hightower is one of the best linebacker combinations in the AFC

Oh, I didn't know Edelman and someone else were hurt. I guess the Steelers do have a chance after all. Besides, Ben would definitely prove something if he can still shine despite the allies he'll be missing. And I wouldn't mind that.

I still don't think the odds of a Steeler victory are high at all though.

Edited by Anacybele

picking the broncos over the ravens is gutsy considering how the broncos went down against the Colts without a fight and the Ravens went down kicking and screaming

Eh the Broncos also looked terrible in the Super Bowl and came back the next year about as good.