2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Okay, making my game picks now.

Dolphins vs Patriots: As always, it's hard to pick against the Pats at home. I'd so love for the Dolphins to win though.

Lions vs Chiefs: Man, neither of these teams are that great. Lions are looking better lately though, I think.

Buccaneers vs Falcons: Falcons at home vs the lowly Bucs? Yeah, gotta pick 'em.

Chargers vs Ravens: Those poor poor Ravens... :P

Vikings vs Bears: Vikings just look better, plus Peterson exists.

Cardinals vs Browns; Cards look better, for sure.

Titans vs Texans: Texans just have too many QB issues right now. xP

Giants vs Saints: I like the Saints at home right now.

Bengals vs Steelers: Oooh, I think this will be close. But I give the Steelers the slight edge here because their offense will be at near full power with Big Ben back and pretty much what I said before on the topic. But as I said, it'll be close because the Bengals are coming off a bye and Ben will likely not be 100%.

49ers vs Rams: Niners still suck. lol And the Rams are at home.

Jets vs Raiders: While the Raiders look pretty decent now, I don't think they can top that Jets D.

Seahawks vs Cowboys: The Boys are still without their top guys, while the Seahawks got plenty. Although, if Dez Bryant finally returns, this could be interesting.

Packers vs Broncos: Ah, here's a good matchup! Aaron Rodgers totally beats out old man Pey-Pey, but the Broncos have a defense. The Packers do as well, though, so I think it'll come down to which QB can perform better, and that should be Rodgers.

Colts vs Panthers: The Colts have just totally collapsed since last year. lol

Now, the next edition of 3 things to know, this time for the Bengals!

Three Things to Know vs the Bengals

1. Anyone knowledgeable about the NFL should know this one: watch out for AJ Green. Keep that guy in check. Don't focus too much on him though, because the Bengals don't exactly have a horrible run game or anything either. Pressure the hell out of Andy Dalton too, so he has trouble even getting to any of his receivers.

2. O-line needs to do exactly what they did last year vs the Bengals' D. They couldn't lay a finger on Ben throughout both games! And if Ben isn't 100%, he can't let his knee get aggravated or be forced to scramble a lot.

3. Make the big plays again! Big plays were mainly what doomed the Bengals before, from Martavis Bryant's 94 yard bomb from Ben to Bell's running through them for TDs. Just remember that this still isn't the same Bengals team from last year though, and change things up a bit when needed.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll note that even without the bye and Big Ben's injury I might take the Bengals. Since October 2013, Bengals are 21-3-1 in games that start at 1 pm. Daytime Dalton is real.

If the Steelers lose this week, teams like the Chiefs/Chargers/Browns etc. can easily consider themselves in the wild card race with a win as they'd be just a game behind.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Well, I'm still going to believe the Steelers have a good chance to win. And they've proven people who say they'll lose wrong before. If they do lose though, well...that'll suck. :( Will just have to deal with it.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: it's rare that the Steelers lose back to back games. They haven't done so in the past few years.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I'm still going to believe the Steelers have a good chance to win. And they've proven people who say they'll lose wrong before. If they do lose though, well...that'll suck. :( Will just have to deal with it.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: it's rare that the Steelers lose back to back games. They haven't done so in the past few years.

Well, they didn't do it last year. They did it 3 times in 2013(counting the 0-4 start as one incident).

They did it 3 times in 2013 and twice in 2012

That doesn't make it rare... uncommon yes but it's not rare at all.

I mean, the Ravens going 1-6 is probably rarer than that and it happened. |:

EDIT: Technically it happened 6 times in 2013. 0-4 means back-to-back-to-back. And in 2012 it was 3 times. That's pretty uncommon but far from rare.

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm gonna be honest, I'm pretty shocked that the Patriots have the worst T and CB depth in the entire NFL

right now and have still emerged as the team to beat in the AFC. The defense has improved tremendously; the front seven has been especially impressive, as well as the play from 3 different players who play safety (Chung, Harmon, and McCourty.)

Health is never a given in this league but if Brady/Gronk stay healthy and no more tackles or corners go down, I smell a repeat.

Think I'm changing from the Titans to the Texans since Mariota is out. Mettenberger has never won as a starter which seems like a bad thing to bet on fixing itself.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'm not surprised. He has no good receivers around him other than Travis Kelce and his star RB is out for the season. Somebody had to fill in the rushing role. xP

Anyway, the Steelers are finally on TV here. :D Although probably because it's a big divisional game and the Panthers don't play until tomorrow.

EDIT: AB TD. :D Opening drive! First time we got an opening drive TD in 15 games, apparently. Glad that streak is in the trash. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Aw, FUCK. CAN'T THIS OFFENSE STAY HEALTHY ANYMORE? We JUST got ALL OUR WEAPONS BACK TOGETHER WITH BEN BACK, and freaking BELL gets hurt again, and the same way he did last year, it looks like.

God damn it, if this is an ACL tear...

EDIT: Well, so far, so good, I guess. 10-6 Steelers, even after Ben threw an ugly pick. >_< Ben, honestly, I get that you're not 100%, but even hurt you've been better than this. :( And AB dropping a pass, come on dude. Still, the Steelers D totally shut the Bengals up after that pick lol. I can't believe the Bengals would screw up THAT bad on their own, the Steelers had to force those penalties a little. I've never seen the Bengals be so penalty happy. lol

EDIT2: BLOCKED FG BLOCKED FG FUCK YES!! Old man James Harrison! A penalty after the fact, the idiot, but that was still freaking SWEET!

EDIT3: My bad, that was Cam Heyward that actually made the block, but James Harrison still got the penalty. Even so, LOVE DAT PLAY.

Edited by Anacybele

HOLY SHIT PICKED OFF AT THIRD AND GOAL!! Ben has his defense to thank if the Steelers win. He was pretty good, but looked less 100% than I thought he'd be. I mean, I knew he wouldn't be 100%, but I thought he'd be a little better than he was.

But hot DAMN ANTWON BLAKE SAVED THE DAY!

EDIT: Hahaha, holy crap the Bengals don't seem to know what they're doing anymore. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, and now the game's over because Ben had to throw ANOTHER stupid pick. What the hell's wrong with him? I'm starting to think he should be benched again for a bit. He clearly wasn't ready for this game. I've never seen him play so horribly. Tomlin is refusing to use timeouts too.

We can forget about winning the division now.

Edited by Anacybele

I dunno why Tomlin didn't call a timeout there either- the Steelers might want those 35 seconds.

Bucs managed to blow a 17 point lead a week after blowing a 24 point lead. That's such a Bucs things to do.

Finally won. That's how you win anyway, you kick a game winning FG with time expiring.

I'm not. That looks like the end of his career.

I am too but it depends on the injury. Fake Ian Rappoport said achilles but that was fake, and somehow the unprofessional ass announcers decided to announce it without double checking it. Edited by Lord Raven