2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're bad, but they show promise to the future which is more than any Raiders team has shown since 2002.

Consistency is the biggest problem, on both offense and defense.

That Steelers game really hurt too. The team hasn't played the same since.

Don't worry about it, Antonio Brown is just that good (he torched you guys by himself pretty much). It's not something to be embarrassed about. :P

I want to see him burn Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor next week! That'll be more of a challenge than the Browns D. AB might've done that front flip into the endzone because he was bored. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I dunno how AB does it! He really doesn't seem human sometimes! He's a little guy, only 5'10", yet I've seen him shove dudes out of his way like it's nothing and wrestle for catches and he can somehow zig zag all over the field and other stuff. In fact, the Steelers Facebook page posted a Tide Pods ad clip that featured AB and the slogan was "small but powerful." lol

I also hate being torn like that... In fact, if the Bills lose, that helps the Steelers' chances as well, but I friggin hate the Pats...

EDIT: Okay, what. The Panthers are being called the underdogs going into a game against the Cowboys? The 10-0 Panthers against the fricking 3-7 Cowboys? Seriously? Yes, Tony Romo is back, but he could be rusty and the Panthers are seriously rolling.

Edited by Anacybele

it has everything to do with romo

Also, it's like +2 in favor of Dallas because it's @Dallas, meaning Panthers would be favorites on a neutral field and it would be +4 in favor of Carolina if Carolina were the home team

I'd favor the Panthers too, but it's tough to know how good the Cowboys with Romo really are.

Picks for next week:

Eagles at Lions- Lions defense has had a resurgence for...some reason. Eagles look terrible on both sides of the ball.

Panthers at Cowboys- Picking against a 10-0 team isn't usually a good bet, the Cowboys are better than their record but still.

Bears at Packers- Packers look to be out of their funk and are more talented.

Saints at Texans- Maybe the bye and coordinator change will help the Saints not give up like 35-50 points a game, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Bills at Chiefs- Bills are on the road on a short week- Chiefs defense has looked extremely dominant lately.

Chargers at Jaguars- Picking the Jags to win three in a row is tough, but they're home on a long week against an opponent traveling cross country. The Chargers also look terrible on both sides of the football.

Vikings at Falcons- Falcons went from finding ways to win in the beginning of the year to finding ways to lose- tired of getting burned picking them.

Dolphins at Jets- Both these teams are kind of a mess right now...I think the Dolphins have to win a divisional game sometime this year.

Giants at Redskins- Redskins have been better at home, but Giants coming off the bye. I don't trust the Redskins defense and the Giants usually seem to own them.

Raiders at Titans- Raiders have not looked good on their losing streak, particularly on offense, but the Titans offense has been pretty bad this year overall.

Rams at Bengals- I don't think the Rams can manage enough offense with their crappy QB stable to manage a win here. Bengals are still good despite the losing streak.

Bucs at Colts- I should really stop picking against the Bucs since they're kinda average at least right now- but Hasselbeck just keeps finding a way to win.

Cardinals at Niners- Could maybe be a trap game for the Cardinals, big win on the road against a team who plays better at home. Cardinals have squashed lesser opponents this year though.

Steelers at Seahawks- Usually don't like picking against the Seahawks at home, but it might time to admit that their D just isn't what it once was and their O-line can't pass protect. Steelers on a bye with a healthier offense can win here.

Patriots at Broncos- Short week on the road against a good defense could be a tough spot for the Patriots- but I'm going to go with Tom Brady over a guy making his second start.

Ravens at Browns- As reluctant as I am to pick the Browns, they are home after a bye and I think losing Flacco and Forsett reduces the Ravens offense to pretty much nothing.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I need to explode.

What the fuck? What the absolute fuck?

Miller out. Mario hurt. Darius hurt. Shady hurt. Tyrod hurt.

Did an improbable (and ultimately futile) win in Boston have to cost so much? The answer is no so WHY THE FUCK DID WE HAVE TO RISK EVERYONE?

Even before this game, I said that next week is our season. Now it's almost over. Congratulations Buffalo, you've made me ashamed yet again to be a fan of my team.

And the worst part is that I have a Pats fan friend who has to rub it into my face by saying how it was a good game (it wasn't) and how Butler was so great (he wasn't, Tyrod was off on his accuracy all game while Sammy had him beat on routes all night long). He doesn't understand what it's like to support a crap team and just has to rub that shit in my face, knowing that he's 10-0 now.

I'd favor the Panthers too, but it's tough to know how good the Cowboys with Romo really are.

Picks for next week:

Eagles at Lions- Lions defense has had a resurgence for...some reason. Eagles look terrible on both sides of the ball.

Panthers at Cowboys- Picking against a 10-0 team isn't usually a good bet, the Cowboys are better than their record but still.

Bears at Packers- Packers look to be out of their funk and are more talented.

Saints at Texans- Maybe the bye and coordinator change will help the Saints not give up like 35-50 points a game, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Bills at Chiefs- Bills are on the road on a short week- Chiefs defense has looked extremely dominant lately.

Chargers at Jaguars- Picking the Jags to win three in a row is tough, but they're home on a long week against an opponent traveling cross country. The Chargers also look terrible on both sides of the football.

Vikings at Falcons- Falcons went from finding ways to win in the beginning of the year to finding ways to lose- tired of getting burned picking them.

Dolphins at Jets- Both these teams are kind of a mess right now...I think the Dolphins have to win a divisional game sometime this year.

Giants at Redskins- Redskins have been better at home, but Giants coming off the bye. I don't trust the Redskins defense and the Giants usually seem to own them.

Raiders at Titans- Raiders have not looked good on their losing streak, particularly on offense, but the Titans offense has been pretty bad this year overall.

Rams at Bengals- I don't think the Rams can manage enough offense with their crappy QB stable to manage a win here. Bengals are still good despite the losing streak.

Bucs at Colts- I should really stop picking against the Bucs since they're kinda average at least right now- but Hasselbeck just keeps finding a way to win.

Cardinals at Niners- Could maybe be a trap game for the Cardinals, big win on the road against a team who plays better at home. Cardinals have squashed lesser opponents this year though.

Steelers at Seahawks- Usually don't like picking against the Seahawks at home, but it might time to admit that their D just isn't what it once was and their O-line can't pass protect. Steelers on a bye with a healthier offense can win here.

Patriots at Broncos- Short week on the road against a good defense could be a tough spot for the Patriots- but I'm going to go with Tom Brady over a guy making his second start.

Ravens at Browns- As reluctant as I am to pick the Browns, they are home after a bye and I think losing Flacco and Forsett reduces the Ravens offense to pretty much nothing.

Not to mention that it's on Thanksgiving night. At home. With Favre having his jersey retired. If we lose that one, we'll never live it down.

I need to explode.

What the fuck? What the absolute fuck?

Miller out. Mario hurt. Darius hurt. Shady hurt. Tyrod hurt.

Did an improbable (and ultimately futile) win in Boston have to cost so much? The answer is no so WHY THE FUCK DID WE HAVE TO RISK EVERYONE?

Even before this game, I said that next week is our season. Now it's almost over. Congratulations Buffalo, you've made me ashamed yet again to be a fan of my team.

And the worst part is that I have a Pats fan friend who has to rub it into my face by saying how it was a good game (it wasn't) and how Butler was so great (he wasn't, Tyrod was off on his accuracy all game while Sammy had him beat on routes all night long). He doesn't understand what it's like to support a crap team and just has to rub that shit in my face, knowing that he's 10-0 now.

2014 Chargers summed up in a Bills point of view and a single post.

I wouldn't be surprised.

But our pass-rush has been strong enough this year, it's just our supposedly dominant secondary is no longer to be seen this year other than Verrett shutting down #1 receivers.

Offense though....fire Frank Reich. Better yet...let Rivers run this offense. Unless proven otherwise, if someone can give me statistics between a Chargers no huddle and not, I believe Rivers is a way better offensive coordinator than Frank Reich.

Edited by ~Summer~

These offensive injuries are absolutely piling up for the Pats. Looks like if there's going to be a repeat, it'll be on the back of the defense. Though allowing 13 points without our best defensive player is certainly encouraging, even if Tyrod missed a bunch of throws

Injuries are piling up for a lot of teams this season lately, I think. It's like players are made of glass all of a sudden.

On another note, look who's on the cover of ESPN magazine. :D

12063462_1023022624425434_13662686257998

Man, I love this man. x3 (he needs to get rid of the horn hair though, it looks silly lol Dunno how he can wear a helmet like that anyway)

And now for my game picks since I'll be on a road trip tomorrow.

Eagles vs Lions: Pretty much what Cynthia said. The Lions are at home too.

Panthers vs Cowboys: Underdogs my ass, the Panthers deserve a little more respect than that. I don't think this will be an easy game since Romo is back, but he'll probably be rusty after all the time he's missed (look at Ben's performance right after he came back from his knee injury).

Bears vs Packers: The Packers would be idiots to lose this one for exactly what Bullwine said. And as Cynthia said, they look like they've figured out their problems.

Saints vs Texans: The Texans aren't quite as bad as I thought. The Saints seem to have issues though.

Rams vs Bengals: Bengals at home, not prime time. But I really need the Rams to win this, so I hope I'm wrong.

Vikings vs Falcons: Falcons seem to be collapsing.

Giants vs Redskins: Giants are coming off a bye, Redskins D isn't that impressive given that Cam Newton of all QBs threw 5 TDs on them.

Buccaneers vs Colts: Colts look like they've sorted their issues out too. And they're at home.

Bills vs Chiefs: Bills just had a few key injuries and they have to go on the road.

Raiders vs Titans: lol Titans right now.

Chargers vs Jaguars: Chargers just look a mess right now. And the Jags are at home.

Dolphins vs Jets: Pretty much what Cynthia said. Dolphins gotta win a divisional game someday.

Cardinals vs 49ers: Niners suck, Cardinals are pretty good, blah blah blah.

Steelers vs Seahawks: The Seahawks D looks kind of a mess lately, and there's no Marshawn Lynch right now either while the Steelers D are monsters vs the run game (most of the time). Sure, the Seahawks' backup RB had a good game vs the Niners, but that's just it, it was vs the lolNiners. The Steelers are coming off a bye too, and Ben's had time to heal his foot.

Patriots vs Broncos: Broncos are a mess on offense right now. I really want those god damn Pats to lose though... But due to that Broncos D, it'll probably be a close game regardless.

Ravens vs Browns: Cynthia covered this well (a lot of key injuries for the Ravens, their offense is like nothing now, Browns coming off a bye and are at home). I feel bad for the Ravens though, I really do, even though I hate them. It's really just a rivalry type hate though, not a HATE hate like I have for the Pats, Cowboys, and Chiefs.

Now for 3-things-to-know, this time for the Seahawks!

Three Things to Know vs the Seahawks

1. Marshawn Lynch won't be playing, but the backup RB isn't that bad, even though his good game was against the Niners. Treat him like any other RB that the Steelers D has stopped.

2. Russell Wilson is another one of those mobile, sneaky running QBs. Keep him in check, for the sake of EVERYTHING, or he will smoke you.

3. If Russell Wilson doesn't smoke you, Jimmy Graham probably will. If I recall right, he burned us last season in the Saints game. -_- COVER HIM THIS TIME. And on the offensive side, AB should be able to draw the attention of Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman. Let him do his business and run circles around these guys!

2014 Chargers summed up in a Bills point of view and a single post.

I wouldn't be surprised.

But our pass-rush has been strong enough this year, it's just our supposedly dominant secondary is no longer to be seen this year other than Verrett shutting down #1 receivers.

Offense though....fire Frank Reich. Better yet...let Rivers run this offense. Unless proven otherwise, if someone can give me statistics between a Chargers no huddle and not, I believe Rivers is a way better offensive coordinator than Frank Reich.

The Chargers are bad against the pass in terms of DVOA(#28) and are the worst team defensively against the run. The offense has been the much better unit overall honestly- not a good running team(#30) but #8 in passing offense is their biggest bright spot. Sadly, I don't have stats on no-huddle vs. huddle for the Chargers atm so you could be right about that.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Chargers are bad against the pass in terms of DVOA(#28) and are the worst team defensively against the run.

We are this year.

If you look at 2014 we were like #10.

But yah you're right the Chargers have been terrible on defense so I won't be surprised if we lose to the Jags. But you gotta remember we still got Philip Rivers.

It's funny how our weakest unit last year, pass-rush, has been the only unit this year that's actually been functioning.

OK, what asshole genie granted a Browns fan the wishes of making us a team the sports media refuses to ignore (see all of the articles about Manziel's issues) and giving us a chance to sweep the Ravens (at a time when we're a strong contender in the hunt for the #1 pick)?

I dunno but I'm pretty sure you guys get a higher pick than us if we lose out and you win next week then lose out

That Steelers loss will boost our strength of victory

EDIT: nvm the regular tiebreakers apply before strength of victory

Edited by Lord Raven

Er, except the Panthers have points?

EDIT: LUKE KUECHLY PICK SIX!! EEEEE, YEEEESSS!! <3

EDIT2: Kuechly picked it off AGAIN! OMG *more fangirl squee*

Edited by Anacybele

I'm in the Panthers hype train.

They're looking pretty fucking legit. I love Ron Rivera our former DC and MIke Tolbert <3.

I think it's them, the Cardinals or the Packers for the Superbowl.