2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's killing me that both the Jets and Giants are having big rivalry game today, but they're both at the same time. And my Giants are getting crushed.

Well, at least the Jets are playing well :/

^Hey, just be glad you're not a Ravens fan right now...

Anyway, Steelers D needs to do a little better, but at least they f-ing nailed Wilson! 1 sack already, woo hoo. I'm happy here because it's Russell Wilson. Hustle Russell, as I call him.

Steelers also got the first points just now, but we need more AB. Heath is burning that Seahawks secondary, but if AB can get out there, he can crush them! Speaking of him, Big Ben was out four games and AB STILL leads the league in receptions and yards! o.o

EDIT: Ugggh, Jacoby Jones. He either muffs the punt or lets it roll inside the 10. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

Currently the Cards/9'ers game is at

3-0 in favor of Arizona, 2nd quarter just started, and it just seems to be a slow game in general, neither of us can get anything going which is kind of strange considering how much we stomped them the first week we faced them, they probably did some good studies, or we are just making bad plays.

Regardless. Slow start lol.

Ugh, throwing to Miller on 3rd usually works, but I don't think it was smart to go to him vs the Seattle defense.

At least we can get a FG--AW WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO PUT A QB IN THE FG UNIT? Anyone can smell a trick play from a mile away if you do that, especially the Seahawks D! And it was Landry Jones no less. Big Ben should be throwing since he's healthy. :/ Of course, Jones' pass was picked off.

No, only Lord Raven said he was garbage. And it wasn't like I expected him to be amazing. I expected him to be a little better than Dri Archer was, which is basically okay.

And yeah, we just gave the Seahawks a free TD. We can't have this BS against them...

EDIT: Finally, the Jacoby Jones I wanted to see showed up! 36 yard run! And the Seahawks added 15 yards with a penalty. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I definitely mentioned the fact that he has a NEGATIVE punt return average. Guess what? That hasn't changed since he was picked up by the Steelers. There's a reason he was let go by the Chargers

Edited by chococoke

Yeah it was, the Seahawks punted it.

Anyway, TD STEELERS!! Martavis Bryant pulling off some slick moves! THAT was a trick play that was better executed and planned, with Big Ben giving it to DeAngelo Williams who pitched it to Bryant. Had just about the whole Seahawks D fooled. lol

It was actually after Seattle's first TD. Jones hasn't returned a punt in this game.

It's remarkable how poor the Seahawks have been this season at covering between the numbers. I feel like that's how they've lost games this season

EDIT: hey, jacoby almost had a positive punt return! And then holding was called :(

Edited by chococoke

Yeah, that's not Jacoby's fault though.

Anyway, TD and two points for the Steelers earlier, fuck yeah. :D DeAngelo Williams got the TD, Jesse James got the two points (poor Heath Miller hurt his rib... >_<). MAN the Steelers are so good at two points! They've gotta be the best two points team in the league.

Also, Markus Wheaton is having himself a DAY. I think the Seahawks D is focusing so much on AB and Bryant that they're forgetting about Wheaton. lol Wheaton is nearly as good as they are.

Btw, fun fact: AB, Bryant, and Heyward-Bey are the fastest receiver trio in the league. ;D Bryant is the fastest of the three, but all of them are very close to the same speed.

Edited by Anacybele

The Seahawks wound up starting in Steelers territory and our D still forced 'em to punt. Hahaha!

Ryan Shazier was taken off the sidelines to be checked for a concussion earlier though. Can this guy EVER STOP GETTING HURT? I hope he doesn't have a concussion...ugh.

EDIT: Two three and outs in a row for the Seahawks! Our defense got them shut down right now. And let's keep it that way!

EDIT2: UGGGH. That was the shittiest luck we've had in any game so far right there. A pick that neither side expected from Ben (ball slipped from his hand and ended up in the hands of a Seahawks guy who didn't even know he had it at first), then how the hell did Jimmy Graham come up with that catch when the coverage on him was actually really good that time, and then a TD right after for Seattle.

BUT. WE BLOCKED THE FG!! So we're still up by 1, holy shit.

EDIT3: Bryant. STAHP. That's like three balls you should've caught today.

EDIT4: What the fuck, where's the PI on Richard Sherman?! He knocked Brown down, and that's why he could get that interception! Ben wanted the flag too. We got screwed hard there. But, we also just injured Jimmy Graham. Revenge is nice.

EDIT5: BEN BOMB TD TO MARKUS WHEATON FUCK YEAH!! Wheaton is just ripping it today! You'd think he was AB. lol

Edited by Anacybele

^Hey, just be glad you're not a Ravens fan right now...

What the hell does that mean?

The Ravens have multiple Superbowl wins in the last 15 years. I have 0 playoff appearances in that same time span.

Kindly shut the fuck up.

The world does not revolve around the AFC North, for your information. The Ravens are having a single bad year. I'm in year 15 currently. And that's not including the theft in Nashville in '99 or the four blown Superbowls in a row in the early '90s.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Uh, I think you missed the part where he said right now.

Yes, the Ravens are historically a good team. But this season they are in terrible shape. Virtually the entire starting team is hurt and they're 3-7. He's right, this is a horrible time to be a Ravens fan,

Edit: Also I'm confused as to why you would say "the world does not resolve around the AFC North" considering the Ravens are in the AFC North.

Edited by Jack.

The Cardinals won 19-13

But Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington both got injured.

Gabbert took a sack in the worst possible situation. They were moving the ball pretty well too.

Anyways, the Raiders looked ugly but we won somehow. A win is a win I guess.

Seahawks vs Steelers is going down to the wire...

EDIT: Ouch I think I jinxed it.

Edited by Pete Rose: Baseball Legend

Game's over now. Because our god damn secondary.

It's not ALL on them. There was the no-PI on Sherman, Bryant's drops, the turnovers (even though they weren't Ben's fault), but the secondary was awful today.

We were putting up a lot of points against a better defense than them, this was a perfectly winnable game. I'm getting really tired of the Steelers throwing games away.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this knocked us out of the playoffs for now too.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't get why they went for the FG on that last drive. The logic is that if the Seahawks turn over the ball then they only need another FG to win rather than a TD. But you know what's better than needing a FG to win? Getting a TD in the first place and having the lead. Blew the game right there, although there's of course no guarantee they would have made the TD.

Edited by Jack.