2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Browns fans. The football team moves and 4 years later they win the Super Bowl(this would have been the first in Browns history lol).

...And they're probably gonna lose to that team tonight too.

Is there any sports city as snake bitten as Cleveland?

Edited by Pete Rose: Baseball Legend

Wow, then I hope your Ratbirds never have another winning season either. Because this just uncalled for.

I never said that Cardinals fans never had any right to be upset or mad or whatever. They did. But to stay like that for seven years now is kind of drastic to me.

You don't get it, do you?

You're spoiled. Patriot fans are spoiled. Colts fans are spoiled. Packers fans are spoiled.

You can't understand what it feels like because you haven't. You don't understand the futility of watching a team fail year after year and just hoping to have a winning season. If your team doesn't make the playoffs, you want the coach fired. If ours (mine, Jedi's, ClevelandSteve's) make the playoffs, we want statues built because we don't know when the next time it'll happen.

Are Bills fans not allowed to be pissed at the Titans for stealing a playoff win back in '99? Bare in mind that we haven't been to the playoffs since then. It really is that much of a sore point, especially when you talk to a fan who is ignorant of what it feels like to support a bad team (you) because said fan has never experienced it.

As I have stated time and time again, until your team becomes the doormat of your division for years on end and you don't have a future to look forward to, you have no right to comment on anything. And from all of us here, we all sincerely hope that the Steelers do become the joke of the AFC North just so that we can rub it in your face the same way you constantly do to us.

EDIT: I'm considering making that GIF my avatar just to taunt Ana. But that would be "offensive".

Edited by Jim Moriarty

we want statues built because we don't know when the next time it'll happen.

Fuck that. We're about to go like 4-12 this season and I want a statue of Harbaugh built in the center of our city.

Is there any sports city as snake bitten as Cleveland?

In the 80s and 90s, Baltimore. Thank god for the Ravens and that one year we won the World Series in the early 80s.

Nowadays it's nice.

...And they're probably gonna lose to that team tonight too.

Well we have an all time like 24-10 record against them or something. They've been swept by us a lot. Edited by Lord Raven

In the 80s and 90s, Baltimore. Thank god for the Ravens and that one year we won the World Series in the early 80s.

Two decades of shit? That's cute. Try five and counting.

Also holy shit is the Browns defense garbage. I pretty much never get to actually watch them since I moved out of the Cleveland area, but actually witnessing them failing to stop anything shows how much they suck way better than a bunch of statistics.

Edit: Way to go, Austin Davis! Hopefully he wins the starting job for the rest of the season if we win this game. It's not like we have anything to lose by giving him that chance.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

it was 3 decades

orioles had like one championship; we were really terrible from the 70s to 2000

on top of, you know, all the issues with the city itself

but you can have the pathetic sports city title

anyway there is our two minute defense at work

Edited by Lord Raven

thought they were gonna go for it for a minute... that would have been ballsy. That bad 2 minute defense may strike again.

Edit: Literally just yelled at the TV, what just happened........... what a way for this game to end.

Edited by Zasplach

Yah. I was secretly rooting for the Browns the entire ga,e (sorry Lord Raven)

but then bam blocked field goal and WIll HIll ran the field goal. Dude is a fucking stud.

I thought it was done when Matt Schaub threw the pick to Tramon Williams.

But the Ravens had like 3 dropped INTs.

Well, that field goal couldn't have gone worse. At least this helps our draft position, though our front office fucks up drafts so consistently it doesn't really matter.

Only the Browns could possibly lose like that and make you realize that it's simply your average week for Cleveland fans.

I heard about that play at the end of the Ravens vs Browns game. And I thought Cam Heyward's two blocked FGs on the season was kinda nuts. xP (seriously, he did both the block in the Bengals game AND the one vs the Seahawks)

Picks for this week:

Packers at Lions- Lions are hot and Packers are still struggling offensively, but still hard to believe the Lions will sweep them.

Seahawks at Vikings- Seahawks can stop the run well enough I think and their offense is looking very good lately.

Ravens at Dolphins- Schaub didn't look too shabby actually and the Dolphins look terrible.

Texans at Bills- Since that meltdown against Miami, Texans defense has been dominant. Bills defense...not as good as expected.

Niners at Bears- Niners haven't been a good road team this year and the Bears are finding ways to win.

Jaguars at Titans- Titans have lost 11 straight home games...but the last team they beat was the Jags. These teams usually split.

Falcons at Bucs- Falcons have been finding ways to lose- hard to have any confidence in them. First pick of the Bucs this year and it's in December.

Cardinals at Rams- Could potentially be another tricky spot for the Cardinals, but the Rams look to be in total meltdown mode, especially on offense.

Jets at Giants- Tough one to pick, but I think the Jets have been more consistent this year.

Broncos at Chargers- Broncos are too good on defense to lose here I think.

Chiefs at Raiders- Chiefs are on a roll. They even showed last week that they can throw downfield if they need to.

Panthers at Saints- Saints defense is a mess and the offense looked bad against the Texans too. Panthers are still undefeated obviously.

Eagles at Patriots- Patriots at home always a good pick. Eagles look like the worst team in the league right now.

Colts at Steelers- Colts don't have a strong pass D and they're on the road against a strong passing offense. Hasselbeck has done well do far, but I don't like him in a shootout.

Cowboys at Redskins- Redskins have been good at home and the Cowboys haven't shown they can win without Romo.

Cynthia, you forgot the Bowns/Bengals game.

Which the Bengals will obviously win. Browns have been awful, Bengals are on the upswing after a brief rough patch and are returning to their peak.

Ravens at Dolphins- Schaub didn't look too shabby actually and the Dolphins look terrible.

i dunno man the dolphins are in the "FIRIN MAH LAZOR" mood

webb at free safety might work out well for us relatively speaking - though our corners are mediocre (nice lisfranc injury you're still recovering from jimmy) or outright awful (shareece wright) and Tannehill may be able to get us

still though you never know whats gonna happen with this team. 5 blocked kicks in a row

EDIT: I would like to post the elimination/clinching scenarios starting now. Thanks reddit! Will not include ties to prevent this post from being a mess.

Division titles

Clinching

New England Patriots

- New England win and New York Jets loss

Carolina Panthers

- Carolina win

- Atlanta loss

Elimination

New York Jets

- New England win and New York Jets loss

Baltimore Ravens

- Baltimore loss

- Cincinnati win

Tennessee Titans

- Tennessee loss

- Houston win

Oakland Raiders

- Oakland loss and Denver win

Chicago Bears

- Chicago loss and Minnesota win

Detroit Lions

- Detroit loss

Atlanta Falcons

- Atlanta loss

- Carolina win

St. Louis Rams

- St. Louis loss

Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins are eliminated from AFCE title contention

Cleveland Browns are eliminated from AFCN title contention

San Diego Chargers are eliminated from AFCW title contention

Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints are eliminated from NFCS title contention

San Francisco 49ers are eliminated from NFCW title contention

Playoffs

Clinching

Note: I will not include the title clinching scenarios in this section.

New England Patriots

- New England win and Kansas City loss

- New England win and Pittsburgh loss

Cincinnati Bengals

- Cincinnati win, Indianapolis loss, Houston loss, New York Jets loss

- Cincinnati win, Indianapolis loss, Houston loss, Kansas City loss, Denver win

Carolina Panthers

- Seattle loss

- Green Bay loss and Arizona loss

Elimination

Cleveland Browns

- Cleveland loss

- Pittsburgh win, Baltimore win, Kansas City win, Buffalo win, New York Jets win

Tennessee Titans

- Tennessee loss

San Francisco 49ers

- San Francisco loss, Seattle win, Green Bay win

Edited by Lord Raven

I really hope my Giants make the playoffs but right now it's not looking great. That loss to the Redskins was costly and out defense is looking terrible.They could potentially beat out the Skins for the wildcard spot, but the Giants ROS is much more difficult than the Redskins (Vikings is a tough matchup, and we most likely will not beat the Panthers). Even if we snag a wildcard spot, the only other wildcard team I feel we could realistically beat is the Seahawks, and even then it would not be an easy game. There's always next year, I guess :/

I'm hopping on the Carolina train. I've been confident in the Bengals all year but Dalton is starting to dip a bit while Cam and the Panthers ae showing no signs of stopping. They have a top offence, a top defence, and no damning injuries. I think they're gonna take it all the way and beat the Pats (probably) in the Super Bowl. I don't think any other team even has a chance of beating them right now.

Speaking of the Panthers, it seems like the football gods are on their side and no one else's. I can't think of many other good teams that don't have or haven't had several key injuries or struggles. The Packers lost a couple receivers, the Pats lost a receiver and then Gronk for a week, the Steelers battled SEVERAL QB injuries and kicker problems, the Ravens don't really need any explanation, etc. etc. And then the Broncos are dealing with old man Peyton and such, and the Bengals have Average Andy.

The only notable injury that the Panthers had was Luke Kuechly's concussion earlier in the season, and the defense was still good without him. And the team hasn't shown any signs of struggle. But I like that since I'm obviously a fan of them. But I hate that some people are still calling them overrated. Yes, they still lack really good receivers. But what they have are doing just enough and that's without Kelvin Benjamin. Besides, Greg Olsen. Nuff said.