2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH COME ON, ANOTHER fumble?! And by Greg Olsen no less? First Jonathan Stewart, now him? What's going on here, this isn't like these guys at all. Cam is being Cam (mostly), but the rest of his troops aren't helping him like they normally do. >_> Also, the Panthers secondary seems to think they're the Steelers secondary for some reason.

At least the D forced the Saints to punt again.

Cam went down a bit awkwardly earlier, btw, but he looks okay for now.

EDIT: NICE TD by Stewart just now, but then the FG was blocked and returned for Saints points. COME ON, can we PLEASE catch a break here? That looked like a good comeback coming...

Announcers are incorrect that this is the first time this ever happened though. Because Ravens kick-six vs the Browns. So a FG HAS been blocked and returned for points in the past.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, they sure did. Not all that surprised though, the Vikings really aren't that great.

...But how the hell are the Eagles tied with the Patriots? Is the lack of Gronk that big a deal for the latter? o_O Oh well, I always like to see a Pats loss, so if the Eagles somehow win this, good on them.

COME ON, can we PLEASE catch a break here? That looked like a good comeback coming...

Team is 11-0 and clinched the division, but can't catch a break.

Announcers are incorrect that this is the first time this ever happened though. Because Ravens kick-six vs the Browns. So a FG HAS been blocked and returned for points in the past.

Announcer probably said extra point, not field goal.

At any rate, we were this close to being the first to return an extra point back for 2 points in the Dolphins game today, but Lawrence Guy jumped a little offsides.

Team is 11-0 and clinched the division, but can't catch a break.

I obviously meant the game, not the season. Also, if your team was 11-0, wouldn't you hate to have a potentially perfect season snapped after doing so well?

Announcer probably said extra point, not field goal.

Oh, then yeah, probably.

Edited by Anacybele

I obviously meant the game, not the season. Also, if your team was 11-0, wouldn't you hate to have a potentially perfect season snapped after doing so well?

First seed and grabbing the division is more important than some meaningless undefeated record

As it stands, the Panthers are what? If they lose today, then they are 4 games ahead of the Packers for the first round bye and 1 ahead of the Cardinals, maybe 2 since I haven't checked out the tie breakers.

They only need to win two more games to clinch a first round bye, and if the Cardinals drop one then they basically have the 1 seed locked up with two more wins.

First seed and grabbing the division is more important than some meaningless undefeated record

As it stands, the Panthers are what? If they lose today, then they are 4 games ahead of the Packers for the first round bye and 1 ahead of the Cardinals, maybe 2 since I haven't checked out the tie breakers.

They only need to win two more games to clinch a first round bye, and if the Cardinals drop one then they basically have the 1 seed locked up with two more wins.

Panthers would lose the tiebreaker to the Cardinals(since the Cardinals have an out of conference loss and the Panthers can only lose in the NFC), so they probably need to stay 3 ahead before resting starters.

Woah Eagles up by 14 now, special teams for the win.

Edited by -Cynthia-

It's been a while since I've seen the Pats play a game like this. Blocked punt returned for a TD, INT return for a TD at the Eagles goal line, punt return TD by Sproles and no semblance of an offense to be seen. Hooray

Interception and Cam and co. couldn't make anything of it. >_< But they're still in the lead. Them and the Saints have been trading the lead back and forth at this point, actually.

And wow, the Eagles right now, more lolwut.

It's been a while since I've seen the Pats play a game like this. Blocked punt returned for a TD, INT return for a TD at the Eagles goal line, punt return TD by Sproles and no semblance of an offense to be seen. Hooray

Well, last time they didn't have Gronk was the Chiefs game last year right? That was even worse.

PANTHERS STAY PERFECT!! 12-0! :D

Saints came close to beating them though. They came real close. Kudos to them. Also, Kudos to the Eagles for somehow managing to knock off the Pats.

Also, apparently, I might miss part of the Steelers game because stupid Obama has to make a national speech or something. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

Lots of pressure on the Steelers here since the Chiefs, Jets, and Bills all won.

Oh shit, you're right. Ugh. The Steelers need to pull this off. Especially considering how well they played against the Colts last year.

EDIT: OH, a Steelers interception already! Jarvis Jones picks off Hasselbeck at the 1 yard line, hell yeah. :D

EDIT2: And DeAngelo Williams had to fumble the damn thing. -_- That's three turnovers in just the first two minutes of the game. Ridiculous. Steelers need to start looking like the Steelers.

EDIT3: BRANDON BOYKIN INTERCEPTION! It's about time we see this guy too! WOO!!

EDIT4: Steelers go into halftime 21-10, hell yeah, the explosive offense showed up at last. :D Although it ended up not mattering in the end, I hate that a big play by AB got killed by a penalty on the offensive line... Speaking of which, AB might've had some trouble against Richard Sherman last week, but Vontae Davis is getting torched. :P

EDIT5: After halftime, 28-10 STEELERS!! After a long Martavis Bryant TD! :D Now all of our top 3 receivers have a TD today, that's impressive! AB, Wheaton, and Bryant all got one TD each! Get a TD to Heyward-Bey and all of our main receivers will have one!

EDIT6: OHHH!! AB catches a Ben bomb in tight double coverage! AB is the MAN!

EDIT7: After an AB PUNT RETURN TD, the Steelers TRASH the Colts 45-10! WOOO!! But why the hell did these guys ever need Dri Archer OR Jacoby Jones when AB does it all just fine? lol Jones won't be doing punts for us anymore though. He sucked. I didn't think he'd be amazing or anything, but I thought he'd be at least average. Geez, what a waste.

Edited by Anacybele

Nice win by the Steelers- I think it may be a demonstration of how a team can only be carried so far by a 40 year old backup QB. Would be pretty embarassing if the Colts turn around and own the Jags next week after that.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Maybe, but I thought Hasselbeck was just scared after Super Bowl 40 lol. He WAS the quarterback for the Seahawks in that game! :P

Maybe he just wants the ball and he's going to score ;)