2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember saying anything about an analysis, but if I did, I don't know why I did. I wouldn't be saying such things now.

Well you're making statements like that despite... them not being entirely correct, basing it off of cherry picking, etc, then adamantly defending them. You still haven't changed much.

Maybe it wasn't 1000 yards specifically then, I just recall something saying that AB is one of only a handful of players that have had three straight seasons with a certain number of receiving yards. Might have been 3000.

People cherry pick stuff like this all the time. 3000 receiving yards would shatter a record btw, and 1964 is the record for receiving yards in a year (held by Calvin Johnson).

Oh wait, is that why you're saying OBJ sucks? Because he got 80 yards and a TD against Josh Norman and did some dickish things? Are you mad about that? lol

based on what

cause OBJ has been killing it far more than john brown has these past two years

Even though I brought up John Brown, he was #69 in DYAR in 2014 so it is a little difficult to call him a great receiver. I suppose my point is that whoever is the 'best' at any one position is subjective(within reason)- one could definitely make an argument for Antonio Brown as the best wide receiver right now. OBJ is definitely up there though, antics in the last game aside.

Picks for this week:

Chargers at Raiders- Chargers have looked awful in every division game this year.

Redskins at Eagles- Redskins can clinch the division with a win here- which probably means that they won't since this is the NFC East.

Niners at Lions- The Lions have gotten it together kinda. Niners are bad.

Browns at Chiefs- I'm not sure why one would pick the Browns here.

Colts at Dolphins- Colts should be getting Luck back which might help. Dolphins have a lot of issues.

Patriots at Jets- Interesting game here, Patriots are hard to pick against.

Cowboys at Bills- Cowboys offense is still gross.

Panthers at Falcons- Hard to pick the Falcons after what the Panthers did to them two weeks ago.

Steelers at Ravens- Lacks a lot of the usual luster because the Ravens are a mess.

Texans at Titans- Despite the Texans revolving door of quarterbacks, they should be able to beat a bad Titans team with their defense.

Bears at Bucs- Two teams trending downward...I'll go with the home team I guess.

Jaguars at Saints- Neither team is good on defense- I'll go with the home team again.

Packers at Cardinals- Packers have looked better the past two games, but the Cardinals are much better than the Cowboys or Raiders.

Rams at Seahawks- Rams are often a troublesome team for the Seahawks, but the Seahawks are on a roll right now.

Giants at Vikings- No OBJ and the Vikings are getting more out of the passing game.

Bengals at Broncos- Backup quarterbacks, Bengals in primetime...lots going on here. I'll take the good defense at home.

Picks for this week:

Chargers at Raiders- Chargers have looked awful in every division game this year.

That depressing reality when the Raiders are better than you qq.

People cherry pick stuff like this all the time. 3000 receiving yards would shatter a record btw, and 1964 is the record for receiving yards in a year (held by Calvin Johnson).

Oh wait, is that why you're saying OBJ sucks? Because he got 80 yards and a TD against Josh Norman and did some dickish things? Are you mad about that? lol

Yeah, I looked it up again, it was 1200 yards.

And lolwut? I never even said he sucks. OBJ is pretty good. I'm mad that he kept targeting Josh Norman and then tried to seriously injure him by ramming him in the head with his helmet. That is really low. And Josh Norman is a super CB and I really want to see him vs Antonio Brown, plus, of course, I like the Panthers. And if he was hurt badly enough, he wouldn't even appear in the Super Bowl if the Panthers got there and that's the only way at this point that I'll see him go against Antonio Brown.

Also, speaking of AB, guess what? He set another NFL record! Only player in NFL history to have two 16-catch games in one season. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

Those are some really cherry picked records that are used to make people like you constantly brag about this and feel like they're witnessing history. Please stop bragging about those, it's really fucking irritating.

no not necessarily

you're saying it pretty boastfully (dictionary)

that's bragging

So basically, playoff stuff.

NFC

1. Carolina, Arizona

2. Carolina, Arizona, Green Bay

3. Arizona, Green Bay

4. NFC East Team

5. Green Bay, Seattle

6. Green Bay, Seattle

Washington clinches the 4-seed with;

- Washington win

Philadelphia is eliminated from the playoffs with;

- Philadelphia loss

New York Giants are eliminated from the playoffs with;

- New York Giants loss

- Washington win

Green Bay clinch the NFC North with;

- Green Bay win + Minnesota loss

Minnesota cliches a playoff berth with;

- Minnesota win

- Atlanta loss

- Seattle win

Carolina clinches home field advantage with;

- Carolina win

- Arizona loss

Atlanta is eliminated from the playoffs with;

- Atlanta loss

- Minnesota win

- Seattle win

Arizona clinches a bye week with;

- Arizona win

AFC

1. New England, Cincinnati

2. New England, Cincinnati

3. Cincinnati

4. AFC South team

5. Cincinnati

6. Cincinnati

New England clinches the 1-seed with;

- New England win

New York Jets are eliminated from the playoffs with;

- New York Jets loss + Pittsburgh win + Kansas City win + Denver win

Cincinnati clinch the AFC North with;

- Cincinnati win

- Pittsburgh loss

Cincinnati clinches a WC bye with;

- Cincinnati win

Pittsburgh is eliminated from AFC North with;

- Pittsburgh loss

- Cincinnati win

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff berth with;

- Pittsburgh win + New York Jets loss

Houston clinches the AFC South and therefore eliminates Indianapolis and Jacksonville from the playoffs with;

- Houston win + Indianapolis loss

- Houston win + Cincinnati win + Kansas City win + Baltimore win

- Houston win + Cincinnati win + 1 or more win from New Orleans, New York Jets, Carolina

- Houston win + New Orleans win + New York Jets win + Carolina win

lol god damn the strength of victory thing here

Jacksonville is eliminated from the playoffs with;

- Jacksonville loss

- Houston win

Denver clinches the AFC West and therefore eliminates Kansas City from the AFC West title with;

- Denver win + Kansas City loss

Denver clinches a playoff berth with;

- Denver win + Pittsburgh loss

- Denver win + New York Jets loss

Kansas City clinches a playoff berth with;

- Kansas City win + Pittsburgh loss

- Kansas City win + New York Jets loss

well shiiiiiiiiiiiit

it's actually entirely possible the 1-4 seeds are set in stone next week for the AFC, and the entire NFC is decided.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh, well then, I feel dumb. ._.

Anyway, Elliot Harrison just said the funniest thing I've ever seen on his power rankings. "If Dijon mustard and baby puke had a kid, it'd be the Ravens' pants." Just oh my god. LOL

The NFL has rolled out some absolutely horrifying uniform combinations this season. The "ketchup vs. mustard" battle from last Thursday was pretty awful. And then there was the red and green nightmare that actually prevented some colorblind people from telling one team from the other. All to get that extra coin from Nike, too.

Just saw a replay of Cody Wallace's late helmet-to-helmet hit on that Broncos safety. I know OBJ is a bigger name and all, but Wallace's hit was basically as dirty as Beckham's and he should've been suspended. More proof that the NFL is not capable of giving out consistent punishments.

I mean, OBJ and Norman were going back and forth all game, so the "targeting" was basically reciprocal. Wallace used his helmet as a weapon. IMO that deserves a suspension every single time. There's no place in football for that kind of low brow bullshit.

OBJ used his helmet as a weapon AND racked up 3 personal foul penalties AND should've gotten two more at the beginning of the game. The helmet-to-helmet hit was likely the last straw. All Cody Wallace did was get too hostile at the end of ONE play. If you say he should've been suspended, then you should say James Harrison should've been suspended every time he got fined for a bad hit. Cody Wallace wasn't specifically targeting the guy, nor was he fighting with him all day, and neither did James Harrison.

Uhhhhhh if you really think Wallace wasn't targeting on that play you're either in serious denial or haven't seen the replay. OBJ should've been thrown out before he even had the chance to do his charging bull attack. I'm not saying everyone needs to be suspended after a dirty hit. I'm saying anytime you have a situation where a player uses his helmet as a weapon and is essentially attacking the head/neck area of another player, that player needs to be taught to keep his fucking cool. He also did it after the play was basically over. It's as dirty a "play" as you can make on a football field.

Seriously, watch the replay and tell me again he wasn't targeting anyone on that play. I know your homerism flows uninhibited throughout your body, but you really need to understand that a hit like that can cause serious, serious damage to someone.

EDIT: Here ya go https://vine.co/v/iKF5EmQLXXw

Edited by chococoke

:facepalm: What I meant by targeting was that Wallace hadn't been throwing fits with the guy the whole game like OBJ was doing to Josh Norman. People had just had enough of OBJ's bullshit. Cody Wallace only made one bad move.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow that hit was completely fucking unnecessary.

OBJ was suspended for the hit, not the roughness and "chippiness" or whatever the hell. Wallace is the same shit. That hit was brutal and completely unnecessary. This isn't "we've had enough we'll suspend you" he was literally just suspended over the hit.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yes, it was completely unnecessary, and I was very disappointed that a Steeler would do that.

But OBJ repeatedly beat on Josh Norman and I still think that factored in.

Edited by Anacybele

Like I said earlier, OBJ-Norman wasn't one-sided. They were going back and forth literally all game. Our definitions of targeting clearly differ. I'm sticking with my college football definition of "using your helmet as a weapon to attack the head/neck of an opposing player." Makes a bit more sense to me

Edited by chococoke