2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

lol man which other head coaches, aside from tomsula, have only lasted a year at the helm

all the bay area saw it coming from a mile away, but it's still surreal how quickly the 49ers fell apart without harbaugh

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chudzinski with the Browns a few years back, he was fired after a year with the Browns due to a really terrible FO

I forget who else off the top of my head but I know Oakland and Washington did it a lot because Al Davis got really senile and Dan Snyder is a crazy motherfucker.

49ers also fell apart because they lost something like 20 players to retirement and injury, then Kaepernick regressed and they were forced to start the real american Blaine Gabbert. That roster was not talented.

Finally, black monday reports today: Tom Coughlin has been fired. Pagano is expected to fight for his job. Chip Kelly, out. Dolphins aren't keeping Dan Campbell. Tomsula is out. Mike Pettine is gone. Who else is on the chopping block here?

I thought the Dolphins started doing decently with Campbell. Huh.

EDIT: Also, it looks more like Coughlin is simply retiring to me. I mean, the dude looks kind of ancient.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, that's what it was. Initial thing that I read said fired but he resigned.

Although, speaking of age, apparently this means that the longest tenured coaches in the NFL are now, in order;

Belichick (16 years)

Marvin Lewis (13 years)

Payton (9 years)

Tomlin (9 years)

Harbaugh (8 years)

Also going to note now that Payton may end up going to another team anyway. Saints are letting him interview and he's interested in the Giants and the Colts - and I think he'd be leaning way more towards the Giants due to the fact that he is a Parcells guy.

Edited by Lord Raven

Chudzinski with the Browns a few years back, he was fired after a year with the Browns due to a really terrible FO

I forget who else off the top of my head but I know Oakland and Washington did it a lot because Al Davis got really senile and Dan Snyder is a crazy motherfucker.

49ers also fell apart because they lost something like 20 players to retirement and injury, then Kaepernick regressed and they were forced to start the real american Blaine Gabbert. That roster was not talented.

Finally, black monday reports today: Tom Coughlin has been fired. Pagano is expected to fight for his job. Chip Kelly, out. Dolphins aren't keeping Dan Campbell. Tomsula is out. Mike Pettine is gone. Who else is on the chopping block here?

I think other than Sean Payton shopping around that's probably it? The Titans probably want a head coach that's not Mularkey, he was just filler.

I read a report saying Titans are fine with Mularkey.

Hmm yeah now that I look at it seems you might be right. Being content with mediocrity or worse is a very Titans thing to do I guess, they held onto Jeff Fisher for like 20 years.

The Titans are full of Mularkey then! Haha. Get it? :P

(I've heard the phrase "full of malarky" before for those that don't)

Edited by Anacybele

YES WE FIRED REICH!

McCOY WAS CALLING PLAYS RECENTLY AND WE FARED BETTER! YES YES YES!

TOMMY T ANOTHER FINE JOB BY YOU!

Now we just need to find a competent owner, a giant man for our line and if possible a new Safety for Weddle.

Oh, the opponents for next season have been decided!

OH COME THE FUCK ON. I'M TIRED OF FACING THE FUCKING CHIEFS EVERY FRICKEN YEAR, THEY'RE NOT EVEN IN OUR DIVISION. -_- This is like the fourth year in a ROW. *headdesk* (it's in Pittsburgh though, thankful for that)

And the Patriots again... Well, hopefully this time they'll get an ass whooping. The Ravens and Bengals will play them too, and I hope they both give the same.

...The Panthers have to play the Chiefs TOO? I think I'm going to have a migrain.

Edited by Anacybele

do you know how scheduling is determined

it doesn't sound like you do

hint: they follow a formula, and it's not a coincidence

daily reminder that your reasons for hating the chiefs is equivalent to hating on a dude because he picked up the last copy of Pokemon when he was right in front of you in line, despite his parents recently being diagnosed with leukemia, his grandparents dying, and his friend being involved in a murder suicide two weeks prior.

aka they're fucking stupid. either stop talking about it or get over it. this should not be an issue when like 10 people are telling you how it's stupid and why it's stupid and you just say "but imo it's not because i dont let facts get in the way of my opinions."

Edited by Lord Raven

Uh, you brought it up this time, not me. I never intended to talk about the hate at all, only that I'd like ONE season where we don't have to face the Chiefs. So how about you stop talking about how "stupid" you think my reasons for hating them are?

Also, you do know that leukemia patients are typically children, right?

Another thing, I'd also like people to please stop bitching at me in here already.

Edited by Anacybele

chuck pagano's leukemia was diagnosed a few years ago but that's not for here nor there

furthermore, you missed the actual question at the top

you are aware there is a scheduling formula right?

EDIT: you also didnt play in 2013, and you will always be playing in years where the last two digits are divisible by 3 because of the scheduling formula.

Edited by Lord Raven

Don't remind me. Probably the worst head coach firing the Browns did in recent memory (I do think we might've made the playoffs, or at least finished with a winning record, last year if we had Chud instead of Pettine).

Anyway, the Chargers, Rams, and Raiders have all apparently filed the paperwork to move to LA. Interested to see which, if any, actually end up getting relocated. I tend to have an innate dislike for teams that ditch their home cities (for obvious reasons), though this case is a little different since two of those teams actually used to play in Los Angeles before they ditched that city for their present location (technically, all three teams do, but the Chargers only played in LA for their very first season of existence). Though, I'd still rather LA (and maybe a some other cities, to keep a balanced number of teams in each conference and division) get an expansion team and everyone else stay put where they are.

Mike Pettine's been fired? I want him back in Buffalo.

Get rid of Dennis Thurman and give Pettine the DC job back. We would destroy (considering that Pettine actually built this D in the first place).

Oh and remember that list of buffoons coaching the Bills in the last decade and a half? I forgot Mike Mularkey.

Also, you do know that leukemia patients are typically children, right?

I've been reading up on leukemia after my uncle was diagnosed about four months ago and I can safely say that you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about.

THIS is why we "bitch" at you. Because you make stupid comments constantly with no evidence to back them up and when we continuously prove you to be a moron, your only response is "No, I think I'm right, therefore I must be right".

I usually do it because it kind of gives me pleasure but your above comment actually offends me due to it being a personal thing. So when it comes to things that you don't know, just shut your mouth.

EDIT: Around 90% of people with leukemia are adults. But it is the most common form of cancer for children. But 10% is not "typically children".

Now please tell me I'm wrong because you know better.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Hmm, the Colts actually kept Chuch Pagano which is unexpected. Should be an interesting team to watch this offseason, since they made free agent pickups like they thought they were contenders and then...they weren't.

Yeah, and for some reason, a lot was expected of the Colts (Luck was even predicted to be MVP). I mean, they were pretty good last season, but not THAT good. They still needed more work, so I don't know where the hype came from. They were worse than I expected too, though.

Just when I think the Browns can no longer surprise me, they hire someone from the Mets (yes, as in the BASEBALL team) to be an "Executive VP" that only answers to Haslam himself. Now we just need to get someone from the NBA and someone from the NHL and we can have a team that's good at every sport in America except the one they actually play.

Y'know, you've got teams like the Steelers who have almost always been good and have only had three different head coaches since the late 60s. Then you have teams like the Browns and Niners who get rid of their coaches after just one or two years.

MAYBE, their problems are in places OTHER than the HC, hint hint... Man, some of these franchises. xP

Edited by Anacybele

the browns hired that dude for scout evaluation and nothing more

MAYBE, their problems are in places OTHER than the HC, hint hint... Man, some of these franchises. xP

how about you stop rubbing this shit in, you're making it sound like hiring a good front office is an easy thing to do and maintain

success is definitely much more luck based than you think. as it stands the browns have had basically 2 ownership changes since 1995 (3 owners total)

Edited by Lord Raven

What? I'm not rubbing anything in. If I wanted to rub it in, I'd have said "lol these teams suck!" I'm merely pointing out the real issues of some of these franchises. I never said it was easy either. So how about you stop twisting my words?

And you know what, I'm not going to post in here anymore if people are just going to keep fucking bitching at me. I'm not doing anything wrong.

Edited by Anacybele

Are you really that socially inept that you can't possibly read your post as making fun of the Browns? Because if you take time to re-read it without trying to prove anyone wrong, you're

a) responding to a Browns fan by saying "hey we have had less coaches in 50 years than you've had in 5"

and b) "man some of these franchises XP" comes off as you trying to make fun of them. "XP" definitively gives off the same vibe as "lol"

I'm not twisting any words at all here.. you're just choosing the absolute worst wording and timing.

Except I mentioned other teams besides the Browns, so I was not "making fun" of them. You need to learn to read posts.

Sometimes, yes, I do choose the wrong words. But not this time, nope.

Edited by Anacybele

You're missing the point but you're always missing the point.

You also mentioned the Browns right after the Browns fan posted.

Don't accuse me of missing two words in a post (that were unimportant to my overall point) when you ignore over half of a point over a minor nitpick. If you want people to stop responding to you with a temper in this thread, then you need to stop acting like correcting an irrelevant detail gives you an excuse to ignore the rest of the post.