2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

LOL What? We crushed the Bengals in two games out of three.

And everybody has an off game or two, you know. And you really think the Steelers are going to repeat that BS vs the Ravens? I don't think so.

Our season was pretty great all things considered. We lost a lot of our top playmakers and still almost got to the AFC title game. We won two games without Ben and with a QB that had little experience with us.

And what are you talking about, the Bengals didn't win the division without their QB. Dalton was hurt late in the season. :/ And the Bengals always choke in the playoffs. Especially last season. They shot themselves in the foot hard at the end of that game.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33-20 against a backup qb

18-16 against a backup qb

are those "crushing"? One is a two score difference but you can at most argue you crushed them once..

And everybody has an off game or two, you know. And you really think the Steelers are going to repeat that BS vs the Ravens? I don't think so.

isn't that what you said the first time

Our season was pretty great all things considered. We lost a lot of our top playmakers and still almost got to the AFC title game. We won two games without Ben and with a QB that had little experience with us.

Against...

Chargers (ended their season 4-12)

Arizona (arguably had a way better season than you)

And what are you talking about, the Bengals didn't win the division without their QB. Dalton was hurt late in the season. :/

They came very close to going 3-0 without Dalton late in the season. Also came close to going to the divisional round.

And the Bengals always choke in the playoffs. Especially last season. They shot themselves in the foot hard at the end of that game.

Yes.. and they choked this time with a backup QB who seemed pretty lost. Dalton would definitely be able to put them over the edge. You're missing the point as always.

Every team has some injuries, there were a number of teams who had starters out for more games than the Steelers(they were 11th overall). The team that had the players out the most in 2015 was the Patriots.

I think the Steelers are a contender next year, but I'm pretty far from penciling them in for a first round bye considering I'd give them under a 50% chance to even win their division.

You guys are missing the point too. But I'm tired of trying to explain it.

Under a 50% chance, Cynthia? Are we talking about the same team here?

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I'd go like 40% Bengals/ 40% Steelers/ 20% Ravens.

I don't see a ton of reasons of why the Steelers are at least 3 games better than the Bengals compared to last year , other than possibly the Bengals below average injuries and the Steelers above average injuries regressing to the mean. The Ravens have a reasonable belief that they'll return to 2014 form with average injury luck, I'll give them a lower chance because that's more speculative.

Yeah, I'd go like 40% Bengals/ 40% Steelers/ 20% Ravens.

I don't see a ton of reasons of why the Steelers are at least 3 games better than the Bengals compared to last year , other than possibly the Bengals below average injuries and the Steelers above average injuries regressing to the mean. The Ravens have a reasonable belief that they'll return to 2014 form with average injury luck, I'll give them a lower chance because that's more speculative.

To be fair, regressing to the mean here would be average injuries, because the Bengals got pretty badly fucked in 2014.

To be fair, regressing to the mean here would be average injuries, because the Bengals got pretty badly fucked in 2014.

True, the Bengals had a rough 2014(and they still made the playoffs). They're a team people like to dismiss because of their sad playoff history, but this doesn't seem to have affected their regular season success.

Seeing Mike McCoy look like this makes me LAUGH:
IpMqxFKIy_akH9aR5mBw9mCYaIpbVeIJxNLUWBVY

He's a fucking headcoach playing Laser Tag, with his visor on backwards.

HE WEARS A VISOR IN THE OFFSEASON. HE'S TRYING TO LOOK COOL PUTTIG IT ON BACKWARDSSS.

MCCOY SMOKING MARY JUANA IN CALI ALL DAY ERRY DAY.

I don't know, he looks like he's trying to be pimp af, but since he's like 45 he looks like a dad trying to fit in, I'm laughing.

• 2 weeks later...

Aqib Talib may face charges for firing a firearm at his leg, whilst under the influence. Edited by ~Summer~

It's a Gun Law that discharging a firearm while under the influence is finable by 75,000 dollars and a year in prison.

I'm unsure if it changes state-by-state though.

Edited by ~Summer~

It's a Gun Law that discharging a firearm while under the influence is finable by 75,000 dollars and a year in prison.

I'm unsure if it changes state-by-state though.

Tell that to the people in the South. I'm sure they'll LOVE to hear that's a thing. I approve, but I live in a place where people exercise the belief that alcohol and firearms mix.

LOL, that is pretty hilarious.

On another note, Mike Tomlin, AB, and Brett Keisel have been going to the Penguins games/watching them. Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole did as well. Ben's cheering them on too, and the Pirates made a funny video in support. These guys are awesome. :D So much support between Pittsburgh teams! I really love this about them! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I've never heard of anyone being charged with shooting themselves in the foot.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4493887

Apparently Ravens players get together to watch the bachelorette every week. Softest team in the league wow

idk as long as they're not pillow fighting i dont see how that is soft

maybe ppl shouldnt judge others based on their tv preferences

Wow, the Ravens should cut Breshad Perriman at this point. He can't seem to go five minutes without a serious injury.

On another topic, Ryan Shazier is faster than our WRs, who are the fastest group of receivers in the league. He's an LB. :awesome:

i mean

a) if we cut him for injury, then i'm pretty sure it affects our cap even worse. i think a lot of players, esp rookies, have clauses that guarantee certain things in case of injury.

b) you don't cut your first round pick after two years due to anything short of a story like Manziel or something

finally

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/742739223539748866

This Eugene Monroe situation is pretty bizarre. I read today that one of the reasons the Ravens want to get rid of him is because of his pro-marijuana advocacy. I truly hope that's just a guess/bullshit from reporters, because that's a pretty miserable reason to try to ship the guy out of town.

We released him because we couldn't find a trade for him and I'm guessing we needed some cap space. We had plans to part with him or trade him when the season was over, because he was playing way below his pay grade.