2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Yeah, this. :P Though I thought Manziel was cut a long time ago. I mean, the Browns were planning on it, weren't they?

March 9th was the first day they were allowed to officially cut him. Everyone (including me) thought that they would do so immediately when it became possible to, but they didn't. Hopefully, they're just holding out to make sure no one wants to trade for him (not that anyone would, but our leadership isn't exactly known for being smart).

Edit: Apparently, the Browns are one of the teams interested in making a move to trade for Kaepernick. I know he's been to a Super Bowl before, and he'd be a huge improvement at QB for us, but he still hasn't been really good lately. Also, I can't possibly think of any players that the 49ers would accept for him that the Browns could afford to part with.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladarius Green has a lot of upside and will probably get the chance to start immediately. He'll have a chance to put up some big numbers too.

The Browns? Honestly, no words at this point. They have enough cap space to try to retain both Mack and Schwartz. I could see letting Mack walk but playing hardball with Schwartz looks like a pretty poor move right now.

Meanwhile the Jets are going to start fielding 4 RB formations next season

Fuck I wanted to keep Green...

I think he'll be underwhelming because his route-running is still underdeveloped, but the upside is there. I say he'll be a new favorite target of Ben and haul 7 touchdowns eclipsing under 800 yards.

Weddle to Raiders is a spit to the face imo.

Well, we finally got rid of Manziel. That's one thing we don't have to worry about anymore.

And apparently Kaepernick actually wants to come to the Browns, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't have the judgment skills necessary to be an effective QB. Also, he's not a free agent so the Browns still have to trade someone to the 49ers to get him. Which won't be worth it.

Fuck I wanted to keep Green...

I think he'll be underwhelming because his route-running is still underdeveloped, but the upside is there. I say he'll be a new favorite target of Ben and haul 7 touchdowns eclipsing under 800 yards.

Weddle to Raiders is a spit to the face imo.

Your Chargers still have Antonio Gates though, don't you? :P The Steelers just saw their main TE retire, so we needed a guy like Green more.

It does stink to see a good player leave your team though, whatever the reason.

EDIT: Aw crap, the Steelers better hang onto Kelvin Beachum. I know the guy is coming off an ACL tear, but he's part of that really solid o-line we've had lately.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, we finally got rid of Manziel. That's one thing we don't have to worry about anymore.

And apparently Kaepernick actually wants to come to the Browns, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't have the judgment skills necessary to be an effective QB. Also, he's not a free agent so the Browns still have to trade someone to the 49ers to get him. Which won't be worth it.

Yeah, other players are leaving the Browns because they don't feel like they have a chance to win with them...even thinking they have a better chance with teams like the Jaguars http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/2736193/former-browns-safety-tashaun-gipson-wants-win-signed-jacksonville/

Thanks for the vote of confidence I guess?

Apparently Martavis Bryant is trying to do his best Josh Gordon impersonation. At least now Steelers fans will know ahead of time that all of their top playmakers won't be on the field at the same time.

Apparently Martavis Bryant is trying to do his best Josh Gordon impersonation. At least now Steelers fans will know ahead of time that all of their top playmakers won't be on the field at the same time.

I just saw this, it blows my mind. >_>

Bryant is wasting his talent, depression or no. Still, depression is a tough thing to go through, so I hope he gets through it. Believe me, I know.

Apparently Ravens show interest in Eric Weddle.

That would be something. Weddle/Hill/Smith in our secondary. Shareece Wright is going to bust, I can see it.

I don't think anyone's gonna wanna throw on us.

Apparently Ravens show interest in Eric Weddle.That would be something. Weddle/Hill/Smith in our secondary. Shareece Wright is going to bust, I can see it.I don't think anyone's gonna wanna throw on us.

Weddle and Hill is a wet dream. Especially since he doesn't have to protect run as much with Hill next to him. Weddle pretty much masks all secondary deficiencies, and can blitz. So a very good piece for your oft-injured secondary.

TT you fucking beautiful coupon God you.

You got Casey Heyward, but for such a cheap deal of $15 million for 3 years. It's probably a lot guaranteed deal with a lot of leverage for TT to let go in case he doesn't pan.

It sucks we lose Weddle.

I think we should draft either Ramsey or Bosa. Ramsey completes our secondary but Bosa is just a dominant BPA type of guy who can make our D-line significantly better.

People say we should get Buckner because we run a 3-4 however we're just 3-4 by base. We run 4-3 sets and 5-2 sets a lot.

For the first time in 15 years, I don't have to worry about my starting QB being shit and looking for a new one in the off season.

This feeling is amazing.

I wish the Steelers would look at Weddle too if he's a good DB, but they mostly ignore free agency every year and I feel that hurts them sometimes. -_- Our secondary still needs help. Sometimes we just don't have the cap space though, which is a real bummer.

I'm now seeing reports that say the Patriots are one of the finalists for Weddle. I find it hard to believe that Weddle would pass up more money in Oakland AND the chance to play the Chargers twice per season. That being said, if they bring Weddle over it would be a huge coup and I'll await what happens with cautious optimism.

Wow, I think I would pick the Raiders in that case if I were that guy too.

On another note, Munchak has dodged the fine that was going to be handed to him for pulling the one guy's hair in the second Bengals game (or was it the playoff game? I don't actually remember...). I'm honestly kind of surprised, because while he claims he was trying to bear hug the guy to keep him from continuing to barrel through the Steelers' sideline, I find that hard to believe given what the video shows... Hopefully Tomlin has talked to him and told him not to pull that kind of shit again.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm now seeing reports that say the Patriots are one of the finalists for Weddle. I find it hard to believe that Weddle would pass up more money in Oakland AND the chance to play the Chargers twice per season. That being said, if they bring Weddle over it would be a huge coup and I'll await what happens with cautious optimism.

The primary issue I'd see is the shady shit going on with the Raiders' future in Oakland. That can be about as toxic as what he experienced in San Diego.

EDIT: guess who is (rumored to have been) the recipient of Eric Weddle

:newyears:

Edited by Lord Raven

At least with that he'd know ahead of time what he was getting himself into. It could never compare to the team you've been with your entire career basically shoving you out the door.

Alas, none of that matters since he's signing with the Ravens.

Weddle to Ravens feels like the best scenario for me in my opinion.

I like Weddle and I respect the Ravens.

Good fit, makes sense.

Love the fit. gg

Edited by ~Summer~

But you can say that for any other team with secondary issues...

Not that I don't respect the Ravens, I just feel like they one-up us a lot. And I'm tired of my team having issues against them. It feels like we have weird problems against the Ravens the same way the Ravens have weird issues vs the Bengals lately. Though, to complete the triangle, the Bengals have kinda had trouble with the Steelers (they've beaten us one time out of our last five matchups). Kinda hilarious, if you think about it. lol

So...on a happier note, at least I have a Penguins victory vs the Rangers to be happy about in the NHL department and I finally got a Pittsburgh t-shirt since I'm currently there on a trip! You'd think I'd have already had one for years now, but I realized I only have a bunch of Steelers shirts/jerseys and no general Pittsburgh shirt. But I finally have one! Though imo, Pittsburgh is only good as a vacation spot, I wouldn't recommend living there unless you like old, big expensive houses, really hilly land, and don't mind the cold.

Mike Wallace himself has dropped from relevance too, if he keeps getting dropped by teams over and over. He only has speed going for him these days. The Steelers know him well, trust me...

Steelers signed OT Ryan Harris. I guess we aren't keeping Beachum. :(

Edited by Anacybele

He won't be putting up 1,000 yard seasons anymore but he's still a deep threat that can work the sidelines. He instantly upgrades Baltimore's WR corps. Not to mention he's struggled the last few years at least partly due to the popgun arms of Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater.