2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

So giving Brown a brain injury is okay because of the actions of a couple past Steelers that aren't even on the team anymore? What the fuck, man, seriously. Brown didn't do anything to the Bengals to deserve what he got and you don't see me saying that the Steelers should injure Dalton or even Burfict in revenge (don't point out Dalton breaking his thumb against us, that was his own damn fault for throwing the ball to Tuitt and then trying to tackle him. And it was before the playoffs anyway).

I'm not saying that what Hines Ward and Kimo did was okay, it certainly wasn't. And what James Harrison did wasn't okay either. But people that had nothing to do with it do not deserve punishment for it.

Also, I would appreciate if you didn't talk about Hines Ward or other Steelers like that. I've been called out for simply insulting video game characters I don't like. If that's not okay, this isn't either.

Another thing, I'm sure every team has had players that made hard hits like that. I know your own team has, because Terrell Suggs exists (remember how he tried to take out LeGarrette Blount's legs?).

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So giving Brown a brain injury is okay because of the actions of a couple past Steelers that aren't even on the team anymore? What the fuck, man, seriously. Brown didn't do anything to the Bengals to deserve what he got and you don't see me saying that the Steelers should injure Dalton or even Burfict in revenge (don't point out Dalton breaking his thumb against us, that was his own damn fault for throwing the ball to Tuitt and then trying to tackle him. And it was before the playoffs anyway).

I'm not saying that what Hines Ward and Kimo did was okay, it certainly wasn't. And what James Harrison did wasn't okay either. But people that had nothing to do with it do not deserve punishment for it.

Also, I would appreciate if you didn't talk about Hines Ward or other Steelers like that. I've been called out for simply insulting video game characters I don't like. If that's not okay, this isn't either.

Another thing, I'm sure every team has had players that made hard hits like that. I know your own team has, because Terrell Suggs exists (remember how he tried to take out LeGarrette Blount's legs?).

Concussions are less serious than torn ligaments. By miles. A torn ligament can possibly end a career.

As for telling you that Hines Ward was a headhunter, he was. Whether or not you want to hear it doesn't really matter. If you're hurt by that, run off to your safe zone on university. It doesn't change the fact that when Ward didn't have the ball, he was a DB-seeking missile.

One concussion isn't serious, but multiple can lead to permanent brain problems.

And did I say that was why I didn't want anyone calling him harsh names? No. I'm not hurt by someone telling me he headhunted DBs, I'm hurt by someone blatantly bashing him, regardless of the reason.

One concussion isn't serious, but multiple can lead to permanent brain problems.

And did I say that was why I didn't want anyone calling him harsh names? No. I'm not hurt by someone telling me he headhunted DBs, I'm hurt by someone blatantly bashing him, regardless of the reason.

I have a friend who's had about 11 concussions. No permanent brain damage.

Why do you care? He doesn't know you and probably doesn't care about you either. I don't get teary eyes when people insult Jim Kelly or Steve Tasker.

I have a friend who's had about 11 concussions. No permanent brain damage.

Why do you care? He doesn't know you and probably doesn't care about you either. I don't get teary eyes when people insult Jim Kelly or Steve Tasker.

I said CAN. Not ALWAYS. The NFL actually conducted a study themselves and they found that 90% of past players that suffered head injuries have permanent brain problems. Someone with torn ligaments might not be able to play football anymore, but at least they can still lead pretty normal lives. People with brain problems very possibly cannot. The different parts of the brain control different bodily functions. If you're hit in the back of your head hard enough, you'll go blind, and possibly not ever see again, because that's the part of the brain that controls sight. My stepbrother fractured his skull while working once, and he said he can no longer taste anything. He can't enjoy a fucking meal anymore! That might not be as serious as blindness or torn ligaments, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to lose your sense of taste, right?

Because I respect the guy and think he's awesome outside of all the DB headhunting? And now you're just exaggerating things, I don't cry if someone insults Hines Ward or AB or Luke Kuechly either. I just politely ask them to stop and keep their hatred to themselves.

He rammed into Blount's ass because the whistle wasn't blown yet

If the refs called forward progress stopped then that would be a dirty hit. As it stands, they did not, and he basically hit his ass to bring him down.

You're targetting the wrong Raven at any rate. Bernard Pollard is the one you're looking for. I smiled when he was cut, because as nice as his fumble towards Ridley was in the AFCCG, it was a pretty nasty hit and the dude was a walking 15 yard penalty.

Lewis, Reed, Mason, Ogden, and even Terrell Suggs aren't at all reputed for being dirty players - Suggs, Lewis, and (young) Ed Reed are hard hitting, sure, but not dirty.

I guarantee you more people are sick of the Steelers dick sucking in this thread, despite it coming from one person

what is this post? If a Steelers fan is bitching about the Bengals costing them their shot at a ring due to not having Brown for the Broncos game, then they should probably take a look in the mirror and see that the Steelers did the same

and the steelers had dudes that head hunted like Burfict did (see: hines ward and the way he laid out DBs for no fucking reason, that motherfucker with a shit-eating mug can go fuck himself with all those cheap shots)

and even regardless of kimo's intent to not injure Palmer's leg, it was still a very late hit and chris henry also got injured

the steelers have been a dirty ass team for multiple decades, it's just karma that a team cost them a shot at a ring because of dirty play. i'm not saying they're the only dirty team, but let's not pretend that the steelers team in general haven't had this coming, especially since one of the dirtiest LBs in the league is still on that squad

but in my honest opinion both teams can go fuck themselves anyway

I'll admit I've haven't listened to too much in football lately, so as far as stating there are dirty members of the Steelers throughout their history (which I know for a fact; no football team can go a season without some members doing questionable things, such as that Bengals game where we had two Steeler coaches blatantly break the rules and I also believe Ramon Foster got fined for an illegal hit, and then there are the skirmishes both teams got into throughout the game, and I won't limit members' of the Steelers' antics to that game either), I won't argue against you on that. Every team has dirty members, sort of similar to what you said that the Steelers aren't the only dirty team (except I won't call 100% of the Steelers dirty, but I won't say any other team is 100% dirty either; I will say the Steelers had and still have dirty players, like every football team out there, nothing more).

I'm sorry if I struck any nerves or looked biased, based on your reaction of "what is this post". I'm aware that the subject of "Steelers" has been talked about a bunch in this thread (and how much they were defended every time by someone) to the point that people are sick of it and have grown annoyed at the Steelers, and that's probably a sign that I shouldn't be here myself, being a Steelers fan and all. That's not to say that I can't talk about other football teams and avoid touching on the Steelers (or actually admit wrongs on the Steelers' side without arguing to defend them), but based on this thread's history, maybe it's best for everyone that I stay out. I don't want to risk angering people.

Edited by DarkGold777

I'll admit I've haven't listened to too much in football lately, so as far as stating there are dirty members of the Steelers throughout their history (which I know for a fact; no football team can go a season without some members doing questionable things, such as that Bengals game where we had two Steeler coaches blatantly break the rules and I also believe Ramon Foster got fined for an illegal hit, and then there are the skirmishes both teams got into throughout the game, and I won't limit members' of the Steelers' antics to that game either), I won't argue against you on that. Every team has dirty members, sort of similar to what you said that the Steelers aren't the only dirty team (except I won't call 100% of the Steelers dirty, but I won't say any other team is 100% dirty either; I will say the Steelers had and still have dirty players, like every football team out there, nothing more).

I'm sorry if I struck any nerves or looked biased, based on your reaction of "what is this post". I'm aware that the subject of "Steelers" has been talked about a bunch in this thread (and how much they were defended every time by someone) to the point that people are sick of it and have grown annoyed at the Steelers, and that's probably a sign that I shouldn't be here myself, being a Steelers fan and all. That's not to say that I can't talk about other football teams and avoid touching on the Steelers (or actually admit wrongs on the Steelers' side without arguing to defend them), but based on this thread's history, maybe it's best for everyone that I stay out. I don't want to risk angering people.

Naw, you can be here. We just want you to be honest about your team which will be a breath of fresh air.

He rammed into Blount's ass because the whistle wasn't blown yet

If the refs called forward progress stopped then that would be a dirty hit. As it stands, they did not, and he basically hit his ass to bring him down.

Dude, watch the play again, I saw him go for the legs. Whistle blown or not, Blount was in no position to defend against that because he had a whole pile of people pushing him from the other side.

Besides, the point was that your team hasn't been immune to dirty players either.

Life/John is right, DarkGold. Although, even if you're honest, I'd be careful because Life/John and Raven can be pretty harsh if you're like me and insist on the wrong thing sometimes without realizing it... I just try to be honest and not too biased about my team myself. It's okay to have a little bias, but a lot gets annoying. I'll admit myself that I should do research more often before spitting out certain things, though...

This is certainly an interesting read. Fuck Peyton Manning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

EDIT: Also, DG, you're definitely welcome here. Supporting your team is not angering other people.

Edited by chococoke

I have serious trouble believing that this story being made up is even plausible. If that happened nowadays there's no way in hell it would've been completely swept under the rug like it evidently has been. Professional athletes still get away with a ridiculous amount of bullshit, but social media has made it so anyone who actually reports a sexual assault WILL have their story heard.

Wow... I never knew that happened. I also just searched "Peyton Manning" on Twitter and saw that the article seems to be the hot topic for the last 7 hours. I'd be shocked if nothing big happens after this news about Peyton's past.

Wow. Just...wow. I had respect for this guy. Now I don't want to have one bit of that for him anymore.

But maybe now people will leave Ben alone when there's ACTUALLY EVIDENCE HERE, unlike Ben's case.

Edited by Anacybele

While there was not enough evidence to charge Ben under the legal definition of rape in the state of Georgia, there wasn't enough evidence to vindicate him either. There's a fair chance he raped somebody and managed to get away with it.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5078977

I imagine it's difficult for you to reconcile the quarterback of your team possibly being a scumbag, but that doesn't make the claims baseless.

That article is saying there was no evidence of penetration or anything of the sort. And it's not telling you that the first girl AND her lawyer admitted to fabricating the story to try to get Ben's money. I read this on another article, though I don't remember which one it was or where it was.

While I'm not saying it's COMPLETELY impossible that Ben did something wrong, you're right about that, he still was never proven to have raped anyone, whereas there DOES seem to be proof for Peyton.

And while there are too many famous people and athletes that get away with BS like this, there are also cases where other famous people and athletes get falsely accused just for their money or something and it ends up permanently harming their images. Those people won't ever have squeaky clean images.

In fact, I find lying about rape is an even worse crime than rape itself, because it harms actual victims by causing people to possibly not believe their stories. The real victims may never get justice because people won't believe them due to others having lied about their own scenarios.

Edited by Anacybele

Evidently Peyton didn't do any "forcible penetrating" either. Does that make what happened any better? Obviously not. You're just going to have to live with the fact that people who dislike Ben will always use that as fodder. Why do you feel the need to keep bringing it up here? It's not like anyone here is calling him a rapist.

Evidently Peyton didn't do any "forcible penetrating" either. Does that make what happened any better? Obviously not. You're just going to have to live with the fact that people who dislike Ben will always use that as fodder. Why do you feel the need to keep bringing it up here? It's not like anyone here is calling him a rapist.

Okay, but there's still evidence that Peyton committed a crime.

And I'm not saying that anyone here is calling Ben a rapist, I'm just tired of people outside this site calling him one and other mean names when he was never charged and no evidence was found. I'm not defending him simply because he's my team's QB, if ever evidence did turn up, I would be just as disappointed in Ben as I am in Peyton. I don't ever want someone like that QBing my favorite team, and if Ben really did rape someone, he shouldn't be QBing this team.

I remember hearing about that in some Book of Manning documentary. I remember they kept on emphasizing the "I was trying to moon some guy" thing but that made no sense because why would his testicles be on her face.

I really would like to point out that this was brought up a lot this past year to emphasize up two points - black athletes in the media and how the media would view Peyton Manning in the age of social media, with respect to Jameis Winston. I'm surprised this was a "leak" and more information was to come out in a few days, because I've heard about this incident quite a bit. Maybe I just see random shit a lot idk, this definitely wasn't news and it was definitely brought up a lot to defend Jameis Winston (in some weird, twisted way).

Having that said, I generally try my best to separate The Athlete from The Person after the whole business with Ray Rice, so I guess I am not too bothered. It's dangerous how much of a pedestal we place these athletes on, I generally don't give much of a damn who donates to what charity, and I like some fun facts but I'm not going to say that they're a high character guy unless I honestly have some personal story to back it up. As for Manning, I've gotten the feeling that this aww shucks vibe from him has been a bit of a fake thing; I was rooting for the athlete (GOAT QB) to get a ring, not the person.

Dude, watch the play again, I saw him go for the legs. Whistle blown or not, Blount was in no position to defend against that because he had a whole pile of people pushing him from the other side.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424251/article/fines-roundup-suggs-docked-8268-for-hit-on-blount

The whistle isn't blown yet. Suggs was ending the play. You can place the blame on the refs here. The flag wasn't even thrown until a few seconds after when people starting fighting, which is what spurned the ref to throw the flag but label it unnecessary roughness. Suggs is generally not a dirty player.

Edited by Lord Raven

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424251/article/fines-roundup-suggs-docked-8268-for-hit-on-blount

The whistle isn't blown yet. Suggs was ending the play. You can place the blame on the refs here. The flag wasn't even thrown until a few seconds after when people starting fighting, which is what spurned the ref to throw the flag but label it unnecessary roughness. Suggs is generally not a dirty player.

I'd consider that dirty. Helmet to the thigh hurts a lot yo. Even with pads on you can feel it and it leaves bruising.

That's dirty for me at least. The argument that he's ending the play is definitely still there though. Flipside he's a runningback so he's bound to get hit like that.

I guess the fact that I wasn't a huge Pey-Pey fan before hearing about this factors into my reaction. That being said, the lengths the Manning clan went through to drag an innocent victim's credibility through the mud are astounding and pretty despicable.

Plus, fuck that guy for kissing Papa John. He's a shameless sell out, which might not affect his QBing abilities, but make him very difficult to like for me. I respect what he's done as a player, definitely. Certainly would have preferred he not go out on top. In my opinion, Belichick gave Manning this SB when he decided to do a rubgy drop kick after taking a 14-0 lead on the Eagles.