2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

I believe Jedi is happy about the Kimo thing.

No dirtier than players like James Harrison could be at times. Nothing about him screams thug either, he's just stupidly aggressive.

Besides, he got concussed after ramming his head into Flacco's dick, so it's okay.

A thug would be Pacman Jones in the day but he really cleaned up his act.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dirtier than players like James Harrison could be at times. Nothing about him screams thug either, he's just stupidly aggressive.

Besides, he got concussed after ramming his head into Flacco's dick, so it's okay.

Yeah, but the difference is that James Harrison never purposely tried to hurt players, even though he DID hit hard (I remember all the fines, yes. I even thought he was dumb for that one hit on Colt McCoy when the latter was still QBing the Browns). Vontaze Burfict looks like he does try, at least according to multiple Panthers players.

It goes two ways. Remember Kimo von Oelhoffen? Bengal fans are still miffed about that.

Actually, no, I don't... Then again, I don't remember every single game the Steelers or Bengals have played.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, no, I don't... Then again, I don't remember every single game the Steelers or Bengals have played.

I think you'd remember this one. Your Steelers almost ended Carson Palmer's career in the 2006 Wild Card game. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl and the Bengals remained the team that was destined for greatness but fate had to snatch it away at the last second.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals played dirty on purpose against the Steelers in every game since.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

James Harrison is definitely dirtier than Burfict. All Burfict wanted to do last season was test the ankle flexion of a few high profile NFL players. What's so wrong with that?

Meanwhile, Harrison took away his own sons' trophies and posted a rant about it on Instagram. That's some low brow shit right there

I think you'd remember this one. Your Steelers almost ended Carson Palmer's career in the 2006 Wild Card game. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl and the Bengals remained the team that was destined for greatness but fate had to snatch it away at the last second.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals played dirty on purpose against the Steelers in every game since.

I never watched football much back then, so no, I'm now not surprised that I don't remember it.

James Harrison is definitely dirtier than Burfict. All Burfict wanted to do last season was test the ankle flexion of a few high profile NFL players. What's so wrong with that?

Meanwhile, Harrison took away his own sons' trophies and posted a rant about it on Instagram. That's some low brow shit right there

Exactly, Burfict was trying to twist their ankles, aka injure them. You just proved my point.

And did I ever say Harrison was a perfect saint? No. I do think he's a little overboard and unnecessary sometimes. He just got a penalty for that vs the Bengals! But I don't believe he ever tried to hurt players on purpose.

I never watched football much back then, so no, I'm now not surprised that I don't remember it.

Point still stands. I think that Bengals fans are only going to feel equal if they take out Roethlisberger in any capacity.

On the Harrison topic, I can kinda agree with the mentality and don't mind that he shared his view point on the topic, but I think he handled it badly by just straight up taking away the trophies.

The dad from that car commercial handled that a lot better.

Point still stands. I think that Bengals fans are only going to feel equal if they take out Roethlisberger in any capacity.

The Rams doing that for them wasn't enough?

The Steelers are going through nearly as much trouble as the Ravens are right now. They and their fans don't need anymore crap... I mean come on, we had problems even before the SEASON officially STARTED. We saw Bell's suspension coming, but not Bryant's (there's speculation that the coaches did, but that's just it, it's speculation). Suisham tore his ACL in the first preseason game. Our next kicker hurt his hamstring. Then Scobee sucked. Then it seemed like every time something went right for a change, it blew up again. Ben has a huge game vs the Niners. Then he's hurt. Vick got an amazing victory for us alongside Bell against the Chargers. Then he started utterly failing. Bryant returned and ripped up the Cardinals' secondary. We then lost Kelvin Beachum for the season. Then Ben comes back and looks like he's got the offense back to being how it was last year. Then he shits himself and Bell is knocked out for the season now.

In fact, I think I kind of envy Ravens fans now. At least they had a losing/bad record to begin with. They didn't have a potentially great season destroyed. :( Now I know how Cardinals fans felt last year.

Edited by Anacybele

In fact, I think I kind of envy Ravens fans now. At least they had a losing/bad record to begin with. They didn't have a potentially great season destroyed. :( Now I know how Cardinals fans felt last year.

Wow fuck you, because we were supposed to be great this season.

You don't even want to be in our spot. 2-6 and very far from the wild card, we have our best two WRs on IR, our Swiss Army Knife Future Hall of Fame and Still Kicking Ass OLB on IR, a promising DB on IR, our first round pick hasn't played a single down preseason or during the season, and we lost multiple dudes in the offseason that could've helped salvage this nightmare on their own. Our LT is constantly out, Webb is playing like an undrafted rookie and not an 8m/year corner, Jimmy Smith is still healing from his lisfranc injury, our starting WRs are now Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown, and our DC is too afraid of receivers torching our corners to have them play any press or any of that shit which leads to all of our DBs playing behind the first down line. Let's add to the fact that currently our Center is slated to be injured, our RT has regressed heavily as well as CJ Mosley's coverage abilities.

Lorenzo Taliaferro is also on IR, and we have no cap space this year either. We were actually primed to end up with what looked like an ok run, like a Divisional Playoff exit at worst, and Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles. This is by all accounts an extremely disappointing season from my perspective and you have absolutely no idea what you're saying when you say you "envy" us or whatever. Don't pretend like the Steelers just got the short end of the stick and make people pity them because nobody cares about a team that's had a decade of great runs followed by some off years because they can't seem to stay healthy.

Let's not forget how we're on our fourth OC in four years. We lost actually our best OC in team history who has led us to shatter our old offensive records.

Our team probably wasn't even this thin coming out of preseason, but players are consistently performing below their level last year. And you have no fucking idea what it's like to have late leads in most of our games that get squashed almost as instantly as we get them. It's actually the most frustrating thing in the world. We don't even have that incredibly ace receiver to make massive comebacks, and when we do that lack of receiving depth outside of a handful of possession guys-at-best bites us in the ass. Our biggest loss this season was by 8 points. We haven't forced a turnover in 5 games which is an NFL record and it sure as hell doesn't look like we'll force one in Week 10 against Jacksonville. And what's frustrating about this is that unlike all the other teams who tie us for this record, our point differential is only -10 in these games and theirs didn't get any lower than -51. You are honestly fucking kidding me. Literally we have a -24 point differential as a 2-6 team. Our Pythagorean win/loss expectation is something like 3.5/4.5 and not 2-6.

I'm pretty sure all you have are first world problems with your team. Not that the Steelers were any good to begin with, but man all this leaves you with is like Deangelo Williams, Antonio Brown, and Martavis Bryant lol? Cause losing Steve Smith means we're left with Justin Forsett, Kamar Aiken, and like Marlon Brown or some shit. You really can't be serious. Ben's had plenty of seasons where he's playing like ass, anyway, especially after an injury, so I think you can get over another season like that. World isn't falling over Steeler nation dog, and it's time you stopped being condescending towards teams that aren't doing well, especially since two of the most injured teams have representatives in this thread (Ravens and Chargers).

Exactly, Burfict was trying to twist their ankles, aka injure them. You just proved my point.

And did I ever say Harrison was a perfect saint? No. I do think he's a little overboard and unnecessary sometimes. He just got a penalty for that vs the Bengals! But I don't believe he ever tried to hurt players on purpose.

First off: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Second off, I doubt players intentionally injure other players but there are some that are way too intense. Steve Smith used to do the same shit in Carolina all the time, but nobody makes as big a deal about him because Steve Smith being overboard and aggressive doesn't lead to injuries as much as Burfict due to the nature of his position.

You're also rooting for a team where Hines Ward was notorious for headhunting DBs. Hines Ward has done stuff basically on par with Burfict except Ward's most likely caused concussions.

I mean, you don't have to have said that they're perfect saints at all. You're just calling this dude a thug cause he's not on your team and he injured dudes, but you fail to recognize that many players on the team you root for have done similar shit but they weren't Vontaze Burfict.

honestly i sort of agree with harrison on this

I agree with him with him to an extent as well. But why not just talk to your sons about how you feel instead of taking away the trophies? Seems like an unnecessarily dick move to pull on your kids. Then he went and gloated on social media about it which is a classic dirtbag move always

Edited by chococoke

Newton and Luck are combined 6/22 for 55 yards and two interceptions.

Man, now that's just sad. I mean, Newton, I've seen this from before, but Luck? Can't explain that one. He was pretty good last year. Can't imagine what's going on with him. He did have rib injuries, maybe that's somehow affecting him.

Man, now that's just sad. I mean, Newton, I've seen this from before, but Luck? Can't explain that one. He was pretty good last year. Can't imagine what's going on with him. He did have rib injuries, maybe that's somehow affecting him.

Luck 5/16 40 yards 2 INTs...they might want to consider switching to Hasselbeck even though he's old. He just looks terrible- I almost feel bad for them, but the idea of a 7-9(or worse?) Jaguars team making the playoffs amuses me- and hell we'd be back in which would be an accomplishment by itself.

Well ok, now they're making it interesting...overtime that's just crazy.

Edited by -Cynthia-

It's pretty pleasing to see the Colts struggle as hard as they are. A lot of that has to do with Luck, who was awful in the 2 quarters I watched last night. The AFC South is the new NFC South apparently. I'm hoping the Jags win that shit division

I'm pretty sure all you have are first world problems with your team. Not that the Steelers were any good to begin with, but man all this leaves you with is like Deangelo Williams, Antonio Brown, and Martavis Bryant lol? Cause losing Steve Smith means we're left with Justin Forsett, Kamar Aiken, and like Marlon Brown or some shit. You really can't be serious. Ben's had plenty of seasons where he's playing like ass, anyway, especially after an injury, so I think you can get over another season like that. World isn't falling over Steeler nation dog, and it's time you stopped being condescending towards teams that aren't doing well, especially since two of the most injured teams have representatives in this thread (Ravens and Chargers).

You forgot me. Against the Bengals, we had Shady/KarWilliams/Percy/Tyrod out and Sammy left with his 2nd injury of the season.

That's EJ in the backfield with Boom Herron, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan and Charles Clay as our receiving threats. I deserve some sympathy too.

Browns at Bengals- Bengals often struggle against the Browns, but at home with such a difference in talent...makes the Browns hard to pick especially with Manziel.

Raiders at Steelers- Yeah the Raiders are hot and the Steelers are not, but I like both teams to regress to the mean here. I also don't like the Raiders on the East Coast at 1 pm.

Packers at Panthers- Is it just me or are the top two seeds in the NFC a little...underwhelming? Packers offense seems to struggle more on the road and this is a consecutive road game for them.

Redskins at Patriots- Patriots at home yadda yadda.

Titans at Saints- Titans have averaged less than 14 points a game since week 1...the Saints give up a lot of points but Brees also looks back in form.

Jaguars at Jets- Yup, crazy upset pick. I don't know who's starting QB for the Jets(possibly a rookie?), Jags are coming off a bye and the Jets D has looked exposed these past two weeks. I'll probably switch if Fitzpatrick is starting though.

Rams at Vikings- Two similar teams, relying on their defense and running backs. Going with the home team with the better QB.

Dolphins at Bills- Well the Bills crushed the Dolphins the last time they played, they're coming off a bye, they're at home, and should be getting Tyrod Taylor back. That's enough reasons to pick them here probably.

Falcons at Niners- The Niners have scored 7 points or fewer in 4 games this year and have just benched their starting QB for Blaine Gabbert. That's a hard team to pick.

Giants at Bucs- One day I will pick the Bucs because they're not actually that bad- but for this game I think Manning can have a huge day.

Broncos at Colts- After what they did to Aaron Rodgers, what will the Broncos D do to Andrew Luck? Bad things.

Eagles at Cowboys- Eagles are coming off a bye and their defense is actually playing pretty well even if their offense is unimpressive. Cowboys O without Romo is just bad.

Bears at Chargers- Injuries are decimating the Chargers along both lines and Cutler actually looks pretty good. This is pretty much me giving up all confidence in San Diego.

Yeah, as much as Ben's horrible performance on Sunday makes me want to pick the Raiders over the Steelers, he's never like that for long. I can't believe some Steelers fans are saying he's past his prime and shit. He's AT his prime! He had a great season last year (he tied for first in yards with Drew Brees and set NFL records with those 12 TDs in back to back games and creating a second 500+ yard game), and sure, he's played well while hurt in the past, but he wasn't playing with an injured knee. The injuries he had in the past were ankle problems and a broken nose. A sprained ankle is easier to come back from than an MCL sprain and bone bruise, I'd think.

I still didn't think Ben would play THAT bad, but he's not going to keep playing like that. I just hope DeAngelo Williams can hold the run game fort for Bell. If he gets hurt, then our run game is shot completely. Dri Archer is more of a return guy (he's getting better at it. He made it to the 35, almost 40 yard line once or twice), Josh Harris I think got cut or something, and I don't know who else there is for RBs other than the new guy that was just signed, Isaiah Pead. And Michael Vick has shown us how much time it takes for a guy just signed to learn a new team.

Although, the team needs to stop falling apart whenever Bell is injured... Seriously, as soon as he got hurt last year, it all went down the drain. It happened again on Sunday, with Ben literally throwing away the game (those interceptions) all by himself this time. He forced the offense to leave quickly, making more work for the defense and letting them get tired...

Edited by Anacybele