2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you feel about our chances against the bye week

i feel like it'll be a one score game but our secondary might get too relaxed and let them win

At least you won't have 15+ flags called against you with 10 of them including a crucial 4th quarter PI being questionable at best.

In case you're wondering, the bye week is walking into Baltimore being 1-0 against the Bills.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that the Broncos are on the Steelers' schedule. That defense is scary. If they could give Aaron Rodgers a real hard time, I don't see even a full-strength Steelers offense doing a lot against them, let alone one that won't have Bell. The good part though? The bye is first, though we have the Seahawks right after before facing the Broncos. At first though, I was really glad of this, thinking that the Seahawks were the most dangerous team on the schedule.

Of course, now I'm not so sure. ._.

Edited by Anacybele

At least you won't have 15+ flags called against you with 10 of them including a crucial 4th quarter PI being questionable at best.

In case you're wondering, the bye week is walking into Baltimore being 1-0 against the Bills.

That happens to us too. Damn, we gotta get better with these officials too.

how do you feel about our chances against the bye week

i feel like it'll be a one score game but our secondary might get too relaxed and let them win

I guess for the bye week, the Ravens hope that pretty much AFC team manages to lose which will be difficult since some play each other.

Whoa, the Lions are like firing everyone all of a sudden. Their OC, GM, and president are gone. That's more firing than the Dolphins did, I think. o.o

Anyway, making my picks now since I actually kinda forgot to sooner.

Browns vs Bengals: As much as I would LOVE for the Bengals to lose after what they did to Le'Veon Bell for the second year in a row, I don't see the Browns making that wish come true, even though I like Manziel more than Josh McCown (he got wins when McCown couldn't. McCown had ONE big game, and that was against a bad team).

Dolphins vs Bills: Tough choice. I would say the Dolphins since they looked hot not too long ago, but then they collapsed, though that was vs the Patriots. The Bills aren't that great either though, so I think it'll be close. Going with the Dolphins. It's more or less a wild guess than anything though, sadly.

Packers vs Panthers: Ooh, usually, I'd think that the Packers would be the team to finally knock the Panthers off their undefeated perch. But Aaron Rodgers has surprisingly been struggling lately. It's anyone's game, I think. Buuut, I like the Panthers at home a bit more, of course. :P

Rams vs Vikings: Rams are just better, nuff said. Not even Peterson should be able to do much against that defense. Le'Veon Bell had a hard time against them.

Redskins vs Patriots: What Cynthia said, Pats at home.

Titans vs Saints: Saints are just hotter right now and they're at home.

Jaguars vs Jets: I prefer the Jags here, but they aren't nearly good enough to take on that Jets D. And the Jets are at home.

Raiders vs Steelers: Ben looked awful last Sunday, but he never looks bad for very long at all. I see him bouncing back, especially since his knee will be even better than it was before and despite the lack of Bell, DeAngelo Williams is a solid backup. AB and Bryant still exist too, and our defense looked sharp vs the Bengals (dat blocked FG!). Steelers are at home too.

Falcons vs Niners: As always, the Niners still suck. lol

Giants vs Buccaneers: I think the Giants are better lately.

Broncos vs Colts: Neither of these teams has a good QB lately, but the Broncos boast a defense and not even Pey-Pey is as bad as Andrew Luck is right now.

Eagles vs Cowboys: I think the Eagles are a little better.

Bears vs Chargers: The Bears aren't great. lol

And now, the next edition of 3-things-to-know! This week it's the Raiders. :)

Three Things to Know vs the Raiders

1. Watch out for Amari Cooper. He may be a rookie, but he's looking like this season's ORotY. Given how well Antwon Blake, Ross Cockrell, and Mike Mitchell limited AJ Green on Sunday, I know they can do it!

2. Derek Carr is nothing to sneeze at either, despite being only a second-year player. He's building nice sync with Cooper. Treat him like he's Tom Brady.

3. The Raiders' D isn't all that bad either. Ben needs to look like himself again if they're going to rip them up.

EDIT: Hoooly crap, guess who belongs to the Steelers now, Lord Raven? Jacoby Jones. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

Reports seem to indicate that Fitzpatrick should be good to go and if not Geno Smith can probably do it so I'm switching to the Jets. At least I won't be alone cheering for the Jags this week.

Jacoby Jones better be ready to dodge Mike Tomlin if necessary :p

he'll also disappoint you if he's on your team

anyone who is a steelers fan should not get their hopes up for Jacoby Jones because he hasn't been great since 2012

Well, the Browns got destroyed. That is the logical outcome of a matchup between these two teams (especially this year), but it's still a bit more disappointing than a usual Browns loss because the Bengals are generally one of the few teams we can perform consistently well against regardless of how our year and their year have been going.

Dude, he's going to be a special teams guy, not take a lot of snaps. :P He's replaced Dri Archer, who was our return guy not named Antonio Brown.

yes... prepare for disappointment

Again, he's only notched one return TD in the last 2 years, and against San Diego I noticed he had a nasty habit of backpedaling. He also doesn't know what a fair catch is or taking a knee is anymore and he's not nearly fast enough to do anything anymore.

Edited by Lord Raven

What. Honestly, you can't expect even the best punt returner to get a TD every time he catches a punt. That's just crazy. lol And AB has only gotten one return TD in the last two years too and he's seen as a great return guy. Don't see your point. xP

As long as Jones can get some nice yardage on returns a lot, he should satisfy us. He doesn't need to return them for TDs all the time. Although, this team is getting too many dudes with the name Jones now. It's like the Ravens and all their Smiths. lol Landry Jones, Jarvis Jones, now Jacoby Jones. :P

Edited by Anacybele

As long as Jones can get some nice yardage on returns a lot, he should satisfy us.

... that's my point, he won't

and that's assuming he doesn't shank the ball at inopportune times, that happens at least twice a year

The man has a point. Jacoby was absolutely horrible in San Diego. I think he averaged negative yards on punt returns he managed to return this season. Like you said, we shall just see.

I guess I appreciate what he did by burning Rahim Moore and preventing Peyton from potentially winning a 2nd ring. I've come to terms with the fact that Flacco is allowed to win one Super Bowl in his career

Yeah, well, Darrius Heyward-Bey wasn't that great before the Steelers picked him up. And even last year, he had butterfingers when trying to catch a ball or hold onto it. But now he's almost Martavis Bryant 2.0. And after LeGarrette Blount got kicked off the Steelers, he made way nicer numbers when he returned to the Patriots.

It depends on not just the player's skill set, but also if the coaches can use them right and if they fit into the team's systems. I agree with folks saying that if Dri Archer were to get picked up by the Pats, he'd start looking great. >.>

Pagano's defense is going to play like fire on Monday.

I don't doubt he'll make a much needed adjustment that makes our defense play like how it did against the Patriots.

If he doesn't make his usual Week 8 elite defense switch to save his ass, he gonna get fired. But I doubt it since he's our only competent coach/coordinator.

Also Jacoby was alright with us, a lot of the reason Jacoby appears to have done terrible for us was because our special teams is shit.

He showed a couple flashes but when he flashed it got taken away by penalties. I remember like 2 returns by him that went past the 35 and could've gotten farther with it.

Flashing is probably an exaggeration because we had such an anemic return game for the last 5 years. Having an actual "threat" back there probably influences my thoughts.

The reason Chargers fans say he was dreadful was because we're spoiled by how Darren Sproles played for us and everyone expected the FA pick to include the 2012 Superbowl Jacoby Jones. But I can't deny he has lost a step. If he were a step faster he could've got a lot of returns that would give us great field position though he should've called a fair-catch for most of them. Since there really wasn't a lane for him to run in a majority of his returns.

A prime example of him losing a step was I believe it was against the Browns or Raiders where he had open space to run. So he tried to take it to the house, but only got a 16 yard return. If only he were as fast as before, he would've sped past the dude who tackled him then could've gotten a 40 yard return while only being 1 on 1 with a linebacker or the kicker.

I think the real kicker is how he let a punt bounce and everyone blamed him for it because it gave bad field position, but if he ran to catch that punt... he's gonna get shanked by the gunner because of the gunners momentum. Then we'll just yearn on how we're getting murdered by injuries than common fucking sense.

But I don't think he'll be playing to Ana's expectations, he definitely still has the speed to be a competent return man but it's nothing like before.

Edited by ~Summer~