2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, top 10 QBs going into the 2015 season lists have shown up on NFL.com! I like Elliot Harrison's the best. But what pleases me the most is that Ben got really high rankings on all of them! Either #2 or #3! Way to go Big Ben. :D Although, how it took throwing two 500 yd games and doing back-to-back 6 TD games to finally get all this recognition is baffling. He was a great QB even before that. Maybe not top 3, exactly, but still.

I have to disagree on a couple things on them though. Like Alex Smith being better than Eli Manning or Joe Flacco. Or Cam Newton even being top 10 right now. Sure, he's getting a somewhat better receiving squad, but if his accuracy issues don't get much better than they are...yeah. He's still one of my favs anyway though. :P

Edited by Anacybele

So, top 10 QBs going into the 2015 season lists have shown up on NFL.com! I like Elliot Harrison's the best. But what pleases me the most is that Ben got really high rankings on all of them! Either #2 or #3! Way to go Big Ben. :D Although, how it took throwing two 500 yd games and doing back-to-back 6 TD games to finally get all this recognition is baffling. He was a great QB even before that. Maybe not top 3, exactly, but still.

I have to disagree on a couple things on them though. Like Alex Smith being better than Eli Manning or Joe Flacco. Or Cam Newton even being top 10 right now. Sure, he's getting a somewhat better receiving squad, but if his accuracy issues don't get much better than they are...yeah. He's still one of my favs anyway though. :P

Not that Big Ben's production last season was unimpressive, but a rise in rankings may also be due to other top QBs (Peyton Manning, Drew Brees) having somewhat lackluster seasons.

Yeah I thought Harrison's list made the most sense too, but I would probably put Flacco or Matt Ryan in the top 10 instead of Alex Smith. Alex Smith is a solid dude that doesn't throw interceptions (unlike Eli who threw 27 in 2013), but it's hard to call him a great quarterback when the Chiefs never threw downfield last year anyway.

Brady was drafted in 2000, Brees was drafted in 2001.

There's actually a two year gap between them, not one. I forgot that Brady was a five year senior.

Edited by Lord Raven

No, never heard of it. Also, can you blame me if a common reason for having to spend an extra year in grade school/college is failing the previous one?

No, never heard of it. Also, can you blame me if a common reason for having to spend an extra year in grade school/college is failing the previous one?

If you fail college, you get kicked out.

I can't believe I had to type that sentence in a serious manner.

Moving back to talking to normal people about intelligent things, I'm not happy about the PAT change. 33 yard PAT instead of a 20 yard? I get that you want to see more 2 point conversions... BUT THEY ARE COMPLETELY SITUATIONAL. For fucks sake, NFL.

I have plenty of friends who have had to spend 5 years in college. They're called engineers. No matter how you slice it, doing 150 credits in 4 years is hard as hell.

On top of the fact that people redshirt. Flacco, for instance, spent 2 years at UPitt, didn't start, transferred, then I believe he sat out a year and spent another two yeras starting. Brady's situation was actually very very complicated in college, so he spent 5 years with like 3 years on and off the bench.

I think there are a ton of quarterbacks that spend 5 years in college. Players like Stafford and Rodgers who get out early are rare (and neither were particularly equipped to start in their first few years), and Luck spending the full four years is the norm. I think another player that you may recognize who spent 5 years is Russell Wilson, because he spent his fifth year at Wisconsin getting his Master's.

Edited by Lord Raven

In general, spending 5 years in college isn't the same thing as spending 5 years to complete high school because programs vary a lot and people may take longer to complete for personal reasons, not necessarily failing courses.

Not sure how I feel about the PAT change since kickers should make 33 yarders regularly anyway.

In general, spending 5 years in college isn't the same thing as spending 5 years to complete high school because programs vary a lot and people may take longer to complete for personal reasons, not necessarily failing courses.

Not sure how I feel about the PAT change since kickers should make 33 yarders regularly anyway.

It definitely kills Fake FG direct snaps to RB. It might also encourage people to use Quarterbacks to hold the football.

Well, sorry for not knowing about that college stuff, okay? No need to treat it like it's a crime (mainly directed at Ogie).

I'm pretty neutral on the PAT change myself. It's an okay change, doesn't harm anything too much.

Edited by Anacybele

Well it's pretty bad to be ignorant of how basic stuff works, considering your attitude towards the idea was definitely not something one would call accepting...

It definitely kills Fake FG direct snaps to RB. It might also encourage people to use Quarterbacks to hold the football.

How? It's a 15 yard "touchdown" basically. Edited by Lord Raven

How? It's a 15 yard "touchdown" basically.

Expecting a field goal they're likely going to rush to block the kicker's kick. Since everyone is pretty much piled up in the middle with corners being on the outside to block the kick. It would be very hard to run it, up the middle, and unless you're Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson or Demarco Murray. I doubt most running backs can get past without needing to truck a person or two unless their special teams is really slow.

I think passing is more viable from this range, if it was a 10 or 5 yard kick, it would be different, but 15 yards is enough to notice the Direct Snap to RB and tackle the RB even if he goes to the outside imo.

But we have to see it in practice it's only a theory.

Yeah, I failed college myself, and I honestly didn't know I was kicked out. I chose to leave, so I thought that's all I was doing.

Anyway, back on topic. ESPN voted Steelers as no. 1 on the best uniform list. :D Our guys in Pittsburgh DO have some pretty damn cool outfits too! I always loved that black and gold color scheme and the bumble bee suits are funny. lol

I really like the uniforms for the Seahawks, Bengals, and Panthers too though!

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers uniforms are terrible. Basic black and yellow. And then there's this atrocity.

ap-steelers-redskins-football-4_3.jpg

Accentuated by Big Ben's ugly mug of course.

Expecting a field goal they're likely going to rush to block the kicker's kick. Since everyone is pretty much piled up in the middle with corners being on the outside to block the kick. It would be very hard to run it, up the middle, and unless you're Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson or Demarco Murray. I doubt most running backs can get past without needing to truck a person or two unless their special teams is really slow.

I think passing is more viable from this range, if it was a 10 or 5 yard kick, it would be different, but 15 yards is enough to notice the Direct Snap to RB and tackle the RB even if he goes to the outside imo.

But we have to see it in practice it's only a theory.

Not much different from a field goal blocking formation, but I guess there is more space for a quick screen (well it's not much of a screen since I'm not imagining much blocking). It's not like FG block formations don't have a contingency plan in case of a fake.

Edited by Lord Raven

Black and GOLD. Not black and yellow. Yellow is more what the Chargers have. The Steelers' gold isn't as gold as the Rams' gold though, I'll admit that. But it's still more of a golden yellow, so people say black and gold.

Also, Lord Raven, I don't appreciate you being so rude about my team. Hate it all you want, but saying things like you are (most specifically "Ben's ugly mug") is just hurtful to me. Nobody likes it when I say stuff like that about things I hate, so I don't want others to do it either.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but sadly, I won't really stop that because thats kinda how a rivalry works. Besides, Ben isn't exactly good looking, so I just exaggerating that trait tremendously.

It's called trash talk, and I'm surprised that stupid ass loss to the Chargers didn't cause Scarlet to pull it out on me.

A rivalry can be FRIENDLY too, you know. It doesn't have to be hostile. I'm not calling Joe Flacco "Joe Flunko" or "Joe Faggo" as some Ravens haters do. I don't HATE the Ravens like that, I "hate" them because rivalry. But I still think they're a good team and stuff and that Joe Flacco doesn't deserve those insulting names.

But I do agree, Ben's not really attractive. But I don't think he's ugly either. I've definitely seen actual ugly.

Edited by Anacybele