No Lord class?

Kamui-of-Nohr

Kamui's class is Dark Prince(ss) right? Anybody else wonder why Kamui doesn't have the Lord class, just his own class? There must be some reasons why the developers opt to give the Avatar her own personal class.

Because Marx and Ryouma need their own classes of Knight Lord and Blade Lord

Honestly, I don't know, but it wouldn't be the first FE without a "lord" class.RD

I'm aware that RD doesn't have a Lord class, neither does Gaiden.

Get hype for Dark Prince(ss) -> Dark Lord promotion!

I mean it's not like the Lord class carries over all between games anyways; it's basically just a unique personal class with the same name as previous classes...

Get hype for Dark Prince(ss) -> Dark Lord promotion!

I mean it's not like the Lord class carries over all between games anyways; it's basically just a unique personal class with the same name as previous classes...

Isn't a lord a lower rank than a prince/ss? IIRC, Leif in FE5 even promotes from Lord to Prince.

I can actually expect them to use "Dark lord" in the localization in case "Dark prince/princess" sounds too Engrishy for their tastes.

I see no problem with the name but yeah, NoA will probably change names "just because."

I think Dark Lord has some overly insidious connotations for a character who is fighting for justice, be in internal reform or defending a country against invasion.

Sauron was misunderstood!

I think Dark Lord has some overly insidious connotations for a character who is fighting for justice, be in internal reform or defending a country against invasion.

Sauron was misunderstood!

Actually thinking on it I could easily see Dark Lord as Garon's class. He has the intimidating presence, and vague malice to pull it off.

Perhaps IS will make Kamui's promoted have more to do with their supernatural abilities rather than anything else maybe something like Dark Prince(ss) -> Qirin Lord (dumb name, I know, but it's the best I could come up with on short notice). Or if IS wanted to they could make it so that Kamui ends up promoting to the same class as Garon as a twist.

Whatever happens with Kamui's class though, I really hope it doesn't get renamed Lord.

I'll admit, I actually forget which characters have "Lord" in their official class title and which don't. I tend to refer to any PC who isn't allowed to die under any circumstances as a lord (though ones who aren't forced, like Robin, are borderline). So I read this topic title and immediately thought "But clearly Kamui will be the lord..."

My question is, will Kamui be a Dark Prince(ss) if s/he joins Hoshido?

I'm assuming the choice happens before Kamui has a chance to promote, so probably. It's probably because they're a prince(ss) of the Dark Night Kingdom

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Perhaps IS will make Kamui's promoted have more to do with their supernatural abilities rather than anything else maybe something like Dark Prince(ss) -> Qirin Lord (dumb name, I know, but it's the best I could come up with on short notice). Or if IS wanted to they could make it so that Kamui ends up promoting to the same class as Garon as a twist.

Could have a branching class promotion, with one for Hoshido, and one for Nohr (But not restricted to which path you chose)

Actually thinking on it I could easily see Dark Lord as Garon's class. He has the intimidating presence, and vague malice to pull it off.

Whatever happens with Kamui's class though, I really hope it doesn't get renamed Lord.

If Kamui starts on the "evil" team, maybe his promotion will reflect a moral change of character. Granted, he'd have the same class whether he was with Hoshido or Nohr but in the early Nohr campaign you might be involved in some dickery vs Hoshido before you turn your attention to more noble goals.

If Kamui starts on the "evil" team, maybe his promotion will reflect a moral change of character. Granted, he'd have the same class whether he was with Hoshido or Nohr but in the early Nohr campaign you might be involved in some dickery vs Hoshido before you turn your attention to more noble goals.

Return of the GBA promotion items in which Kamui gets different plot items depending on the route they choose perhaps? Edited by Asoleos

Could have a branching class promotion, with one for Hoshido, and one for Nohr (But not restricted to which path you chose)

Yeah I could see that working. If Is wants to keep the whole black/white thing I could see the promotion line go something like this: Gray Lord

/ \

Black Lord White Lord

I could also see that working. Come to think of it when advertising the Nohr path they did show some scenes with archer boy attacking you, and Ryoma looking defeated. It would seem probable that the first couple of chapters of Nohr would have you conquering Hoshido. Hmm...possibilities...

Yeah I could see that working. If Is wants to keep the whole black/white thing I could see the promotion line go something like this: Gray Lord

/ \

Black Lord White Lord

How would that work in japan though since kaimui is a dark prince there. Edited by goodperson707

How would that work in japan though since kaimui is a dark prince there.

Woah, dude, what happened to your quote?

That aside, I guess I didn't really think that one through. My thought process with that was that the first class was neutral and goes in two different paths. I guess it could still work if you think of "dark" as referring to Nohrian uprising, and "prince" as referring to the fact that Kamui is a Hoshidan prince. Of course the two promotes would have to be renamed to something different, but at the moment I can only come up with: Darker Prince, and Prince Prince.

I don't know why, but the more I think about a branching lord-esque class tree, the less I think it'll happen.