One thing that I don't understand about choosing sides...

Kamui-of-Nohr

Well, we don't know if Ryoma will attack you in instant you choose Nohr

And we don't know that Marx won't attack you in instant you choose Hoshido.

Maybe after that *Traitor....* Marx will start duel with you, or it will be at the end of chapter.

Also, it hillarious that people want Hoshido to be *bad guys*

*For peace loving country they have big army!* Maybe it's because they want peace they need to protect themselves. Or otherwise you just asking for invasion and to be brutally killed.

Edited by Random Person

Also, it hillarious that people want Hoshido to be *bad guys*

*For peace loving country they have big army!* Maybe it's because they want peace they need to protect themselves. Or otherwise you just asking for invasion and to be brutally killed.

What post people want is some moral ambiguity to give Hoshido more depth.

What post people want is some moral ambiguity to give Hoshido more depth.

I doubt there will be moral ambiguity, but we'll know for sure later.

I think, it's just *protect your home and family* for Hoshido and *fight for your friends to change your current home* for Nohr.

off topic, love you signature. But it would be better to replace *cry a lot* with *sigh a lot* :D

I doubt there will be moral ambiguity, but we'll know for sure later.

I think, it's just *protect your home and family* for Hoshido and *fight for your friends to change your current home* for Nohr.

Well, yeah, and that's kinda boring, and why people want the moral ambiguity.

I think, and hope, it will be a little more complicated than that. If Kamui has vague memories of his/her childhood in Hoshido and/or spends time with them before the decision is made, it's realistic there would be a sense of attachment to both sides.

Some vague memories from a distant past, from a distant country, doesn't justify betraying the people you knew all of your life, like big-boob-onee-chan or cool-blond-big-bro.

Then again, I don't see how it would be possible to make Hoshido appealing in only 6 chapters, as in at all.

Without the messiah-bullcrap theme like Emmeryn, or couse. Like 'ogm they're SO purrrfect.and they sparkle and stuff'.

Well, yeah, and that's kinda boring, and why people want the moral ambiguity.

Like, you know, something an average plot would have. :p

Posted · Hidden by Florete, April 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, April 28, 2015 - No reason given

Well, it's only being a good soldier. Can't let personal things get to you in the heat of combat. I imagine they'd feel inner-turmoil later.

Both factions don't have to be ''morally ambigous'', as they call it.

The Warcraft 3 Undead Scourge might not have been ''morally ambigous'', but you can see how there would be characters who willingly join it and/or serve Ner'zhul. Arthas was put in a position to be the conqueror he was born to be, staying on as a willing servant of Ner'zhul after his highness is weakened. Kel'Thuzad was an Archmage who left the Kirin Tor and sought the Lich King, seeking to study necromancy. The Cult of the Damned and assorted Death Knights were disgruntled. And so on.

Edited by Mayus

Some vague memories from a distant past, from a distant country, doesn't justify betraying the people you knew all of your life, like big-boob-onee-chan or cool-blond-big-bro.

Then again, I don't see how it would be possible to make Hoshido appealing in only 6 chapters, as in at all.

Agreed, this will be difficult. At least making it likely that Kamui would betray Nohr, since the player himself normally isn't biased at the beginning. That's a problem actually. If they pull it off, there will be a new issue: Kamui now has to make a real choice, but as a result the player's opinion should be heavily in favor of Hoshido. So that won't work either way...

At least the Hoshido seem incredibly trusting of Kamui for someone that, for all intents and purposes, is their enemy. He doesn't seem restrained in any way when he meets their probably-leader lady. I mean, writing true, believable good guys is very difficult as well honestly, so if they manage to do that, it could work out as well. Maybe.

Edited by Cysx

In regards to the bonds of growing up with Nohr versus just meeting Hoshido family it would depend on when Kamui came to Nohr. If he was taken/abducted when he was 3 or so it would be different if he was eight or ten. If Kamui was older he would retain memories of Hoshido and his family there so that would change circumstances. They would then gain a standing similar to Kamui's Nohr family. I don't believe we yet know when he was taken to Nohr.

If I were to guess, I'd say Kamui's life has probably not been all rainbows and sunshine while living in Nohr; s/he was kidnapped for a reason, and she probably has to put up with a lot of duties s/he doesn't care for. While the siblings, or whatever you want to call them, seem to be getting along well with the protagonist, we still don't know to what extent. There are a lot of cute comics out there, but I have a hard time believing the atmosphere will actually be as friendly considering they're the aggressors in a war.

I know I'm just stating the obvious, but I don't think it's that hard to give Kamui a reason to join the Hoshido; the problem is maintaining a balance that makes both choices equally credible.

Well, to be fair, you didn't grow up with the Hoshidans. It honestly makes sense Ryouma is quick to attack, as to him you are just another enemy soldier. I would be inclined to agree if Marx did the same, but he doesn't; these reactions make sense to me, in all honesty.

yeah, i pretty much agree w/ this- you may be related, but if i didn't grow up with my twin and we were still related... yeah. like, i can totally see how ryouma would do that. for the same reason, i can see why marx only seems to yell at you- he's the one you grew up with, he's your older brother, there's ties there that just aren't there with the bio siblings.