Dark Knight is OP

Knightmare

Dark flier was 4th promotion I promoted to so I don't remember I've promoted and changed class about 20 times arches mages and beast killed her easily

I'm on normal it say so on the save my robin has 80 health now as a dark night.

Out of curiosity would Sol skill and Sol sword stack to make 100% with 50skill?

No it was an archer with a long bow that attacked Fred but missed yet he still took damage

Ah damn the certificate sounds awesome I should have gotten the 3ds when it first came out like I had planned after all....

Edited by Knightmare

How are Archers, Mages and Beastkillers hitting you though? You should have around 100 Avo from stats alone by that point, with 10 more from Chrom supporting. I haven't played Normal in a while but doubt the lategame enemies have more than 150 Hit. And on top of that those effective weapons will still only be 27-39 mt on top of ~20 Atk, you should have ~30 Def and ~40 Res, you'd be taking around 20 damage from them. Even a crit shouldn't kill you.

You should definitely switch the bottom screen to Full though (tap the icon in the top right) and tell us what your stats are.

No, same skills don't stack.

Any chance that archer was the Bow Knight in Cht.22? His Bow always hits twice.

Well, it was originally given out to compensate people who bought it before the price cut ($250 -> $170). Nintendo kind of released the 3ds prematurely with a high price tag, beta menu software (not even the camera was enabled, it was so beta) and no first-party games, so it sold terribly and they had to cut the price a ton to save sales. My first 3ds was literally just a $250 battery extension for my DSi XL until OoT3D came along much later.

Ah turns out I've been playing my character on hard not normal...... Because I had the 2 characters going at the same time when I had been playing the hard one I thought I was playing the normal one....

Don't know if it was bow knight but it was Ch.22 so it might have been that

Ah ok it is a really nice compensation by the sounds of it though....

Doing some research I saw apparently that skills on a paired support character effect the main paired character and apparently Galefore is one of them so having 2 characters paired with galeforce means get turns in one go given you kill 2 enemies? o.0 and hex and Anathama will work still if it's on the support of the pair?

Edited by Knightmare

Doing some research I saw apparently that skills on a paired support character effect the main paired character and apparently Galefore is one of them so having 2 characters paired with galeforce means get turns in one go given you kill 2 enemies? o.0 and hex and Anathama will work still if it's on the support of the pair?

In order:

1. Galeforce will trigger once per character per player phase. I'll use Sumia, paired with Cordelia, as an example.

Sumia - Kills an enemy, Galeforce activates. She moves, and switches out with Cordelia.

Cordelia - Kills an enemy, Galeforce activates. If yet another enemy is in range, she can move in range, and either Sumia or Cordelia can take the kill. Since they both used their once-per-player-phase Galeforce, they will be grayed out at the conclusion of battle.

If you use Sumia to kill two units, she'll end her phase, and Cordelia's Galeforce won't activate. If Cordelia kills a unit while in the back, her Galeforce won't activate.

2. Hex/Anathema work from the back row (so do Demoiselle and Charm, IIRC).

2. Hex/Anathema work from the back row (so do Demoiselle and Charm, IIRC).

Yes, Demoiselle, Charm, Hex, Anathema do work even if the character who emits the aura isn't directly participating in the fight, which also encompasses a support unit who got paired up. Their adjacent(1 range for hex) and 3 range (the other three skills requirements) are in effect, too.

Example: Let's say you want Sumia and Cordelia to benefit from Tharja's Hex, then Tharja will have to move adjacent to the enemy prior to Sumia's and Cordelia's attack.

So basically anything that is AoE works from the back except the rally skills? Everything else only works on the character it's equipped? And skills that require to be adjacent such as solidarity works on the character it is paired with and as such skills like focus won't work when paired?

Edit: oh so it won't work if paired? So tharjas hex won't work if pair on Robin?

Edited by Knightmare

Yeah, AoE like Anathema, Demoiselle, etc. generally function from the back of a pair-up. Some people on the boards occasionally refer to the as "auras". So yes, the aura skills work from the back.

Rally skills have to be manually activated from the unit's commands while they're at the front, although it gives stat bonuses to both the front and rear units of all units and pairs within their range (but not to the unit using the Rally command themselves).

Solidarity works when paired. Its quite useful that way.

Tharja's Hex would be functional in pair with Robin, even from the rear, as long as Robin in standing in the tile next to the enemy you wish to effect. i.e. as long as you're actually in range. Its quite useful. Anathema gives more flexibility here with its wider range.

So basically anything that is AoE works from the back except the rally skills? Everything else only works on the character it's equipped? And skills that require to be adjacent such as solidarity works on the character it is paired with and as such skills like focus won't work when paired?

Edit: oh so it won't work if paired? So tharjas hex won't work if pair on Robin?

Units who are in the range of Rally will benefit from it, even if they "hide" behind a different unit and fulfill the role of support at the time rally is being used.

*skill% skills like Luna and Sol don't work from the back. x-Breaker always works. Hit+20 always works.

The way Aura's work is that any unit inside the Aura benefits from it. Those benefits are being added as a bonus for skills like Charm and Demoiselle, and act as a malus on enemy units who are in range of Hex or Anathema.

Let's say Robin has Solidarity, Hex and Anathema. Robin's partner is x.

Robin is standing directly adjacent to an enemy:

Robin will receive the benefit of Hex and Anathema, x will receive benefit from Hex, Anathema and Solidarity.

Robin is standing somewhere between 2 and 3 range away from the enemy:

Robin will receive the benefit of Anathema, x will receive benefit from Anathema and Solidarity.

Let's say Robin has Anathema and Solidarity and is paired up with Tharja who has Hex instead of x. All situations above will still apply in the same exact way.

One extra note is that multiple instances of the same aura don't stack, to my knowledge. All that having multiple characters with it does is allowing you to spread out the auras over a wider total area if you're having them stand some distance apart.

For example, Hex/Anathema/Solidarity Avatar paired with Hex Tharja does not let you count Hex twice, only once. But if we have a formation like this:

Enemy Enemy

In this case the Avatar's Hex will be able to affect the enemy adjacent to him, Tharja's Hex will affect the enemy adjacent to her, and Avatar's Anathema (which has a larger radius) will affect both enemies. So by running two Hex characters you were able to cover more tiles in the Hex Aura than you otherwise would have.

I'm 99% sure Focus, Tantivity and Relief don't take supporting units into account. I know I've had Relief activate with a supporting unit, so I assume the other two do too.

The only Aura skill that doesn't work from the back is Bond (DLC class skill), for whatever reason.