Question about Amiibo

Flying Shogi

So it has been announced that there will be Amiibo support for the new FE games. My question is, since the released FE Amiibo's were for Super Smash Bros, will the same one's be compatible with the new FE games?

I know almost next to nothing about Amiibo's so any info would help.

There's a general Amiibo thread, you know, you could've asked this there. :P

But anyway, to answer your question, I don't see why the Smash FE Amiibos wouldn't be compatible since IS made them compatible with Codename Steam. It'd just be weird if IS didn't allow them to be used for an actual FE game.

Then again, the Smash and SM Yoshi Amiibos don't appear to be compatible with Yoshi's Wooly World, so... Who knows? Still, I hope I can use the Ike, Robin, and Marth I'm waiting to get! I'd love to be able to add Ike to my team in the new FE!

Then again, the Smash and SM Yoshi Amiibos don't appear to be compatible with Yoshi's Wooly World, so... Who knows?

Actually, it's confirmed that the Yarn Yoshi amiibo have the exact same functionality as the regular Yoshi amiibo, so you can use the Smash/Mario Yoshi amiibo in Yoshi's Wooly World.

Oh, okay, that's cool! I'm gonna get me a Yarn Yoshi Amiibo anyway though, because that blue one is just so cute!

Still, this should definitely mean that the current FE Amiibos will be compatible with the new FE. :D And now I really REALLY want my preordered Ike so bad... Even though NA isn't getting the game until next year.

There's a general Amiibo thread, you know, you could've asked this there. :P

And it's on the first page too... Oh well.

So in general how do Amiibos work? Is there like a designated place in the game where you just put the figure on the screen and the game scans it?

The Smash amiibos have so far been compatable with games that use amiibo in general. So to answer your question yes if FE if uses amiibo it will be compatable with Smash amiibos.

The bigger thing I wonder is if FE will get a line all their own.