Types of classes you'd like to see

Awakening gave us some cool new and unique classes(war monk/cleric, dark flier, etc). But is there something that hasn't been done yet that you'd like to see in terms of classes? Weapon combinations, what steed they have(if any) etc.

For example, my custom class called wyvern trooper. It's an alternate wyvern promotion that gains bows! Yes, a bow wielding flier. Dark fliers can use wind magic to pwn their brethren so this isn't that far of a stretch. Wyvern lords are stronger and tankier, but the troopers are faster with better resistance. If I could hack into Awakening and replace gryphon rider with wyvern trooper I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Edited by Dragoncat

Or just give Griffon Riders bows :newyears:

I'd like to see a Roman Legionary-esque class, basically a Halberdier with sword access. I've never seen the value in them being spear-only compared to other mono-weapon classes.

I'd first like to see magic types being more meaningful, and having major differences, like physical weapons.

But enough of that. I've mentioned this one before, but...

Class: Wyvern Fighter

Weapons: Lance, Sword

Skill: Charge

An experienced rider of wyverns that soars through the air with deadly grace, but with less defenses than their Wyvern Lord counterparts.

I've always wanted to see an armored mage, or at the very least a mage with great defense and poor res. Just something that'll make mage-on-mage combat more interesting

Dark knights are kinda that, but yeah...

Dark knights are kinda that, but yeah...

Dark Knights being kind of!? They've got high Def, low Res, and immense Pow and Spd. I don't know what you're-

Oh. I was talking about a class in FETO.

I want Samurais, just that, make the Swordmasters more arab-stylized, and give us Samurais, they could have I dunno, specialized attributes such as the use of bows or lances/naginatas maybe.

Edited by Haon

A dragon that you could rid on him and you could still use your weapons ( so your characters can still use his/her bow, staffs,etc even when they are on him).

An archer-type class that isn't universally shit.

Some sort of cannoneer class, or a foot-based swords/bows class that isn't a lord character.

I want Samurais, just that, make the Swordmasters more arab-stylized, and give us Samurais, they could have I dunno, specialized attributes such as the use of bows or lances/naginatas maybe.

So Samurai have higher Def/Str, less Speed/Res, no Crit bonus, and can use Bows?

Sounds good. Oh, and I guess Swdmstrs can have better mobility in Desert terrain? What else...

• Falcon Knights, who can use swords instead of staves like in any FE game before 13

Paladins, who can use bows as second weapon like in Tellius (no ranger class)

Soldiers => Halberdiers

Barons (armor units, who can use magic)

Armor Knights, who can bows

Giant bunny riders

Some type of slow but powerful axe-magic class, probably shouldn't double except the slower end of enemies, but guaranteed to put a giant dent in things regardless of defense type

Bonus if tanky

really just get me more axes

Edited by Thor Odinson

I was recently thinking about an artificier or trapmaster class. As the name suggests, it can set barriers and traps on the battlefield, and after promotion it can use spears or bows. It's got high movement and evasion.

A dragon that you could rid on him and you could still use your weapons ( so your characters can still use his/her bow, staffs,etc even when they are on him).

And this differs from wyvern riders how...

I was recently thinking about an artificier or trapmaster class. As the name suggests, it can set barriers and traps on the battlefield, and after promotion it can use spears or bows. It's got high movement and evasion.

Love this idea! Should probably have a weapon before promotion too, like knives.

And this differs from wyvern riders how...

The same way a unit rides a Chocobo in FFT. Though this would be absolutely gamebreaking.

The same way a unit rides a Chocobo in FFT. Though this would be absolutely gamebreaking.

Not familiar with a lot of Final Fantasy. Played Tactics Advance but never finished it. Love Crystal Chronicles...also never finished it but got close.

You'll have to explain more. The rider uses their weapons on their mounts in FE...unless you're saying the mount attacks? Or any unit can ride one?

Edited by Dragoncat

Not familiar with a lot of Final Fantasy. Played Tactics Advance but never finished it. Love Crystal Chronicles...also never finished it but got close.

You'll have to explain more. The rider uses their weapons on their mounts in FE...unless you're saying the mount attacks? Or any unit can ride one?

Meh. FFT is clunky as heck. But...

Units adjacent to an allied Chocobo in FFT can mount them, giving them increased movement and nullification of ailments, and probably some other stuff I'm not remembering. Of course, dragons would probably grant flight and Move. Thing is, having a mountable mount in FE is the equivalent of having a flying nuke or something. Suddenly, Knights have immense amounts of Move and can fly. Lords can move even quicker to seize, and what have you.

I came up with Wagon and War Wagon. I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to those. Wagon does pretty much what Merlinus in FE7 does when he's on a wagon, except it can also attack by charging into its target. Then when it promotes to War Wagon, it can use bows as well as that charging attack. I'd like more bow-wielding classes anyway, we have so few. Wagons and War Wagons would also be very tanky, with high def and res, and also pretty good strength. On the flipside though, they're slow, like potentially even slower than Knights and are weakest to fire magic (because of them containing a lot of wood). They have better movement than Knights though, 8 move like Paladins.

I'd also love to see new laguz types, like the Fox, Falcon, and Fairy Dragon I came up with. ^^ (all three of these beginning with the letter F is a coincidence, btw. lol In fact, I had originally named the Fairy Dragon "Butterdragon" which was meant to be combination of "dragon" and "butterfly," but decided that I liked "Fairy Dragon" more later on)

Edited by Anacybele

Lol yeah butter dragon sounds weird.

The only laguz I added are fox and coyote, for the wolves to be in their own tribe.

Dragoncat: The main idea about the Dragon is: anyone can rid on him even a cleric or an archer. It's like a pair-up with a 100% dual strike but he could not be able to fly when someone is riding on him. So you could use him for defensive purposes or for additional firepower.

Dragoncat: The main idea about the Dragon is: anyone can rid on him even a cleric or an archer. It's like a pair-up with a 100% dual strike but he could not be able to fly when someone is riding on him. So you could use him for defensive purposes or for additional firepower.

Okay I see...

Still OP as heck, since you can still get better move, and you now include a free frigging attack!?