Mount and unit losing armors mid-way: Oversight?

Ryo

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before.

Compare the cavalier guy's outfit and his horse in these two shots:

0qlpmWJ.jpg

8W2SknS.jpg

Also when he's playable:

Jan_014.jpg

For reference, from the first trailer, people have pointed out that you can break certain enemies' armors. However, what's strange here is that this also happens to this guy's mount, not just himself. What's even stranger is that they have already lost their armor (off-screen?) before the ninja guy even strike him.

Also note that this didn't happen when Hinoka was attacking a generic cavalier on the bridge in the first trailer.

Thoughts?

Edited by Ryo

Goddamit, misread.

Well, the horse takes damage too. I wonder why it vanishes like that... perhaps an issue with the flags on the ninja animation?

I vaguely remember the Nosferatu's mask bugging out when Marx kills it too.

Edited by L95

I know, but in this guy's case, this happened before the ninja strikes him, which is odd.

EDIT: One possible explanation is that the attack shown after the support boost was actually a second attack, or just a different scene edited in entirely. The first attack was either recorded in a not-so-ideal angle, or the damage dealt was anti-climatically low or even zero (since the armor's still on), both of which was not good for a promotional video so they had to cut it out lol.

Edited by Ryo

Is it actually the same guy? The one from the enemy side has a black "pointy helmet thingy" in both states and has black sleeves, while the allied one has no such helmet, has a cape and has blue sleeves.

Is it actually the same guy? The one from the enemy side has a black "pointy helmet thingy" in both states and has black sleeves, while the allied one has no such helmet, has a cape and has blue sleeves.

I'm pretty sure the "pointy helmet" is his hair lol. Also, if you look closely, the first screenshot shows the guy wearing blue armor, similar to the playable one. He only has black sleeves after his armor parts were destroyed.

Crazy thought, what if you can kill the horses? That would be so dark..... (and could possibly explain the rating)

Armor breaking..... I have no idea how that's going to work. Do you lose defense? Gain speed?

Couldn't you kill mounts in Berwick Saga? I've never played that one though, so I don't know how that works.

Oooh, I didn't notice that! That poor horse though D:

All I can really think of this making sense is that maybe they're adding armour that you can equip which boosts stats like defense or resistance; maybe they have their own durability based on how many times you get hit/how much damage you take?

Edited by Yatogami

Crazy thought, what if you can kill the horses? That would be so dark..... (and could possibly explain the rating)

Armor breaking..... I have no idea how that's going to work. Do you lose defense? Gain speed?

The horses/wyverns/pegasi already die in Awakening in the battle animations.

I know, but in this guy's case, this happened before the ninja strikes him, which is odd.

EDIT: One possible explanation is that the attack shown after the support boost was actually a second attack, or just a different scene edited in entirely. The first attack was either recorded in a not-so-ideal angle, or the damage dealt was anti-climatically low or even zero (since the armor's still on), both of which was not good for a promotional video so they had to cut it out lol.

Still, he's at full health when he gets hit... so armor cannot be tied to HP, it would seem. In any case... maybe only certain weapons can destroy armors, but it's hard to say at this point. But super nice catch.

Edit: Didn't pay attention the title; I don't think so. To me it seems more likely that it was deliberately made that way to leave us wondering.

Edited by Cysx