Was it ever explicitly said, some units will be Route-Exclusive? (Regarding Death and Consequence of Choosing a Side)

UnknownUber

Judging by what has been said in official releases. The world and characters will be the same for each route but the story will differ.

I ask this, strictly because I wish the game gave you a reason to choose a side over the other story-wise and have some characters die to give a genuine emotion of regret out of the player as well as questioning morality of the route you chose.

Awakening honestly did a pisspoor job with death with the Spotpass Paralogues.

It has been confirmed ^^

The keyword for this new Fire Emblem is “if”. With the conflict between Hoshido and Nohr as the backdrop, the player must make a choice of which nation to side with, resulting in two very contrasting stories with different events, battles and obtainable characters.

(Source)

I'm kinda lazy to look for it, but the Famitsu leak also mentioned something similar. I think it said that some recruitable characters may be tough bosses in the other route. Actually... that's kinda important; I'll go look for it again...

EDIT

Furthermore, an ally [recruitable] in one story may be a formidable enemy in the other story.

(Source)

Edited by VincentASM

Well, if it's been confirmed we might as well just focus on the aspect of handling death then. Cause I honestly wish FE treated Death a bit more seriously rather then lol she's actually alive!

What I want to see is... something like... what if in the first few non-route chapters, you have the chance to recruit someone, and if you don't do it then, they show up in a later chapter or something. But yeah, I hope that isn't the case, because I don't want it to be the same on both routes.

What I want to see is... something like... what if in the first few non-route chapters, you have the chance to recruit someone, and if you don't do it then, they show up in a later chapter or something. But yeah, I hope that isn't the case, because I don't want it to be the same on both routes.

Most likely the first 6 chapters are all characters that will follow you regardless of the path you choose. Like it is mentioned above, the Nohrian sibblings will be your allies in the Nohr route while they are the main antagonists in the Hoshido route and vice versa for the Hoshido siblings.

I get the feeing that they're gonna characterize both sides to be in line with the "Camus" oriented story characters. I think it was mentioned in the last main interview that the stories will highlight different aspects of each character's good and bad sides. I hope this means we're getting a lot of deep character growth out of it. And then there's of course the third route which, I'd like to believe, allows you to recruit every character from both sides or at least the really important ones.