Game Modes

Zhadox

36 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the game modes?

• Classic is the only way to play Fire Emblem.
    • Casual is what made Fire Emblem good.
    • I'm happy with both, but I mostly play classic
    • I'm happy with both, but I mostly play casual
    • Phoenix Mode seems like the mode for me.
    • I really don't care...

Game modes has been something people have been fighting about since Awakening was released, so I wanted to see what people on Serenes Forest think about them.

I personally play mostly classic but am still happy that casual is the game especially if it makes Fire Emblem sell. As for phoenix mode, I may finally be able to get through Lunatic+.

So yeah please give me your thoughts on Fire Emblem modes.

Thanks!

About modes:

I only play classic mode, because it's still the trademark of FE.

However I do battle saves, if I must. That's it!

About difficulties:

Please no more broken skills like in FE13!

FE10 did it very well. From mode to mode the enemies are two levels higher with the according stats.

In general: The higher the difficulty, the more enemies and the better the stats and weapons of them.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

About modes

I will never play in an other mode than the Classic one, because playing in this mode while playing to a new FE game I'm discovering will always make me remember my first FE experience. ^^

About difficulties

When I'm hesitating on which difficulty taking, I'll always take the one that's up. ( Example : I'm hesitating between normal or hard, let's take hard. )

I think I purificated myself when I just BEGAN Fire Emblem 12, like I never touched the game before, by playing the Lunatic mode.

I don't know so far WHY the HELL I choose that. XD

But still, I then played for the first time FE12, and it was on Lunatic mode.

Nowadays, I'm trying to play FE games with more challenge I can try. But I'm not a Difficulty-mad guy, not the kind to do reverse lunatic at each breakfast.

I have never, and will ever play Casual Mode in an FE game. That being said, I don't mind Casual Mode, if it brings newcomers to the series. Phoenix Mode would be amusing to try out, but it would require almost no strategy whatsoever. I hope that as they bring newcomers to the franchise with the easier modes, they don't forget the mode that made FE what is is.

As for difficulty, it depends on the game. I usually go with the Normal Difficulty, and then Hard if it is available.

Edited by DragonLord

Modes: I am not arsed in the least. I play Classic and Casual. I will play Classic and Casual.

On Difficulty Levels: I am not arsed in the least. I play Normal on most FEs (except RD which is Easy) and Hard very occasionally.

What other people do in their games is none of my concern.

I played Awakening in casual mode, but I realized that I would almost always reset if a character died anyway. I'll probably stick with casual, even though it's mostly meaningless anyway the way I play it.

But what I'd really like to see (and have wanted since before casual was even a thing in FE12) is something between casual and classic, a Star Fox 64 mode. If a character dies, they're out for the rest of that chapter, as well as the next chapter, to heal up. But two chapters later, they're back. But now that we've got Phoenix mode, I don't think they'll be adding a 4th mode any time soon.

One of Fire Emblem's selling points when it first came out was permadeath, so I always play on classic to honor what Shouzou Kaga originally intended for the series when he created it.

As for difficulty, I normally play on normal my first time through in order to get through the story quickly to avoid spoilers. After that, I go back through on hard mode to see what the game has to offer.

I normally don't tread into Lunatic territory

I don't mind casual mode: it's a good way to ease newcomers into the series and it would be fun to play myself sometimes, though I much prefer classic.

Classic mode for me is just the standard mode for Fire Emblem.

Phoenix mode is certainly... interesting. I'm honestly not very happy about it, because it seems to trivialize the game, but I will hold off final judgment until I get to try it for myself.

I play classic when I want to actually play the main game and do casual when I'm grinding up things in postgame.

As for difficulty, I generally choose the middle mode the first time playing through and work my way up to the highest if I liked the game or if it was too easy.