Should we expect new info every week on this game?

Higher defense you say? That's surprising. I thought they were the eastern equivalent of Barbarians (because only westerners are barbarians!). I'm liking the Japanese ogre aesthetics. I'm still of the opinion that Revenant Knights are simply wyvern riders but a part of me hopes Camilla will use dark magic on promotion.

I got that same impression from Oni. Plus the ogre mask made me think that they were mystical in some way (hence higher res.). Agreed on the ogre aesthetics. Actually now that I of it there's only one other class that had masks as a part of its central look...Calling it now Oni is a Dread Fighter pre-promote.

Personally I'm on the side that Revenant Knight is something new altogether. If anything I'm thinking it's the Dark Flier for Wyvern Riders. Gain a new darker mount in exchange for some extra strength, or a new weapon, or somesuch.

Hmm, Dread Fighter being a non-DLC class would be interesting. They wouldn't even need to rename it, since it's already written in Kanji, like the other Hoshidan classes. In fact, both class names instil the same "demonic warrior" theme.

Now I just hope Bride is a Songstress promotion.

Edited by VincentASM

I got that same impression from Oni. Plus the ogre mask made me think that they were mystical in some way (hence higher res.). Agreed on the ogre aesthetics. Actually now that I of it there's only one other class that had masks as a part of its central look...Calling it now Oni is a Dread Fighter pre-promote.

Personally I'm on the side that Revenant Knight is something new altogether. If anything I'm thinking it's the Dark Flier for Wyvern Riders. Gain a new darker mount in exchange for some extra strength, or a new weapon, or somesuch.

I think they should make the promotions for the Revenant Knight be the traditional Wyvern Lord and replace gryphons with a Axe/Dark Magic class (Dark Drake?).

Hmm, Dread Fighter being a non-DLC class would be interesting. They wouldn't even need to rename it, since it's already written in Kanji, like the other Hoshidan classes. In fact, both class names instil the same "demonic warrior" theme.

Now I just hope Bride is a Songstress promotion.

But the dread fighter looks more like a ninja (except for the weird tentacle helmet) than an Oni. They have too much clothing.

I think they should make the promotions for the Revenant Knight be the traditional Wyvern Lord and replace gryphons with a Axe/Dark Magic class (Dark Drake?).

Camilla may be pre-promoted honestly. Everyone seems to be in their promoted form on the tcg art, and she's the same as what we already know. She also has surprisingly high HP(between 30-39) on the only shot we have of her as a playable unit.

Her box art shows her with what looks a lot like a silver axe as well.

It's a bit weird how much stronger the Nohr siblings would start off compared to the Hoshido ones if that's the case, though. I guess they're the Greil mercenaries of this conflict

Edited by Cysx

Camilla may be pre-promoted honestly. Everyone seems to be in their promoted form on the tcg art, and she's the same as what we already know. She also has surprisingly high HP(between 30-39) on the only shot we have of her as a playable unit.

Her box art shows her with what looks a lot like a silver axe as well.

The TCG art shows Camilla's wyvern with a helmet, and her map sprite doesn't have it. (and Awakening's Wyvern lords did have said helmet on the map sprite.)

About the silver axe, Cherche has the friggin Helswath in her art.

Edited by L95

The TCG art shows Camilla's wyvern with a helmet, and her map sprite doesn't have it. (and Awakening's Wyvern lords did have said helmet on the map sprite.)

About the silver axe, Cherche has the friggin Helswath in her art.

The wyvern mount does seem a bit different. But compared to the changes other characters go through, that's quite minor. Actually considering her horse and use of magic, Elise is most likely promoted and yet her outfit is mostly the same, so this indeed may not be relevant at all. Good point about the Helswath, although I'm still wondering here, since silver weaponry tends to be tied to pre-promotes.

if Oni->Dreadfighter was a thing I will rejoice

At this rate I just really want Rinka's portrait. And Blue Cav girl's portrait. And fullbody art. Rinka looks like she's wearing sarashi which ngl is one of my favorite design elements sooooo

But the dread fighter looks more like a ninja (except for the weird tentacle helmet) than an Oni. They have too much clothing.

There is a ninja though, on Hoshido, which doesn't appear to be promoted. Dread Fighter could easily be a shared promotion between Oni and new-ninja-class-without-a-proper-name. The animations would have to be a reworked a bit to better reflect the class' new Hoshidan weapons, but other than that I'm not seeing much reason why it couldn't come back.