Is importing Amiibos from Japan wort it?

I missed out on the preorders for Robin and Luicina and it looks like Amazon is not going to put them up for preorder and I am not sure if they will have any at all. My question is I can order them from Japan for $30 with shipping included and I was wondering if it is worth it and if any one had any advice on doing so, or if I should just wait until after the 29th and see what happens.

It depends on if you really want the amiibo. And from what I've seen, 30 USD with shipping included isn't bad when compared to other prices as Robin and Lucina amiibo can fetch prices as high as 40-50 USD before shipping.

Depends if you are really committed if you want one. I'm selling a spare used Lucina for 25 USD + shipping if you're interested

Edited by kingddd

Its the best you'll get for rarer ones like Mac/WiiFit/Lucario/Villager(Murabito)//Marth/Captain Falcon

If you don't care about the box it comes on, and really want it, do the $30 import.

For super rares like Ness, WFT, Little Mac, Villager etc. I'd say go for it. I got my Lucina and Robin from Amazon.jp and while I'm glad I did get them and I even got them before the US release date I kinda wish I saved my money because the shipping was more than half the cost. I knew that going into it and I was just committed to completing the FE cast so it really just depends how badly you want it.

Bottom Line: for onesies twosie rare guys its worth it because they are more plentiful but for the bulk of them I'd save your money.

Yeah, my WFT and Lucario are Japanese imports that I got off Amazon. Amazon sometimes has imported stuff that I can order straight from the US site, so yeah. And the imports there right now are pretty nicely priced compared to other Amiibo sellers.

I'm getting Robin and Lucina from Japan, each at less than $40 each with shipping included. I also imported a Rosalina amiibo from Japan as well as a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo from Europe.

Thanks everyone I think I am going to wait until the 29th and see if I can get them for retail from Amazon and if not I will order from Japan.