Western Release Speculation

UnknownUber

First off, what is the possibility that If might be pushed up to late 2015? Wasn't Mario 3D World Moved up a few months in 2013? I honestly find it hard to believe that it'll take them a whole year to localize it when they're perfectly contempt with localizing Pokemon, Pushmo, Mario Puzzle Games, and other lesser IP's and get them released in the span of a few days or weeks after Japanese release.

Also, I honestly don't think they have the balls to have two versions on release. That'd totally kill sales. My theory is that the physical copy will launch as one game with both campaigns while the special edition will launch with a download code for the third route. Then, to appease Japanese gamers who were upset they had to pay for two versions, there will be two seperate versions with a different campaign launched only on the Eshop. So that way, Physical sales won't hurt due to having more then one version, and the option to buy seperate versions are there.

Fire Emblem is like a mid/low tier game, especially versus Poke'mon and Mario, so naturally it doesn't get put high on the priority list. I fully expect a year until release, perhaps even longer.

I don't know if they'd do the two separate games thing, either, since I haven't bought a game with that gimmick yet.

I say it might depend partially on what we see at E3.

If they actually have some localized English footage, then I can see perhaps a very early 2016 release or outside of chance of being moved up to 2015.

If there is no footage, then we're not getting it anytime soon.

Since Nintendo themselves have claimed 2016, I don't see the chance of it being bumped up.

It's annoying, because this is being released on the same day as Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and that's already been confirmed by Atlus for a 2015 NA release.

Although it isn't correct to say that fire emblem is a mid/low tier game. After Awakening's success, Nintendo is behind the series a lot more. After all, it got 4 separate characters on the smash bros. roster, which is a big indication of Nintendo's favor.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Definitely mid-tier at best. It's more popular now, definitely, but I can't casually mention it in a conversation between non-gamer friends and expect them to have a slightest inkling about what I'm talking about.

Mario and Poke'mon, yes, I can.

Definitely mid-tier at best. It's more popular now, definitely, but I can't casually mention it in a conversation between non-gamer friends and expect them to have a slightest inkling about what I'm talking about.

Mario and Poke'mon, yes, I can.

Good point.

You need to remember OP that these games don't exist in a vacuum. Nintendo has other games that they need to schedule, some which would be in direct competition with Fire Emblem so ultimately something has to give.