21st May Magazine Leaks/Previews

Lushiris

With tomes now being a part of the weapon triangle along with all of the physical weapons, I think it is very likely that we will be getting a good amount of magic-based weapons. There needs to be some sort of weapon triangle control when targeting Res (though I admit the idea of high Avo ninjas being borderline immune to magic pleases me somewhat)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some character descriptions have been floating around. Not sure how legit they are though.

Apparently Gunter is a Great Knight, rather than a Great Butler. That would... make a lot more sense : P

EDIT:

• Felicia: A maid who tends to the Avatar during his/her residence at Nohr.

• Joker: A butler who serves the Avatar in Nohr.
  • Gunter: A knight who has served Nohr for many years. The Avatar's caretaker.
  • Suzukaze: Belongs to a family of ninjas who has served Hoshido for generations. However, Suzukaze himself does not follow a particular liege.
  • Saizou: A ninja who has sworn allegiance to and directly reports to Ryouma. Suzukaze's twin brother.
  • Kagerou: A kunoichi who serves Ryouma. Acts as the restraint for the reckless Saizou.

I think there's a good chance it's legit. If not, somebody has a really good imagination.

Edited by VincentASM

This sounds like a greater anime/manga tropes than Awakening! This is awesome :) A new era for the FE series to attract new fans and retain fans brought in from Awakening.

I don't mind anime tropes, but there are more fans than the Awakening initiates you know...

So Gunter could be that guy on the Nohr cover? Would make sense. Salute the Great Butler; we hardly knew you.

This is interesting. It ain't the magic triangle, but it will do. Also, what is up with naginatas giving certain stat buffs but the same types of lances not?

So my beloved cavaliers are now mage killers and effective against archers? Ooooh yeah.

Nohr gets a Ninja! Yes. Suzukaze is my favorite (when compared to Saizou) from what little we've seen of him; reminds me of Volke, for some reason.

Butler and Maid seem a bit dumb (too anime), but hopefully aren't a major sign of things to come. And maids wield the same weapons as ninjas? Hello, Nanako.

No unique weapon icons, though? Bummer.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Meh, the new weapon triangle and weapon types seem unnecessary to me. There is always room for innovation but Fire Emblem if is starting to feel... alien.

But there is a "lancer" class, which might be a revival of the much wanted Halberdier, so that's pretty neat. Next confirm the return of Light Magic

Edited by NekoKnight

Some character descriptions have been floating around. Not sure how legit they are though.

Apparently Gunter is a Great Knight, rather than a Great Butler. That would... make a lot more sense : P

EDIT:

• Felicia: A maid who tends to the Avatar during his/her residence at Nohr.

• Joker: A butler who serves the Avatar in Nohr.
  • Gunter: A knight who has served Nohr for many years. The Avatar's caretaker.
  • Suzukaze: Belongs to a family of ninjas who has served Hoshido for generations. However, Suzukaze himself does not follow a particular liege.
  • Saizou: A ninja who has sworn allegiance to and directly reports to Ryouma. Suzukaze's twin brother.
  • Kagerou: A kunoichi who serves Ryouma. Acts as the restraint for the reckless Saizou.

I think there's a good chance it's legit. If not, somebody has a really good imagination.

Let's put this into Classic FE Archetypes, shall we?

Felicia = Waifu (For me at least :D: )

Joker = Malledus (Somewhat, Best Comparison I could Draw)

Gunter = Jagen/Oifey

Can't tell for the Ninja's, but Gunter's a total Jagen.

That's sort of how I read it. You need to be +8 speed to double the enemy but get doubled at -2.

Wait...what? So they skewed it in the enemies' favor?

The other changes were interesting, but this... this makes me worry a bit. What's next? The return of ambush spawning reinforcements?

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Let's put this into Classic FE Archetypes, shall we?

Felicia = Waifu (For me at least :D: )

Joker = Malledus (Somewhat, Best Comparison I could Draw)

Gunter = Jagen/Oifey

Can't tell for the Ninja's, but Gunter's a total Jagen.

Strange, Saizou seems to be the Cain and Kagerou the (female?) Abel. Meanwhile Suzukaze is the odd third wheel, despite being Saizou's twin.

Well, it's better than being too predictable XD

Edited by VincentASM

Next confirm the return of Light Magic

FE15 should have a new Weapon Triangle that parallels the three magic types too! :)

Strange, Saizou seems to be the Cain and Kagerou the (female?) Abel. Meanwhile Suzukaze is the odd third wheel, despite being Saizou's twin.

Well, it's better than being too predictable XD

Yeah, The ninja's could be of the trio archetype in retrospect.

Edited by DeoGame

The other changes were interesting, but this... this makes me worry a bit. What's next? The return of ambush spawning reinforcements?

Honestly after Awakening, stuff like enemy pair-ups and Steel Swords debuffs please me. Also there is a step-up from debuffs to ambush reinforcements. The latter is a cruel and unfair, but Steel Swords sound suitably balanced. Bear in mind that the enemy may use them as well.

Only if you're wielding a Steel Sword. It's essentially weapon weight without actually being weapon weight. It looks like they're trying to balance the stronger weapons around things that aren't just weapon level (that's how I interpret it at least).

Like in Awakening, once you got to up to the higher weapon levels there was no incentive to use weaker weapons outside of higher durability/lower cost. Since durability is no longer a factor they're trying to make a new kind of risk/reward for using stronger weapons. So that steel sword, for instance, is a stronger weapon so you'll do more damage per hit, but you have to balance that around its drawbacks. Does that make sense?

Edited by Philranger

Not to my knowledge, by tomorrow the digital edition should come in.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that...

Also, I forgot a bit. If the character descriptions are correct, there's another character too--the blurry top-most character on the second page of Famitsu, a female Dark Mage called Nyx (ニュクス).

I'm really curious what her weapon ranks and weapons are...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that...

Also, I forgot a bit. If the character descriptions are correct, there's another character too--the blurry top-most character on the second page of Famitsu, a female Dark Mage called Nyx (ニュクス).

I'm really curious what her weapon ranks and weapons are...

I see only one weapon rank.

Edit: Interestingly, that goes for the Kamui right below as well, even though we've seen him with two before. Am I seeing things?

Edited by Cysx

I see only one weapon rank.

Yar, me too. Makes sense since the weapon triangle implied all magic is grouped together XD

EDIT

Also reclassing confirmed? Kamui only has one weapon rank.

Interesting... He has 3 skills too, so it's unlikely the Dragonstone rank is added later, considering he had 2 skills at that point.

Edited by VincentASM

The infiltration is going smoothly

Bientôt l'Emblême de Feu illluminera cette forêt.

I'll help fill in the VA's:

Felicia: Nozomi Sasaki

Joker: Junichi Suwabe

Gunther: Rokuro Naya

Suzukaze: Daisuke Ono

Saizou: Tarusuke Shingaki

Kagerou: Rie Murakawa

I'm assuming that Joker is cravat-san. He looks butler-ish!

It's really likely Gunther is his VA's last role...

And Joker's VA played in Black Butler (he was Undertaker, but still.)