Butler and Maid classes

dragonlordsd

I don't see it as fanservice, it's fine, now if maids were taking up war clerics' axes I would think it was stupid but the way they're supposed to work is pretty interesting and fits IMO.

I was under the impression maids and butlers are from Nohr though? Or at least, not from Hoshido. Even if they can join you in Hoshido, they have Western names. Which again, feels appropriate like how Hoshido has some Asian-inspired classes (ninja, miko).

Do we know what butlers use actually? I thought it was just the male version of maid but I'm not sure.

They are probably Kamui's personal servants in Nohr, but will follow him/her regardless.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "spoon" is an actual weapon, that would make this the best game of all time, ever.

Just think about the puns... we could have the real "spoony bard."

We already have the ladle as a joke Axe, spoon could definitely be a joke " hidden weapon"

We've been brining children, dancers, and unarmed clerics into battles since the early days of the series, so I have no issues with caretakers who have likely been trained to protect the player character and themselves being brought into battle.

I'm actually quite fond of Joker's design, and I like Felicia's as well.

Edited by Monado Boy

This only makes Felicia even more badass. Everyone thought she would just be a cleric. I'd assume the weapon animations or strikes would be the same. So maids are essentially Well-Dressed Ninja's...

I think the addition of the Maid and Butler class is really cool. Even in historical times, Lady Sun (or also known as Sun Shangxiang if you play the Dynasty Warriors series) had all of her maids and servants armed and trained in combat. So I don't think it's too strange for a maid or butler to know how to perform in combat I already really liked Felicia, so to know that she can be a potential supportive character with the debuffs and stuff will be fun to play around with.

I think the addition of the Maid and Butler class is really cool. Even in historical times, Lady Sun (or also known as Sun Shangxiang if you play the Dynasty Warriors series) had all of her maids and servants armed and trained in combat. So I don't think it's too strange for a maid or butler to know how to perform in combat I already really liked Felicia, so to know that she can be a potential supportive character with the debuffs and stuff will be fun to play around with.

Glad to see someone else studies the Three Kingdoms around here.

It's not an alien concept. The use of a seemingly innocent look and be deadly underneath.

Edited by Jedi

Wait, Joker? He's disguised as a butler! Holy Fire Emblem Batman!

Where are the images of the new characters and classes?

Edited by Knight

Where was it said that Maids could use staves? I can't seem to find it, and until this thread I just thought that they were fancier Villagers.

The female map sprite with pink hair that you can see about everywhere is assumed to be Felicia, and it visibly carries a staff.

I don't mind having maids or having butlers, but having both feels a little excessive. I'd prefer if they were functionally identical a la Cleric & Priest, but in that case would we really need 3 of them?

Well, I suppose it's possible that the blue-haired maid is Nohr-route only and/or a later-game prepromote (Which would be...what? "Bodyguard"? "Retainer"? "Right Hand"? "Shadow"?) Whatever, I'll reserve judgement until I see what the other new classes are.

The female map sprite with pink hair that you can see about everywhere is assumed to be Felicia, and it visibly carries a staff.

Then why are people assuming that Butler doesn't use a staff? If we haven't seen Joker's map sprite then what information are we going off of for that? Until further notice I'm going to assume that Butler is just a male Maid.

By the way I really hope one of Joker's crit. lines will be, "Why so serious?"

Then why are people assuming that Butler doesn't use a staff?

I think it's because in his artwork you can see he's holding a type of sword(?) in his hand. If he's actually cravat-san, that is.

Edited by Lushiris

Then why are people assuming that Butler doesn't use a staff? If we haven't seen Joker's map sprite then what information are we going off of for that? Until further notice I'm going to assume that Butler is just a male Maid.

By the way I really hope one of Joker's crit. lines will be, "Why so serious?"

I don't know about assuming. There is just little proof of it being or not being the case. But...

jb5Ew9f.png

... earlier someone suggested that this might be Joker -assuming Joker really is the butler on Hosido's box-art-, and with the new information we've gotten, this is looking considerably more probable than before.

Also "Let's put a smile on that face" IS pls

"Wanna see a magic trick?"

IS Joker has to be the mischievous, joking type. Just to make these lines work.

I think it's because in his artwork you can see he's holding a type of sword in his hand.

It doesn't seem to be all that large though. Sure it's a bit fancy looking for your average knife, but it could easily be a high end hidden weapon.

Edit: Yeah, I'm thinking that's his map sprite Cysx.

Edited by Honey Bunny

It doesn't seem to be all that large though. Sure it's a bit fancy looking for your average knife, but it could easily be a high end hidden weapon.

'Tis true. Hopefully we'll see a picture of his sprite/or full concept artwork soon not like I'm biased or anything

Given that Inigo didn't get a single shout out to the Princess Bride (Yeah, I'm still really, really pissed at the translators for that. You have a character named "Inigo" and you don't put in a single reference? It's criminal), I doubt that Joker will get any batman references.

But I still hope so.

Given that Inigo didn't get a single shout out to the Princess Bride (Yeah, I'm still really, really pissed at the translators for that. You have a character named "Inigo" and you don't put in a single reference? It's criminal), I doubt that Joker will get any batman references.

But I still hope so.

Actually, he calls the maiden in the recruitment chapter "Buttercup." It's pretty loose, you could claim it doesn't mean anything. I'd loved to have seen him with a "you killed my father, prepare to die" quote.

For those of you who don't know, Buttercup is the titular Princess in the Princess Bride.

If his name doesn't change in localization, I don't see how NOA could avoid making a reference.

Edited by Knight

Actually, he calls the maiden in the recruitment chapter "Buttercup." It's pretty loose, you could claim it doesn't mean anything. I'd loved to have seen him with a "you killed my father, prepare to die" quote.

For those of you who don't know, Buttercup is the titular Princess in the Princess Bride.

Oh, I forgot about that.

Yeah, but it was the "you killed my father" line that I was looking for. I was really hoping, before I played the game, that his recruitment mission would involve him meeting his father's killer in the past. Disappointment.

Great movie. Great movie.

'Tis true. Hopefully we'll see a picture of his sprite/or full concept artwork soon not like I'm biased or anything

Oh god full body art of Joker would be so awesome...finally getting a proper picture of that handsome silver haired man...I-I mean, yes I would love some answers on the whole Butler class front!

But I still hope so.

Inconceivable!

*sigh* You're probably right though. Darn it, "Wanna see a magic trick?" would actually make a pretty good crit line in its own right too.

Edited by Honey Bunny

^^ firstly a characters name should not the entire character revolve around the name just because the name is the same as a character from a great movie that i finally came around to watching 2 days ago, secondly they can't add a chapter or anything besides a small text reference cause his name is different In japan. Thirdly adding a my name is inigo you killed my father prepare to die as a reference is a bit hard to put anywhere, as inigo's father's killer is most likely either a risen or freaking grima. And a joke about it is pretty out of character and moodwhiplashy.

Edited by goodperson707