Any marriage or romance hinted at?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it will go back to the older romance style. Where some characters have a few options, some have maybe one or two, and some have none. And there can be supports that change your ending but aren't marriage, along with some that are.

Don't worry, all the Fire emblems that have come out in the us have had some form of romance supports and the main characters usually get the most (not always tho...Ike had what, 1 with soren and that's it and you had to jump through so many hoops to get it?)

But there's probably going to be at least a couple supports for the main character that can lead to a romantic ending.

Edited by Eveangaline

No confirmation one way or another.

The only thing people have pointed out so far is that the status screen doesn't have room for the partners like Awakening did. Doesn't really mean one way or the other, but it's something to point out.

At the very least, there will likely be at least paired endings I would imagine since all recent FE games had those (except for Shadow Dragon but that was a remake).

Edited by Sentinel07

When the game was first announced, I felt pretty sure about S-ranks returning, but as time goes on and we get closer to release, I'm not so sure anymore. I would still love for them to return, but at this point, we just have to wait and see.

No confirmation one way or another.

The only thing people have pointed out so far is that the status screen doesn't have room for the partners like Awakening did. Doesn't really mean one way or the other, but it's something to point out.

Funny how many people seemed to be so quick to point out that there is no space on the status screen yet the same people have forgotten that there is a book icon on the screen as well which that information could easily be stored in...

When the game was first announced, I felt pretty sure about S-ranks returning, but as time goes on and we get closer to release, I'm not so sure anymore. I would still love for them to return, but at this point, we just have to wait and see.

why……? Does this mean there will be no more romance? But I really enjoyed FEA and it was my first FE game..

I'm feeling that marriage is kind of just going to be a thing that's unique to Awakening. Maybe it'll return? Maybe not.

Though I'm pretty sure we'll still be able to pair off some characters, since that's been in every non-remake FE sine FE7.

Whether we'll be able to marry characters ourselves? No idea.

Edited by The Geek

Don't worry, all the Fire emblems that have come out in the us have had some form of romance supports and the main characters usually get the most (not always tho...Ike had what, 1 with soren and that's it and you had to jump through so many hoops to get it?)

Ike doesn't have any special endings, actually, not even a romantic one. Yes, Soren or Ranulf can go with him if he has an A support with one of them in RD, but his ending still doesn't change. It's Soren/Ranulf that get ending changes here.

I was disappointed to find that Ike couldn't get married to anyone, personally. :( (though I'd hate it more if said marriage option was Mia)

Anyway, I don't think a marriage system like Awakening's or FE4's will be in this game. It just doesn't seem necessary. So like others have said, the new game will likely have something closer to what other past games have had, where some supports will lead to different endings, whether it's marriage or something else.

Edited by Anacybele

I will say this though. Intelligent Systems has some major balls if they take out in-game marriage considering all the people who say "Awakening sold better because of the waifus!"

But as some posters pointed out, why haven't we heard about any romance/support details when the release date is about 1 month away?

Didn't FEA give us details about marriage/pair up very early in the media cycle?

All those people are dead wrong. Awakening sold better mainly because of better marketing and casual mode. No FE game got nearly as much advertising and marketing as this one did. And permadeath was a thing that turned many people away from the series, and with casual mode eliminating that, they finally played it.

All those people are dead wrong. Awakening sold better mainly because of better marketing and casual mode. No FE game got nearly as much advertising and marketing as this one did. And permadeath was a thing that turned many people away from the series, and with casual mode eliminating that, they finally played it.

Exactly. That's what I've been saying on some other websites but people don't seem to want to believe it.

But then again, I guess it's somewhat understandable. There was a time after Awakening came out that the romance was the only thing people talked about.

Yeah, the big reason Awakening did better was that it was much better advertised than other FEs (read: it was actually advertised).

Yeah, I actually saw a commercial for Awakening on TV. Did any FEs other than FE7 get any tv spots? (What happened to Dorcas?!)

Officially: Nothing confirmed

Speculation: Well pair up is back along with the bonuses it gives. Given how big of a game mechanic that was in Awakening and how it could be used to quickly raise supports it'll probably be back. I could see MU having fewer support options and not having the ability to S-support with everyone like in Awakening given the blood ties and relations and such. Also like it or not the whole romance thing in Awakening was appealing to a large majority of Awakening owners and newcomers so its likely that would come into IS's consideration.

Really??!!?!?!?

I am hopeful and filled with joy if what you're saying if it is true… is this really what happened?

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/general/pre-release-information/information/

Looks like the marriage mechanic was announced a little more than 2 weeks before the game launched. So I'd wait a little longer before getting too worried, OP :)