Butler, Maid, and Ninja/Shinobi Promotions

Since thieves are unique in their utility, I imagine it would be one of the classes that show up in both countries in some capacity. Iirc the class name has even switched between the Japanese 盗賊 and the Engrish シーフ (the latter of which has been used for the Nohrian bow thief) throughout the series. So the Japanese version might still exist as a Hoshidan class that can promote to whatever the equivalent of the assassin is, and the Nohrian thief can promote to アサシン.

Hmm, that depends on how much utility Thieves have in this game. With stealing gone in Awakening they were just glorified lockpicks, and if it's the same here all we'd really need is one Nohrian Thief that will follow you in either route; since enemy Thieves are often unassociated with the group you are fighting their country wouldn't matter. On that note, we haven't seen any Nohr bow-users except Thief, right? I assumed they were filling the bow infantry niche on the Nohr side since Hoshido got the Archers (whereas Hoshido really wouldn't need a sword Thief since they have Myrmidons). In any event if Hoshido got an Assassin-ish class that wasn't actually the game's Assassin class then we still wouldn't have Shinobi class-up to Assassin, so I suppose it's moot.

That still doesn't disprove my point that their res and mag are almost non-existent to be called good. We're also seeing diagrams here, not actual numbers, so the fact that its magic is "only two points less than priestess" (which actually isn't really that impressive either comparing to the other stats) may prove to be a drastic difference. Heroes have always had bad Mag and Res in general, so being slightly superior than them doesn't mean much.

I think the idea is that as a general rule of thumb, tier 1 classes that had absolutely nothing to do with magic tended to have 0 base in magic, so the fact that the Oni has a nonzero base may be indicative of some relation to magic at least somewhere down the line. Goodperson pointed out that myrmidons/dancers were the exception in Awakening and had swordlock in common. Fire maces appearing in the trailer may be an indication that magic maces might be a common ranged option for mace-locked units, especially if the Oni promotes to a berserker-like class that specializes in maces. I'm basically pulling all this out of my ass though.

Hmm, that depends on how much utility Thieves have in this game. With stealing gone in Awakening they were just glorified lockpicks, and if it's the same here all we'd really need is one Nohrian Thief that will follow you in either route; since enemy Thieves are often unassociated with the group you are fighting their country wouldn't matter.

I considered that and tbh I would just prefer not to have too many characters that follow you regardless of what route you pick, you know? Admittedly I do think this is the most likely option for thieves since like you say, they are usually unaffiliated with any large side before joining you and are just kinda doing their own thing.

Edited by Bovinian

You get some odd exceptions once in a while. Mage and Dark Mage both don't make use of their strength stat at all, and yet those are the only paths that lead to the sword-using Dark Knight in Awakening. You also have really pathetic cases like Cavs actually losing speed upon promotion to Great Knight, same with Barbarian to Warrior.

TL;DR anything is possible

dark knights use magic and swords's and only one of their promotions use it just like tricksters use staves but only promote from thief which has 20 max magic and no base stat. Also priests/clecics have 22 strength as they promote to the axe only warmonk/cleric. While the only physical class that promotes to a tome user is peg which has 2 not 1 magic and also promotes to a staff user. While yes oni promoting to a tome/talisman user is possible it has no precedent from awakening, while promoting to a mace only class withmagic weapons being the main way to attack at range having 1 magic/res does have precedent, and we have already seen a flame mace which most likely runs off magic, also throwing a mace? Yeah this is my guess.

Edit ^ no it really isnt talking out of your ass it does have precedent for the magic weapons, 1 magic still isnt impressive at all though and i still doubt it will have an attacking magic promotion.

Edited by goodperson707

That still doesn't disprove my point that their res and mag are almost non-existent to be called good. We're also seeing diagrams here, not actual numbers, so the fact that its magic is "only two points less than priestess" (which actually isn't really that impressive either comparing to the other stats) may prove to be a drastic difference. Heroes have always had bad Mag and Res in general, so being slightly superior than them doesn't mean much.

Almost nonexistent is good though when the average is nonexistent. Comparing this to Awakening every physical tier 1 class had nonexistent magic and res. except for Peg. Knights and Myrmidons. While it's no Peg. Knight those are still good stats for what it is. Sure now that I'm looking closer at the numbers it's not as impressive as it once was, but that's still good for a tier 1 of its type.

Goodperson did point out the connection to Myrmidon though, and that's looking more and more apt as I start crunching numbers in my head.

If Shinobi and Oni do end up promoting to Dread Fighter, I hope the mask will change depending on what the base class was. For Oni, they will keep their ogre mask and for Shinobi, they will get the fox masks seen in Awakening. It will be like how Chrom and Lucina get different shields after promoting.

If Shinobi and Oni do end up promoting to Dread Fighter, I hope the mask will change depending on what the base class was. For Oni, they will keep their ogre mask and for Shinobi, they will get the fox masks seen in Awakening. It will be like how Chrom and Lucina get different shields after promoting.

That would be awesome. Does anyone know if there's a precedent for this aside from Lords? The class is sort of special, so they don't really set a precedent.

has it been confirmed that Brave Heroes are a promoted class?

No, but their name is very similar to the Hero, and their base stats in general seem awful high for a tier 1.

No, but their name is very similar to the Hero, and their base stats in general seem awful high for a tier 1.

Wasn't that screenshot showing the "brave hero" explicitly talking about promotion? iirc it also had Nyx promoting to Sorcerer.

Wasn't that screenshot showing the "brave hero" explicitly talking about promotion? iirc it also had Nyx promoting to Sorcerer.

Maybe? I remember that it showed Nyx as a Sorceror, but that's about it. Plus I can't seem to find any of the class images anymore.

Guys, what if

What if

They don't promote at all

And neither does anyone.

Maybe that's the clincher IntSys is keeping from us - there's no class promotion anymore, just reclassing.

And the hidden class none of your units start in is the only one that has galeforce

Guys, what if

What if

They don't promote at all

And neither does anyone.

Maybe that's the clincher IntSys is keeping from us - there's no class promotion anymore, just reclassing.

And the hidden class none of your units start in is the only one that has galeforce

Would probably kill the game for me, gonna be honest.