I quit this one forever

Kiba

If you keep dying, evaluate your playing style, as obviously it's not working. I would restart the whole thing, as a lot of very good units have died, making it harder. Play more defensively, taking it slow minimizes risk. Use your units strengths well, and be wary of enemies. Check their range and weapons, to make sure you're not a risk. Do not send knights after mages, or your pegasus after fighters, stuff like that. And don't get discouraged. It's an excellent game, well worth it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remeber the first time I played Fire Emblem. I was ten years old.

I never really understood how to play the game, cus I never played RPG type games. I was more into fighting games etc

But in the end, I managed to understand how to play FE and finished it.

So, if I managed to finish FE7 at the age of 10, then anyone here can. ^_^

Edited by Dark Sage

well like soului said you might want to do SS since it is easier than blazing sword (although i started out on blazing sword and sucked myself but i didnt let anyone die.........)

This

dude. I started on hector's mode on chapter 14 cuz we got it used. I figured it out. Don't just up n' quit! learn through trial and error. The game can only do so much. Just learn the way it thinks. It will always try to go attack the easiest to kill. It will attack anything in range, regardless of if it 0% chance to hit or if it will do 0 damage. When you start a level, just do a quick run through where you just let your units go all over. This will give a feel of the map and what reinforcements come before you really try.

Maybe you do want to play sacred stones, but don't give up on this. If you could turn around from me ALWAYS kickingyour ass in smash to being a worthy opponent, you can do the same here. Just requires determination and patience. Also good units, like dart and raven. They are easily your best axe and sword users in this game

Just be sure to adequately raise up your characters, and try not to overuse the powerful ones. Once you get to around chapter 20, then you can pick who you want to stick with you. Be sure to pick wisely. The game doesn't hate you, unless that whole "Erik moved 20 spaces" thing actually did happen. Just stay alert, the only game easier than this is Sacred Stoners.

Just be sure to adequately raise up your characters, and try not to overuse the powerful ones. Once you get to around chapter 20, then you can pick who you want to stick with you. Be sure to pick wisely. The game doesn't hate you, unless that whole "Erik moved 20 spaces" thing actually did happen. Just stay alert, the only game easier than this is Sacred Stoners.

There is no way.............

There is no way.............

If nothing else, Kiba is starting to sound like my brother. If he can't get it right instantly, he thinks he fails at the game. I also don't like it how my brother proclaims a game is a piece of crap if I'm tons better at it than him. Melee and F-Zero GX comes to mind.

Anyway, Kiba, *in Starfox 64 Peppy's voice* never give up, trust your instincts!

Edited by Kintenbo

It's not necessarily untrue. Debaters say he's right; anti-debaters always argue personal preference...

Really? I've usually hear debater folk loving that red headed cutie. Then again, they always seem to change their minds about everything. I've always heard Priscilla >> Serra, that horse > no horse, Anima >>> Light, and lots of movement > regular movement. As far as I see it, the only thing Serra has over Priscilla is earlier jointime/higher level. Even then, it's not by overly much. Reckon Serra would be level 5 by the time the level 3 Priscilla shows up.

Anyway, I remember my first playthrough. I was one of those Marcus spammers. Pent and other prepromotes were thrown in the mix, but at least Pent really is amazing. I also used to think Hector was bad, since I already had Dorcas. I didn't even know Hector was considered a main character until I restarted the game. (due to poorly developed characters) I beat it my second time, if nothing else. My poor sister, she usually gets so close, but the game winds up erasing itself.

some people are just really good or really unlucky/bad at some games, my brother picked up Por cause i left it on, beet it on normal mode without reading the tutoriorals, just keep playing and eventually you will get it, like others said, maybe start on an easyer difficulty/game

Long story short, like everyone else is saying, re-evaluate your playing style. If you're too concentrated on going all out on the enemy, try playing a little more defensively. If you happen to like a certain character that you see, and that very character is at a high level, let other characters grow first. At any rate, learn from your mistakes and build up on them.

Really? I've usually hear debater folk loving that red headed cutie. Then again, they always seem to change their minds about everything. I've always heard Priscilla >> Serra, that horse > no horse, Anima >>> Light, and lots of movement > regular movement. As far as I see it, the only thing Serra has over Priscilla is earlier jointime/higher level. Even then, it's not by overly much. Reckon Serra would be level 5 by the time the level 3 Priscilla shows up.

Nope, as Serra has a massive level lead on Priscilla thanks to Nils and Lyn's Mode. (By the time Priscilla even joins, Serra is around levels 13-17), so Serra is promoting far earlier and becoming an offensive monster. Also, she's likely to get Erk B and possibly even Sain B. Serra ties with Matthew for the best character in the game. However, both Serra and Priscilla are very good, and should be used. <3

Nope, as Serra has a massive level lead on Priscilla thanks to Nils and Lyn's Mode. (By the time Priscilla even joins, Serra is around levels 13-17), so Serra is promoting far earlier and becoming an offensive monster. Also, she's likely to get Erk B and possibly even Sain B. Serra ties with Matthew for the best character in the game. However, both Serra and Priscilla are very good, and should be used. <3

No. If you're S-ranking things, the highest Serra can be by the time you get Priscilla is ~8, if you're lucky. 4 or 5 is more accurate, as you won't be healing every turn. And all of Serra's supports take a long time to build up, so they aren't useful when they're needed most.

You should be healing every turn if possible, and twice is preferred. Seriously though, can we just leave it as "debaters prefer Serra," please?

"If possible." Key words. Someone won't always be hurt. Without Lundgren abuse, Serra isn't likely to scrape level 8.

It is actually possible to heal every turn, at least for me.

besides injuries, there is always someone getting 1+HP on level ups and I use that opportunity to heal.

Healing every turn is the only way a healer can keep up level wise with the rest of the team.

Do you mean he is best for his utility right?

No. If you're S-ranking things, the highest Serra can be by the time you get Priscilla is ~8, if you're lucky. 4 or 5 is more accurate, as you won't be healing every turn. And all of Serra's supports take a long time to build up, so they aren't useful when they're needed most.
"If possible." Key words. Someone won't always be hurt. Without Lundgren abuse, Serra isn't likely to scrape level 8.

Considering you have to Lundgren abuse to get Nils to level 7, Serra has tons of oppurtunities to heal. She's likely level 11-13 upon rejoin, since multiple characters will need healing and Nils allows 22 EXP a turn.

SerraxErk B is slow, but it provides hax ThunderxThunder.

Considering you have to Lundgren abuse to get Nils to level 7, Serra has tons of oppurtunities to heal. She's likely level 11-13 upon rejoin, since multiple characters will need healing and Nils allows 22 EXP a turn.

Problems with that: You aren't S-ranking tactics if you do that with Nils. You may lose out on funds as well as a result of buying heal staves. And you don't want that side chapter anyway because of its zero requirements, so you're possibly hurting your experience rank by having Nils a higher level AND you'll be killing your tactics rank with 19xx, if you can make it there.

Edited by Fox

• 1 month later...

I thought nils had to be level 10 for the secret hector chapter...................which is why my serra is always high leveled. But i still always use prissy.