Do you think Aqua is going to be good at combat?

Espinosa

Feena and Olivia are probably the only two dancers that don't end up growing a lot of res given a sufficient number of levels. Elphin and Lalum could probably grow a little more, but when you remember how tiny the average growth in resistance in their game is, it's actually more of a blessing than a curse too (even if Bolting still means danger). But yeah, their res stats don't start out very high at base.

And we've had plenty of examples of frail lords by now - Micaiah is the obvious one (if you even want to call her a 'lord'), then there's Lyn and Eirika who you wish were a little bulkier. Eliwood, Roy and SD!Marth are quite fragile for people who do efficiency runs on harder difficulties, but end up just bulky enough if you spend enough time in chapters to feed them kills and watch them really grow. I suppose Leif could be cited here, but FE5 isn't a game played by units' stats really, so Leif's other strengths and qualities motivate investing resources into him so that it's not such a problem anymore.

Whoa whoa whoa, people wish Lyn was a little bulkier. I've done 3 playthroughs of FE 7, and Lyn always does better than Eliwood durability wise due to being a unhittable dodgetank, and she did better than hector in one run.

On topic, has it ever been stated her death equals game over. I have been under the impression that Aqua's role would be similar to Ninian's role in FE 7. Highly plot important, doesn't equal game over on death.

Durability wise, I can't really say any thing that hasn't already been stated other than Micaiah is a great example of a frail lord, Lyn is not.

In that case, since there are 6 dragon's vein users per route(estimated of course). Does that mean that there six completely different lord characters each route?

I doubt that; that would just be hard to manage. Kamui for sure, possibly Aqua, and maybe just maybe Marx/Ryouma. The crown would just signify royals/Dragon Vein users, kind of like how a bunch of units had Major Blood in FE4 but only Sigurd/Seliph mattered.

I doubt that; that would just be hard to manage. Kamui for sure, possibly Aqua, and maybe just maybe Marx/Ryouma. The crown would just signify royals/Dragon Vein users, kind of like how a bunch of units had Major Blood in FE4 but only Sigurd/Seliph mattered.

The issue with that idea is that we've seen Sakura with a crown in her status, and she doesn't look like the most important out of the four Hoshido royals.

Then again that might not be true, she does probably join the earliest from what we've seen.

Edited by Cysx

The issue with that idea is that we've seen Sakura with a crown in her status, and she doesn't look like the most important out of the four Hoshido royals.

Then again that might not be true, she does probably join the earliest from what we've seen.

?? I was saying that all royals/Dragon Vein users get crowns, but not all of them are death=Game Over units.

?? I was saying that all royals/Dragon Vein users get crowns, but not all of them are death=Game Over units.

Oh, okay, my bad then.

If she has a decent enough resistance growth to back up her decent resistance base, I could see Aqua being useful against mages at the very least, since lances have weapon triangle advantage over tomes now.

Edited by Carmine Sword

It mostly depends on enemy stats and other variables that we won't know until we have the game, but 17HP/4 Defense isn't a good sign. This is generally what backline units have (archers, mages, healers) and some of them even beat that out (especially in Awakening, which is probably the best comparison). Sumia beats her in every stat except Resistance (which she loses by 1) and she was insanely frail on Lunatic.

With good growths she could end up serviceable, although she'd then suffer from having crappy attack since her weapon rank wasn't going up while she was singing.

Edited by Paperblade