Support Convo Contest: Live 3 or Die Hard!

Snowy_One

5 members have voted

1. 1. Canon X Canon

• Haar X Sigrun
    • Kieran X Marcia
    • Jill X Leonardo
    • Lethe X Lyre
  2. 2. Canon X OC

• Boyd X Leo
    • Ike X Bryan
    • *Ricken X Lucas
    • Anna X Delswin
    • * Christine X Tharja
  3. 3. OC X OC

• *Samba X Torrel
    • Kiel X Keneth
    • Cheng X Syrus
    • * Christine X Robin
    • McDuff X Deckson
  4. 4. Runner Up! (please pick two. Not the same ones you picked above)

• Haar X Sigrun
    • Kieran X Marcia
    • Jill X Leonardo
    • Lethe X Lyre
    • Boyd X Leo
    • Ike X Bryan
    • *Ricken X Lucas
    • Anna X Delswin
    • *Tharja X Christine
    • *Samba X Torrel
    • Kiel X Keneth
    • Cheng X Syrus
    • *Christine X Robin
    • McDuff X Deckson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could still do that yourself, you know, Snowy. :P

I also think that the submissions shouldn't close until there are least 3 entries per category IMO.

This is a good idea too. It's not really a contest when there's only like three entries total. xP

Hey, hey now, writers need to go at their own pace if they want to make sure their stuff doesn't come out too rushed and all. lol

Besides, if anyone needs a whip-cracking in order to produce more writing, it's me. xP

Hey, hey now, writers need to go at their own pace if they want to make sure their stuff doesn't come out too rushed and all. lol

Besides, if anyone needs a whip-cracking in order to produce more writing, it's me. xP

Well then... *gets out whip and handcuffs*

Canon X Canon, Haar x Sigrun, Radiant Dawn, Non-romantic

C Support

Haar: Zzz...snort. Huh? What- oh hello there Commander Sigrun.

Sigrun: That is a most unusual way of preparing for a battle, Sir Haar.

Haar: Just Haar will do. I stopped being a knight quite some time ago, as I'm sure you already know.

Sigrun: Ah right- I am surprised that you developed such an odd behavior. The dracoknights of Begnion are known for harshly disciplining their recruits.

Haar: Oh, I never did the sleeping thing under Commander Shiharam. I was the perfect little soldier- a lot like you actually.

Sigrun: I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or a compliment, coming from you.

Haar: It was more of an observation really. Sometimes the most disciplined soldiers are worse than a gang of bandits, sometimes it's the lone wolf mercenaries you need to watch out for. If there's one thing I've noticed with the Mad King's War and that business with the Laguz Alliance, it's that there are a lot of ways that the common folk can die in the fighting.

Sigrun: Your statement rings true, unfortunately. Come, let us finish this battle quickly so that they do not suffer more.

B support

Haar: I've noticed you watching me Commander Sigrun. Don't worry, I'm not going to fall asleep mid swing.

Sigrun: It's not that. Forgive my rudeness, but as a sworn protector of the apostle I must watch any who may cause her harm. Having betrayed your former allies twice, I do feel that it is my duty to observe you closely.

Haar: I would hardly call General Petrine an ally- that woman would have slaughtered half of Daein to save her own skin.

Sigrun: Fair enough- but what about abandoning Begnion? The dracoknights swear a sacred oath to serve the Senate.

Haar: I swore an oath to serve Commander Shiharam. When he decided to stop following the orders of the Senate, so did I.

Sigrun: So you would follow an oathbreaker?

Haar: Commander Shiharam cared about the people of Tellius- and about us. I can't say either of those things for the senators. After all we've seen your senators do, can you blame him for not wanting to be a pawn in their schemes?

Sigrun: You make a fair point. Perhaps Commander Shiharam's actions were an indicator of what was to come...

A support

Haar: So why do you serve the apostle, Sigrun? Is it because she hears the voice of the Goddess and all that?

Sigrun: That has...not yet proven to be true. So no, I do not follow her for religious reasons.

Haar: So you're following her out of duty to Begnion then?

Sigrun: The Holy Guard is sworn to the service of the apostle. Since the apostle represents the interests of Begnion, one could see my position as a duty to the nation.

Haar: Hmm...so what would you do if she started acting like the senators?

Sigrun: Empress Sanaki would never act in such a vile and underhanded manner. I suggest you choose your words about the apostle more carefully, particularly around Deputy Commander Tanith. She is not as forgiving as I am.

Haar: Ease up, it's a hypothetical question, not an accusation.

Sigrun: When she knelt before Prince Reyson and Princess Leanne in Serenes Forest and apologized for crimes that she did not commit...I had never felt prouder to be in her service. I follow the empress because she strives to do what is right for the people, regardless of what the senators think. I suppose if that were to change, I would have to reconsider my loyalties.

Haar: I see- I may have misjudged you, Sigrun. You follow the person, not the position. I can respect that.

Sigrun: I was wrong in my judgments as well. Your previous desertions were for honorable reasons and I had no cause to doubt your loyalty. I am proud to fight by your side- and to call you friend.

Haar: All right friend, now let's get back to killing those damn senators.

Edited by -Cynthia-

That was interesting, Cynthia! I like both Haar and Sigrun as characters too. I'm surprised you didn't make that romantic though, I can see Haar x Sigrun being a reasonable pairing. Though it's still up to you in the end since this is your support. :P Just saying though, you don't need to be afraid to take a crack at non-canon romances in the future. Getting creative is a beautiful thing, you know? No one's gonna hate you or anything if you like character A better with character C than character B.

But I think Sigrun and Haar are both in character and everything, so I really don't see any glaring issues. Although, right at the end of the A support, did you mean for Sigrun to say "call you a friend" not "call you friend"? That just looked odd to me.

I really wanna go do that Kieran x Marcia romance now...lol

I have no issue with Haar x Sigrun as a romantic pair honestly, but I wrote the S support and didn't like it so I axed it lol. 'I am proud to call you friend' is a grammatically correct phrase *shrug*.

Oh! I think I see. I didn't know that was a correct phrase at all... Huh, learn something new every day! :P

As for the romance idea, I see! That's perfectly fine, sometimes a romance can be tough to write and not have it come out cheesy and dumb. lol

Speaking of romance though, I whipped up that Kieran x Marcia. This S support was so fun. XD Kieran's such a fun character to write! Although, he's also rather tough to write, so I hope I made him and Marcia in character enough. I made callbacks to their support in PoR too, as well as Kieran's PoR support with Rhys. ^^

Kieran x Marcia (Canon x Canon) Support Conversations

C Support

Kieran: Ah, there she is! Heya, Marcia!

Marcia: Oh, Captain Kieran. What’s up? Did General Geoffrey or her majesty need me?

Kieran: Ah, no, I just want to ask you something.

Marcia: Oh?

Kieran: Yes, tell me, why did you leave Begnion and join us? My curiosity beats even my greatness in combat! Don’t the Begnion Pegasus knights swear an oath to serve the Senate and the Apostle?

Marcia: Yeah, normally, they do. But Queen Elincia asked me and my brother to join you guys. You don’t already know all that?

Kieran: Well, of course! But there must be more to it than that! I’m sure there is! It just can’t be that simple when you had such a grand duty in Begnion!

Marcia: *smiling* It is though, I can tell you that! Well, other than those fruitcake senators, I suppose.

Kieran: Hm, valid point, but still! I feel there’s something else you’re hiding! Maybe you saw how great I was and wanted to be near me! You heard stories!

Marcia: Nooo, sorry!

Kieran: Well then, whatever it is, I’ll find it! Or my name isn’t Kieran, Second Commander of the Royal Knights of Crimea! I should go train now and keep living up to that title! See you later!

Marcia: Heh, why was this guy picked as our deputy commander again?

B Support

Marcia: Kieran, honestly, when are you going to stop carving yourself like a turkey?

Kieran: When I die as a proud knight, of course! I can never stop training! But…ah, thank you for helping me heal that wound. It was hindering my concentration a little!

Marcia: You really should be more careful, you know? We can’t have you accidentally killing yourself!

Kieran: Ah, yes… I do remember Rhys telling me something about that! How that’s not the kind of death I should die at all. And that I should relax every now and then…

Marcia: Exactly! Although…

Kieran: Yes?

Marcia: I recalled something we talked about too, after I helped your horse when he was ill during the Mad King’s War. You called him your…”brother-in-arms” was it?

Kieran: Ah, that’s right! And he still is! Your Pegasus is your brother-in-arms too, isn’t she? Or…is that sister-in-arms?

Marcia: Well, you could say that, I suppose. But what I mean is, since I’ve been a knight of Crimea, I’ve noticed that your horse looks happier than most of the others around here.

Kieran: Of course he is! Ever since you helped me back then, I’ve done my best to take good care of him so he doesn't get sick again!

Marcia: That’s great! I see now what you really meant back then, and it’s really noble, you know?

Kieran: D’aww, I’m flattered!

Marcia: Yeah, I wish my sponge-brain brother was more like that. I swear, that no-good fruitcake has the honor of a burnt up piece of wood! He’s still my brother though, so I have to deal with it…

Kieran: Makalov is slacking off a lot, isn’t he? I can’t believe I didn’t notice even through my training! I should help you turn him around! That’s nothing you should be handling by yourself!

Marcia: What? Oh, I don’t know, Kieran… Geoffrey and her majesty haven’t been able to change him much and neither have I. Heck, Ike couldn’t really do anything either, even after Makalov finished working off his debt to him! I don’t want you to trouble yourself.

Kieran: Nonsense! You helped me three years ago, so I should return the favor! And I’m still a superior officer, so it’s my job to discipline the troops when needed! Makalov just hasn’t seen me beat down on him yet! And the great Kieran can handle anything!

Marcia: Weeeell, if you say so. Good luck!

A Support

Kieran: Blast it, he did it again! Empty wine bottles!

Marcia: See, I told you Makalov is a real piece of work.

Kieran: Yeah, even after how many times I’ve forced him to train with us or just me, he still manages to sneak off and find some wine or leave a mess or who knows what else!

Marcia: Yep. Are you sure you’re not chasing a lost cause here though, Kieran?

Kieran: Absolutely positive! We’ll get there. True knights never give up! And the great Kieran never gives up! Besides, if I succeed, I’d be proving that greatness in some way, wouldn’t I?

Marcia: Really? But Kieran, you don’t need to prove anything to me. Or anyone else. You’re our deputy commander, obviously General Geoffrey and some others see some greatness in you!

Kieran: Perhaps, but isn’t there always room for improvement and growth? Always some goal you want to meet? A rival you maybe want to best?

Marcia: You’re still on that so-called rivalry with Oscar?

Kieran: Yes! I am and that squinty-eyed fiend will always be my rival! But there’s more to it than that! Growing up, I was the youngest of three siblings. We were a horse-breeding family, and bred the finest horses around! They were such beauties, they were. My father and brother were also knights of Crimea. I wanted so much to be like them too. But they would belittle me and make fun of me and say I was hopeless.

Marcia: Really? Why did they do that to you? That sounds so mean. And what about your mom and other sibling?

Kieran: Ah, my dear mother and sister. They believed in me, despite that I had some accidents trying to learn to ride and fight. But they knew I was going to keep trying and never give up. They saw strength in me, not weakness, unlike my foolish father and brother! From that point on, I vowed to keep training, keep trying, and one day prove that they were wrong and prove my mother and sister right. And you know what?

Marcia: What?

Kieran: My father and brother both died early in the Mad King’s War. They were lost during the invasion of Melior. And me? I’m still here and helping to command the knights of Crimea!

Marcia: Wow… You’re right, you did prove them wrong! I had no idea at all about this, Kieran. I used to wonder why Geoffrey and Queen Elincia chose you to be the deputy commander, but now I think I see. You really are the great Kieran in some ways!

Kieran: Of course I am! Even my mother and sister say the same, that I’m my mother’s great son and my sister’s great brother! Huzzah!

Marcia: Heh… I bet they do!

S Support

Kieran: Marcia, beautiful Pegasus knight of Crimea, would you allow I, the great Kieran to take your hand in marriage? …Argh, that sounds cheesy! So cheesy! I have to do this someday though, or else Oscar will beat me to getting married too!

Marcia: Hee hee! Kieran, you’re not just a great knight, you’re a funny one too!

Kieran: Aaaah! M-Marcia! You heard me?!

Marcia: By complete accident, but yeah. I just wanted to talk to you again.

Kieran: Ah… Sure! Of course! You can talk to me about anything!

Marcia: Heh, stop shaking like a wet dog and I’ll tell you.

Kieran: Er, ahem! Sorry about that.

Marcia: I just want to thank you, Kieran.

Kieran: Oh?

Marcia: Even though it’s still going to take some more work to turn Makalov around, I have to thank you for everything you’re doing for me.

Kieran: Ah, of course! It’s my job to help anyone in need as a great knight of Crimea! And… I…uh, kind of really wanted to help you.

Marcia: So I can see! Kieran, you’re something alright! And that something is…*smiles* a really honorable and sweet man.

Kieran: *smiling* Aww, really?

Marcia: Yeah! And in battle, I’ve seen you take on any enemy without hesitation. You’re not afraid to try anything at all, are you? I don’t think I’ve ever seen such bravery in my entire life.

Kieran:

Marcia: What’s the matter?

Kieran: I’m…just at a loss for words! I’ve never been praised like this before. Not even by General Geoffrey. And he’s been my friend for a long time!

Marcia: Heh, I see. Well, now you are getting this praise!

Kieran: Ha! I am! Thank you so much! Now…erm… Marcia…

Marcia: Yeeesss?

Kieran: Uh…oh for goddess’s sake, my heart aches for you! I’ve fallen victim to that most pesky thing they call love! Would you do me, the great Kieran, the honor of being my bride?

Marcia: Oh Kieran, you cracker-brain, I will!

Kieran: Ah, r-really?!

Marcia: How can I say no? I’m starting to think now…you were a reason I joined the Crimean knights. I just didn’t know it at the time. But that bravery of yours was more admirable than anything I’d ever seen. I wondered why I could so easily leave Begnion and come here, now I know! And you finally know too!

Kieran: Huzzah! Nay, a thousand huzzahs! This is the most joyous day of my life! And you’re right! I had forgotten in my attempts to discipline your brother that I wanted to find that out! I knew it was me all along!

Marcia: Heh, of course you did, you lovable oaf. Huzzah!

Ending

After the war, Kieran and Marcia were married as soon as possible. Marcia still had to put up with her husband’s loud and proud antics in the castle, but there was no one Kieran spoke more fondly of throughout his life than his “amazing, beautiful wife and great Pegasus knight, Marcia!”

Oh, btw, that backstory Kieran gives, I came up with most of that myself some time ago. The horse breeding part was the only bit my co-author gave me. Also, notice any parallels with Oscar's backstory? ;)

Edited by Anacybele

I actually have an entry for each category now! Here's my canon x OC. :) I decided to do Ike and Bryan for this one. I'm using Ike again because I chose Bryan, and I picked Bryan because I'd mentioned him in a couple entries already and decided it was about time I actually USED him in one of my entries. lol He's my favorite out of all my OCs too. And he and Ike have some interesting things in common... Heh heh. Anyway, Bryan is a lancer and one of the main characters. He commands a platoon of soldiers in Talgria and was raised only by his father. The identity of his mother remains a mystery for a long time. This entry is more so focused on some development for Ike since Bryan's development mainly happens outside of supports, but I tried to develop him a bit here too. Major spoilers for my fic are in here though, just to warn everyone!

Btw, mentioned are Bryan's childhood best friend, Skye, and his love interest, Faline. Skye is a hot-headed and harsh archer while Faline is an optimistic and cheerful Pegasus knight from Cilae that has a crush on Bryan prior to the story's events and...wins his heart. :3

Ike/Bryan (Canon x OC) Support Conversations

C Support

Ike: HA! Hya!

Bryan: Heya, Ike. Training hard, I see!

Ike: Oh, Bryan. What’s up? I hope you’re not trying to ask me for an autograph or anything.

Bryan: Haha, no, don’t worry. I know how you are about your fame. I respect that.

Ike: Ah, good, thanks. It’s just that’s rather overwhelming and annoying at times, you know? I just wanted to be a simple mercenary in my father’s company, not…some celebrity that everyone and their mother admires.

Bryan: I understand. Is it really that bad though?

Ike: Yeah! When people met me, they’d be like “oh my goddess, the great Sir Ike! I can’t believe I’m in your presence!” and such. Or, I’d have all sorts of people trying to hire me at the same time. I used to have women come to me almost every day too because they think I’m handsome and heroic and other things like that. I couldn’t tell them I was already with Elincia for…certain reasons that she doesn’t want me talking about. And understandably so. I don’t really like talking about it either.

Bryan: Ah, I see… That does sound rough. And I admit to being curious about what was going on with you and Elincia back then, but I won’t dig for details. Still, I don’t think I’d have any trouble if I gained a little fame.

Ike: Ha, I’d love to see if that’s true, to be honest. Just to see how someone else would handle being in my shoes. So, what did you come to talk to me about?

Bryan: Yeah, well, I’m more like infamous among people that know me, sadly, so I doubt I’ll be the one to give you that. Anyway, I was wondering if you proposed to Elincia yet. I just kinda want to know if she liked that ring I helped you get!

Ike: Ah, I haven’t done so… I just haven’t figured out how to go about it. I know nothing about these sorts of things. Heck, it took me a long time just to realize I loved her!

Bryan: Heh, well, you’ll be ready soon enough, I’m sure! And I see no reason why Elincia would say no anyway.

Ike: Yeah, you have a point there. Thanks again, by the way. *smiling* Just make sure you keep your mouth shut about it until I do so. Your blabbermouth almost blew my cover!

Bryan: Eh heh, yeah, sorry about that. I was never any good with secrets. But you’re welcome!

B Support

Bryan: Man, it just had to be me…

Ike: Heh, what we were talking about some time ago came back to bite you in the butt, didn’t it? Big time too, I might add. First you got a lot of praise after what you did in Cilae, and now you find out you’re a prince. Royal blood is huge, Bryan!

Bryan: Yeah, yeah… I have women after me too now! And while I’m already with Faline, no less! I’m even afraid to go back to Narcoss, I heard everybody there is talking about me now! I’d have people all over me there!

Ike: See? I told you being famous was no cakewalk.

Bryan: Yeah… And sadly, royals are pretty much famous by default. I’m going to have to live with it for the rest of my life. Especially when I officially take Astryn’s throne.

Ike: True. Don’t worry too much about it though, you have a lot of support around you. Faline especially. I’m amazed at how cheerful and positive she can be even right in the middle of a battle. She truly loves you like no other person can, Bryan. And then there’s Skye, who you’d been close friends with since you were kids. Even if he is a tad harsh at times.

Bryan: Yeah… I’m a lucky man. Faline’s amazing. And Skye is just like that, don’t worry. He always means well. You and I have quite a bit in common now, though, don’t we? Girlfriends, fame, saving a country from a potential usurper…

Ike: I know, it’s actually pretty crazy.

Bryan: Yeah, the only difference there is our bloodlines.

Ike: Indeed. By the way, how are you holding up after finding out about that? You were pretty shocked. Heck, I think we all were, but you were most of all, I imagine.

Bryan: Well, it’s not easy dealing with it… I still don’t really know a lot about what I have to do to bring Astryn back from the slump that it's in. But I’m slowly coping. And I take pride in knowing that I have a chance to help so many people and bring hope to them.

Ike: Hmm…

Bryan: Well, I’m going to go train and see what help my father and my advisors can offer me right now. I’ll see you around!

Ike: Alright, good luck! And the rest of us are still here for you too, don’t forget.

Bryan: Heh, right!

A Support

Ike: Hey, Bryan. Or, should I be calling you your highness or something?

Bryan: Oh, Ike. Don’t worry, I’m still getting used to all this. It’s fine if you just call me Bryan.

Ike: Alright then. I know you’re really busy lately, but do you have a moment to talk?

Bryan: Oh, sure. I think we can take a few minutes. What’s on your mind?

Ike: Well, I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said before.

Bryan: Hm?

Ike: I mean about how you’re taking pride in helping a lot of people and giving them hope despite the fame. I realized that’s a really good way to look at it.

Bryan: Oh? Heh, I guess that’s why you went and thumped your chest and shouted that you’re the hero of Tellius in that one battle against the Red Claw bandits.

Ike: Heh, sort of. I started wondering if maybe I just wasn’t allowing myself to look at the virtues of it all and was too busy trying to avoid the downsides of it. It really is great to make a difference in so many people’s lives. I actually feel…really good about that.

Bryan: I see. I feel that way too, of course. I’m glad to hear this from you!

Ike: I bet. I guess what I’m saying is that this is what I was meant to do, so I have to accept it. If it’s my duty to be a hero to a lot of people, that’s what I’ll keep doing. I still want to stay a mercenary though, of course. I’ll just have to figure out how to squeeze in enough time for everyone that wants my help.

Bryan: That’s a good mindset! I’m going to do the same and do my best to be the king that Astryn needs in the future. No matter how hard it may be.

Ike: Right! Oh, but I’m not changing my attitude on autographs!

Bryan: Ha, I didn’t think you would. That just didn’t seem like your thing. By the way, can I have a good spar against you? I’ve been curious about how my skills would match up to yours! I also hear people saying we ought to go up against each other in a sort of showdown anyway, and see which famous warrior is stronger!

Ike: Hey, not a bad idea! A spar with you at this point ought to be quite the challenge. Can it just be a friendly match though? I don’t want to compete.

Bryan: Ah, of course. As a sign of friendship?

Ike: *smiling* As a sign of friendship. Prepare yourself, Emerald Prince!

Bryan: Way ahead of you, Blue Flame!

(Just to point out, Blue Flame is the nickname I came up with for Ike before the whole Radiant Hero business. lol And Bryan's nickname is due to his mostly green color scheme. His armor is green, his hair is an olive green, and his eyes are green. And Narcoss is the town where Bryan grew up.)

Edited by Anacybele

I'll be throwing in my writing. I've got them all written out but refining a couple and making sure I keep in character for the canon characters.

OC x OC, Cheng x Syrus, medieval fantasy setting not Fire Emblem

Cheng – a placeholder name for the protagonist I’m writing for a book. Antisocial and blunt, Cheng welcomes few and bonds with even fewer. Hardly corrects people on their mistakes or assumptions.

Syrus – also placeholder name for a main character. He seems to be carefree and friendly. Is in search of something intangible.

They are young rulers of their respective nations, with Cheng being newly crowned just before a war started.

[spoiler=C support]
Syrus: Aha! Finally found you! You’re that guy that defeated me before.

Cheng: Okay.

Syrus: Er… that’s not something you say “okay” to. Anyways! I think it’s high time we had ourselves a rematch.

Cheng: Don’t see the point. You lost.

Syrus: Yeah, yeah, I lost, but I thought you were someone else. I had him figured out—but he beat me. He was so strong, and he didn’t even have to get off his horse.

Cheng: …

Syrus: I don’t know why you two looked so similar, but I know now that you and he are different. That’s why I want a rematch. One where I judge you on your skills.

Cheng: …Fine.

Syrus: Huh?

Cheng: It gives me some excuse to train and beat you to the ground.

Syrus: As if. Come at me!

[black out and then fade in]

Syrus: Argh! Why can’t I win?!

Cheng: Here’s some tea.

Syrus: Tea?

Cheng: Gratitude for training with me.

Syrus: You’re… a strange one.

Cheng: You need to relax. You’re tense when you fight.

Syrus: Am I?

Cheng: It’s kava. It’ll help with your pain. And you don’t stretch before a fight, so your muscles need to relax.

Syrus: …

Cheng: Or maybe you want St. Maira’s Wort tea. For depression.

Syrus: I’m not depressed! No, I was just thinking. There are no men that I know of that know their herbs like you do.

Cheng: Oh.

Syrus: But that’s not a bad thing. That’s a compliment. I always support a diverse pool of knowledge.

Cheng: I see. Well, thanks.

Syrus: Anytime! And let’s keep on training like this, all right?

Cheng: Sure.

[spoiler=B support]
Syrus: Hey there, Cheng. Say, you’re related to Sue, aren’t you?

Cheng: Yeah.

Syrus: You two look very similar. I asked her about if she had a brother—you know, that guy I said looked very similar to you too—but she said all she had was a sister. But she must be playing a trick on me or something. She said you were the sister!

Cheng: She’s not wrong.

Syrus: Huh? Wait. WAIT. WHAT?!

Cheng: This is amusing.

Syrus: “Amusing” that I’ve been wrong this entire time?! Why didn’t you say anything?!

Cheng: You never asked.

Syrus: So that’s my fault?!

Cheng: You just assumed I was a man all on your own.

Syrus: But all the times I kept saying you were a man, it didn’t cross your mind to tell me that you weren’t?

Cheng: It did cross.

Syrus: And?! So what’s the excuse?!

Cheng: You went with your assumption despite never asking. You still would have gone with it even if you were never corrected. I don’t plan on ever seeing you again after the war. It would hurt nothing.

Syrus: You… What if I wanted to see you again after the war?

Cheng: No reason to do so.

Syrus: I… I thought we were comrades. You know, friends...

Cheng: ...

Syrus: I sometimes have talks with Sue. She tells me that you hate people. That you can hardly bother with people because you are too selfish. I didn’t want to believe it. Not after what we’ve done. The sparring, the tea, or the times you backed me up in battle. But now, I can certainly believe it.

Syrus: I’m getting sick of this atmosphere. Bye.

Cheng: She’s wrong.

Syrus: Huh?

Cheng: I don’t hate people. I have a different reason to not bother with people. But if you and she would rather believe that, then go ahead. This won’t be the last time someone would rather believe someone else’s word.

Syrus: Cheng! Gods, what I am supposed to do?

[spoiler=A support]
Syrus: Will you just listen!

Cheng: Leave me alone! I’ll tell that straight to your face. Leave. Me. Be.

Syrus: Not until you hear me out.

Cheng: No.

Syrus: Fine, then I’ll listen to you.

Cheng: What?

Syrus: That’s it, isn’t it? You hate that people go with their perceptions and other people’s judgment rather than from the person. It’s only come to me now. That’s what you’re angry about.

Syrus: But you’re not in the right either. You have to realize that. People make mistakes all the time. And assumptions… they’re there because otherwise there would be an infinite amount of possibilities. We go with what’s easiest—but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed and be all in the past, right?

Cheng: ...

Syrus: Ha. I guess you hate me.

Cheng: No.

Syrus: No?

Cheng: Sorry. I shouldn’t have… I shouldn’t have let things go uncorrected. I may have wanted for someone to just stop assuming things, but that’s impossible. I wanted the impossible. I wanted… someone to stop hating me.

Syrus: Why would anyone hate you?

Cheng: You and I might come from holy lineages, but you are not scorned as much as me. My ancestor, Lowe, was said to have killed your ancestor Matthew and another. Since then, rebellions and civil wars between my house and the people after the crop failures and financial strife. Sue is my full-blooded sister, but she was raised elsewhere. She doesn’t have the stigma. She doesn’t have the same experiences I did.

Syrus: …

Cheng: Just by name, just by looks, I’ve been hated. To avoid that means hiding under this hood. What’s a harmless assumption that I’m a man going to do compared to stigma? Those before me that tried to change our reputation were killed. What would change in attempting to correct it? The people only want to believe what they want to believe.

Syrus: Some don’t.

Cheng: Huh?

Syrus: That’s the people you should look for. The people who will change upon hearing you. Not everyone is willing to, and it may be hard to find the people who are willing to, but I’m certain that you’ll find them.

Cheng: I see.

Syrus: I’ll be one of those people. Count me as your supporter.

Cheng: I can’t--

Syrus: We’re from holy lineages. We have powers no one else has. And you have the support of someone whose ancestor yours supposedly killed. That should be enough for now, right?

Cheng: Yes… Yes, thank you.

Syrus: But all this gloom is really dragging my spirits down. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to be that sad either. How’s about some of that tea of yours?

Cheng: Okay. But is my knowledge of teas less impressive now that I’m a woman?

Syrus: Not in the slightest! Perhaps I should rephrase and say that I hardly know anyone as knowledgeable on herbs as you.

Cheng: Heh. Good enough. Good enough for now.

[spoiler=S support]
Cheng: Good morning, Syrus.

Syrus: Oh! Morning, Cheng. Wow. That’s unlike you to approach me first.

Cheng: Been feeling a lot better since that talk.

Syrus: I bet you would have. You had a lot of weight on your shoulders.

Cheng: The weights weren’t heavy enough then. My shoulders aren’t bulging out of the sleeves.

Syrus: Did… did you just crack a joke?

Cheng: I’m not entirely humorless. Sheesh.

Syrus: That’s just… no, I just didn’t think you were capable of cracking one—but that must mean I’ve got a long way to go on figuring you out.

Cheng: Suppose you do.

Syrus: Say Cheng?

Cheng: Mm?

Syrus: As your supporter, that means the gates to your kingdom are open to me, aren’t they?

Cheng: They’re about open to anyone.

Syrus: Well, me.

Syrus: W-What?

Cheng: What you’re really asking for… yes, the gates are open to you.

Syrus: Really?

Cheng: Not now. The war is here. That’s where your mind should be.

Syrus: Right. Right.

Cheng: Come visit me anytime. Our nations will have quite a bit of catching up to do.

Syrus: Indeed they will.

Alright, since we've gotten several entries now, I'll list them here since they haven't been added to the OP.

Canon x Canon

Sigrun/Haar

Kieran/Marcia

Canon x OC

Boyd/Leo

Ike/Bryan

OC x OC

Samba/Torrel

McDuff/Deckson

Kiel/Kenth

Cheng/Syrus

I think that's all of them. We need more entries for canon x OC and canon x canon!

Edited by Anacybele

Rather hesitant to submit these. Always get nervous for submitting any canon character writings.

Canon x OC, Ricken x Lukas, Awakening, non-romantic

Lukas – another one of those characters for that book. Having to take care of his father who was paralyzed from the waist down, he’s had a lot of responsibilities thrust on him. Its shot his socialization skills but he still tries to be friendly despite the stammers and pauses. Sometimes speaks faster than he thinks. Can get excited easily.

Ricken – brushed up on his character by reading his supports. I tried to write a support that didn’t revolve around his “I’m not a kid!” complex, like a lot of his supports do. I was able to derive a determination for work and a willingness to learn new skills or knowledge (Ricken/Gregor; Ricken/Tharja; Ricken/Cherche; Ricken/Cordelia; Ricken/Panne; Ricken/Miriel; Ricken/Lissa).

[spoiler=C support]
Lukas: …

Ricken: Lukas, hi. What brings you out into the fields?

Lukas: Oh… I’m… I’m drawing. Y-You?

Ricken: I’m gathering ingredients for a potion. But hey, you can draw? Let me see!

Lukas: S-Sure…

Ricken: Wow! There’s such detail in the mountains and fields. The river is sparkling like it is in the picture. This is great!

Lukas: Thanks you.

Ricken: But doesn’t it get hard to draw? We move around so often.

Lukas: Not to mention having the sun in different places each day, yes. I have to use my imagination sometimes to recreate the source.

Ricken: It would be great if I could draw this good.

Lukas: If you practiced…

Ricken: Oh no, I wouldn’t have the time. I’m still studying and practicing magic. I also keep track of the army records. No pain, no gain—and wouldn’t I give to gain a few inches taller for the work I put in.

Lukas: Oh… Well… When you get the time off, you should start practicing. You could become really good if you try.

Ricken: But I need to keep working. Training to become a skilled magician and royal advisor doesn’t allow much free time. Soon I’ll be the right-hand man that Chrom can depend on.

Lukas: I see…

[spoiler=B support]
Ricken: Mm…

Lukas: M-Morning, Ricken.

Ricken: Hello--Argh, I messed up again.

Lukas: That’s a lot of parchment on the floor. W-What’s wrong?

Ricken: I’ve been working on these records each night. Now my hand keeps cramping up and making mistakes. It ruins the entire record. So here I go. Starting from scratch. Again.

Lukas: But… from what I’ve seen, you’re practicing magic from daybreak to evening. And now you say you work at night too. You don’t mean that… you’ve been working until the candles are no more than wicks?

Ricken: Well, yes. I do get proper sleep—can’t work without it—but I do work every day like that.

Lukas: Ricken, I… I suggest you take a break.

Ricken: I can’t afford that.

Lukas: You could afford thirty minutes or an hour…

Ricken: I said I can’t—

Lukas: L-Look at that pile of torn parchment on the floor. I-It’s a mountain! You might have buried a wyvern under it. I mean… I see some kind of tail sticking out... And you need to watch your health! Your health is very important. And-And I really think you need a break. That pile will only get bigger if you keep messing up like this.

Ricken: You’re right. I should do something other than work.

Ricken: …

Ricken: …I don’t know what to do now.

Lukas: What do you do for fun?

Ricken: Practice magic? Write records?

Lukas: N-No that’s… Well… How about we start drawing? I could teach you.

Ricken: You would really do that?

Lukas: It could be fun for the both of us. Besides… uh… just because you’re starting doesn’t mean I’m not practicing. I’m always in need of practicing the basics.

Ricken: Even you?! Well if you insist. Yes! Let’s get drawing. Whip out the parchment, Lukas!

[spoiler=A support]
Ricken: Hey, Lukas! I have myself a new picture.

Lukas: Nice!

Ricken: What do you think? I tried to get a cat that happened to be nearby. She sat perfectly still for me.

Lukas: It’s good. It’s a bit stiff in its front legs, but it’s a big improvement over your first work.

Ricken: Ha! I think anything could be better than that one. That one was more blob than squirrel.

Lukas: I wouldn’t say that…

Ricken: Would you say I’m making big progress in the short amount of time I’ve been learning?

Lukas: Yes! You actually learn really quickly, Ricken. I’m impressed.

Ricken: Do you think I could be a great artist by the time the war is over?!

Lukas: I-I don’t know about that…

Ricken: Wouldn’t that be great? Ricken: Ylisse’s Greatest Magician, Royal Advisor, and Artist--all in one! Ha! Eventually I should be able to draw my own creatures and landscapes from my mind! Then that creativity could be helpful for my magic! And then I could write better entries in the records! And then…!!

Lukas: I thought this was supposed to be just to have fun… I think I only made it worse… Haha… Ha…

Canon x Canon, Jill x Leonardo, Radiant Dawn, non-romantic

Jill – read up her supports in PoR and tried to read what little script she had in RD. In regards to a Leo support, this was hard to derive much useful personality from. She’s mindful of titles for superiors (Jill/Haar) and continues it in RD. Jill in RD seems to have matured; she’s able to speak more confidently (since Jill/Lethe) and her emotions have stabilized (since Jill/Mist)—but I could see she might get an occasional thought about her past actions. After all, they cost her her father by the Crimean (possibly her) hands and she temporarily went back on Daein.

Leonardo – being one of the RD-exclusive characters, he was really hard to find personality that wasn’t just “serious.” He’s the Blue Oni to Ed’s Red Oni--the calm one to the brash one (“Dawn Brigade” base convo). Leo is not afraid to point out that someone shouldn’t have done something (“reckless” from 1-P). He is sort of a realist/pessimist (“Dawn Brigade” base convo) to counter Edward’s optimism. Leo does care about the Dawn Brigade and doesn’t shirk from duties (coming to Micaiah and Ed’s aid in 1-P).

Here I’m going to be referring to details from the Designer’s Notes for Leonardo. His notes are pretty short (about a paragraph) but I wanted to incorporate details that should have arisen from support convos. Here are the Designer’s Notes of the whole Dawn Brigade and the initial members.

[spoiler=C support]
Leonardo: A dracoknight. I wonder who that is.

Jill: Easy does it, girl. I know it has been a while since we’ve been in a fight, but you need to get your battle wings back into shape.

Leonardo: You’re up early, Miss Dracoknight.

Jill: Oh! Sorry. I didn’t notice you there. There’s no need for the formalities. I’m Jill.

Leonardo: And I’m Leonardo. Pleasure to meet you. Thank you for keeping the prince safe in the desert.

Jill: And thank you for coming to our aid. I don’t know how much longer we could have lasted without support.

Leonardo: We didn’t do much--Oh.

Jill: Is something wrong, Leonardo?

Leonardo: Your wyvern crushed some flowers.

Jill: Did she now? Oh, and they were such pretty ones too. Was there something important about the flowers?

Leonardo: These ones in particular could be used as a temporary salve.

Jill: I’ve never heard of them. You must be proficient in plants.

Leonardo: Oh no. I just know some small things here and there.

Jill: As a dracoknight, I’m cautious of the weather and wind conditions than what’s on the ground. Perhaps you should teach me a few things about plants. It would be nice to know how to heal myself for a short while. I'm usually scouting ahead of everyone, sometimes out of range of a healer.

Leonardo: That might be good. You could teach me what it feels like to fly on a wyvern.

Jill: Sure thing!

[spoiler=B support]
Leonardo: And these berries can be crushed into a sweet juice. But it’s very similar-looking to a berry that has a potent poison that could kill a wyvern such as yours.

Jill: So how do we tell which is the right one?

Leonardo: The one without poison is slightly more purple than the other. If you would rather not take that risk, there’s a bulbous red fruit that takes different nutrients from the berries and thrives near them. See? Here they are.

Jill: My. You’re quite knowledgeable despite what you say, Leonardo.

Leonardo: What about you, Jill? You must know some things about nature.

Jill: I wish. Talrega is too unpredictable for plants to grow.

Leonardo: You said Talrega?

Jill: Yes. That is where I’m from.

Leonardo: Yes, Talrega… It has landslides and switches from sun to snow too often. It’s hard for a diversity of plants to consistently grow there.

Jill: Why yes… Were you from Talrega, Leonardo? Not a lot of people outside of that area know of its harsh conditions.

Leonardo: I’ve been there before. It may not have the best crop conditions, but the game is serviceable if you know where to look. Just at the base of the mountain are hare burrows and along the stream is the occasional caribou.

Jill: Leonardo, you didn’t just go there on a visit. You’re quite intimate with the area.

Leonardo: Ah… well…

Jill: Don’t feel pressured to tell me anything. I wasn't trying to pry.

Leonardo: Thank you, Jill.

[spoiler=A support]
Leonardo: I heard from Sothe some about the Mad King’s War. You fought with him under Ike, didn’t you?

Jill: I did.

Leonardo: And in Talrega, the Crimean army defeated your father.

Jill: Yes.

Leonardo: Why did you go against your country? Why did you raise your weapon at your father?

Jill: I at first fought for pride of my country. I wanted to be a true Daein soldier. I followed after General Ike’s ship heading towards Begnion. Their ship was caught in some reefs, and the nearby dragon laguz helped them out of it. I witnessed firsthand that laguz were not as evil as the schools taught me to believe.

Leonardo: And so firsthand you wanted to know the truth yourself.

Jill: You are correct. It eventually led to fighting my father. For following my new path, I became a traitor to Daein. Even now, I get the occasional doubt if what I did was right.

Leonardo: That’s to be expected. I don’t think you’re a bad person—at least now I don’t think you a bad person. I would have thought you a filthy traitor needing to die back in the Mad King’s War. It is good I’ve met you now—the Jill that is helping Daein despite having fought against them. You and I fought for our beliefs in the Mad King’s War.

Jill: What do you mean?

Leonardo: After the Mad King’s War, the school I was in came under the control of the Occupation Army. My peers were being sent to the prison camps—but a few others and I escaped. We dodged them as much as we could. In case of emergencies, a colleague who specialized in Daein’s geography and another in wildlife taught us things we needed to know as we got captured one by one.

Jill: I never would have guessed...

Leonardo: We ran to Talrega. We didn’t know how bad Talrega’s land was.

Jill: Talrega?! On foot without much knowledge?!

Leonardo: To us, it was run or lay down like dogs. We all kept running until I was the last one to still not be caught by the enemy. I made it to Nevassa. I was finally safe.

Jill: You were brave, Leonardo.

Leonardo: I was completely reckless—stupid even—but I would certainly do it again. It was thanks to the knowledge my friends gave me.

Jill: Don’t discredit yourself though. You could have given in at any point, but you kept your resolve strong.

Leonardo: I suppose you could think it that way. Thank you, Jill. Right now, all I can hope for is that my friends in the prison camps are still alive and do my part on the battlefield. Every day I’m glad to be here--alive.

Jill: As am I! And we shall restore Daein to its former glory!

Leonardo: Yes! For Daein!

Edit: Oh yes, and I definitely would like some critiquing. If anyone is willing. :)

Edited by Dual Dragons

I like the amount of detail you put into 'researching' the canon characters- I also comb through support convos, base convos, and the script to get a feel for how the character talks and backstory details.

I'll probably critique all entries briefly once voting starts.

I like how much research you did too! That's a good idea when you decide you want to use characters that you're not all that familiar with. :)

But we now have at least three entries in each category! Woohoo. ^^

Edited by Anacybele