Oi I did some things

I'm gay dabadeedabada

from oldest to newest

1677_0000.png

8408_000.png

61_0.png

690_00.png

note: a couple of these are still in the status where I need to revise them

first is a splice, second has a little bit of hair from I forgot who, rest are full custom and i'm 90% sure they're the wrong size

Edited by Yasako

Ayyyy shiny #1~ I like the variety and color choices ^^

If these are for hacking/standard, the last girl is definitely too tall in placement. In general scale afaik, #1 is a little undersized, #2 is about right, #3 and #4 are slightly larger but those are also my favorites as far as overall composition and execution goes (aside from #3's shoulders).

Ayyyy shiny #1~ I like the variety and color choices ^^

If these are for hacking/standard, the last girl is definitely too tall in placement. In general scale afaik, #1 is a little undersized, #2 is about right, #3 and #4 are slightly larger but those are also my favorites as far as overall composition and execution goes (aside from #3's shoulders).

#3 had to be destroyed to fit in the hackbox. Here's an older version: 1768_kalas.png It still has quite a few flaws, especially since it wasn't tidied up a little bit like the hacked up version (I noticed more errors after I decimated his shoulders). I couldn't replicate the shoulderpad after resizing his body because I'm a scrub

As for #4, I forgot to crop out the parts that I drew in to make it easier to visualize her cloak and cravat.

Do you think there's something out there as far as a "guide to Fire Emblem head sizes"? That'd be useful and also hilarious.

My color choices and designs are pretty anime though.

I'm also really jealous of how neatly some of you do the coloring and shading. It's really smooth. Although it doesn't look very GBA FE-ish, but that's because the GBA FE mugs weren't that polished anyway.

Also I totally forgot but #2 is a splice too in that I have like basically a 9x16 rectangle of someone's hair in there somewhere

Edited by Yasako

Yes, anime, goood~

As for shading, yeah, you could smooth the lines you have a bit more (the collar lines of #2 and #3, and shoulderpad+blindfold lines for #3 stick out a lot). Typically I don't think you ought to be using the outline color inside the sprite much at all unless it's the for the blue or a really deep shadow. You can use the darkest skintone to replace the outline on the trim and the skinside of the collarline, but I'm not sure if using the darkest grey will work for the clothside of the collar or not.

Do you think there's something out there as far as a "guide to Fire Emblem head sizes"? That'd be useful and also hilarious.

Nope! (As far as I think.) Although you can slap the particular mug onto a new layer on the master sheet and stack it over a close match, then toggle visibility on/off a few times to compare. Or just pull close mugs and compare.

Edited by Lenh

Hello Yasako, seems like you're the one that Hanrei mentioned.

Firstly, nice job!

Next, I'm the guy who did the original blindfold guy that Hanrei asked you to remake, I'm awe-stricken by that sheer talent of remaking a mug.

Now, for the actual cnc

In order from top to bottom.

1. I can tell this is likely your first splice, and so far it's a good attempt, the flaws I can see are: Hairs are too "slicked" across his head there need to be a clean split where your hair parts from each other. Neck should not be in same realm as the collar cloth that covers them, they should be either one pixel inside the cloth or more. (better to expand the cloth than shrinking the neck in this case) The neck also makes him look like he's leaning backward with his head making it feels out of place in this particular posture.

2. First noticeable flaw... NECK TOO LONG! GIRAFEE MUG WHERE. He has the same problem as the above in term of head leaning, where in this case he's leaning forward without the posture to match. (I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS A GIRL but Hanrei remanded me after I pointed it out when he linked a video with the mug in it.) I also believe you have a case of pillow shading on the right shoulder (pov)

3. The mug that remade mine, eeek! Can't wait to critique this. First up... The right collar (pov) is shaded rather poorly, but i can see that it's difficult task, try changing it up a bit, Matthew (fe7) thief collar can be a good reference I believe. Last error is on the left shoulder (pov still) it feels rather small to clearly show an arm frame. You can argue he's holding it in a slingback to heal a fracture or something nastier but that's not the case here is it?

4. It appears that you wanted a small girl, you should at least match that to the general "mug" limitation and make her actually small rather than make her tall compared to others, hahaha... (i thought the same but it seems no one like chibi people taking up full hackbox space :( ) The shawl is really well done though. Try and shade her hair a bit more, a particular portion of the hair is just one color, but that's your style, keep it if you want. It's just a comment from me.

Overall... Good job! Looking forward to more of your remake of my mugs for Hanrei. (I made a new one just recently, I wonder if you can make him even more badass than he is right now. :U)

Oooooh, I'm really liking those battle-poses! Reminds me of the Chemist from Final Fantasy Tactics. What sort of frames would they have at melee range? Or would they be similar to a Mage in that they have the same poses no matter at one, two, or ten range?

I think you have something pretty good going on. I just suggest adding a little motion to the basic attack becasue atm she's like a robot with an arm that moves alone without disturbing the rest of the body. Also, just raising the flask iskinda boring, imo. Just a though.

• 3 months later...

When it comes to doing custom heads or faces, for me I usually don't really have a clue when it comes to proportions and the like, so I rough ball the indent of the bottom lip which is usually 5 or 6 pixels from the jawline?

Ish.

Then the mouth is like, one or two above that, then two above the mouth is the bottom of the nose. Then just work your way up until it looks alright.

I saw a video of a spriter who drew two big circles to form a head from scratch, so maybe if you wanna go that route then polish up on yo' circles.

His mouth doesn't really look very centered, a bit too far to our right. The jacket collar area looks like it's straight on, but it's not. I think the far side needs to curve away some.

• 5 months later...

suniadsf.png

trim fuckboy who needs frames redone

VS

etrtyrgdht.png

the exact same sprite but with a pixel taken off the right eye basically

edit: I forgot to move neck one pixel left here but I did it on a thing now and now it is correctly aligned but not in this picture.

Edited by Vegetable-chan

You need to make his jaw less of a circle, it's more than just making the face thinner. His jaw is very round right now, it should follow more of a linear path. His eyes and some of his other features can be moved up a lil bit to make more room for proper anglings. Right now his chin is super wide as well.