Best father for Owain (Avatar not included).

Best father for Owain (Avatar not included).  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is Owain's best father (Avatar not included)

• Frederick
    • Virion
    • Stahl
    • Vaike
    • Kellam
    • Donnel
    • Lon'qu
    • Ricken
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry

Who is the best father for Owain, what I mean by this the statistical father for Owain in your opinion. Ricken is, in my opinion, the best father because, despite him getting a -2 strength modifier, he'll make a great support and magical offence Owain with a +5 magic mod, access to Luna and Duel Guard+, and Aegis to increases is magic tankiness with Lifetaker. The only problem is his strength :tangerinedry: .

Edited by I love fire emblem

I like using Stahl the most, I'm currently using Libra and Ricken does one job the best. Too bad it's not a multiple choice poll (voting Stahl anyway).

I'll probably put Stahl!Owain somewhere in my top 5.

Levin Swords exist.

Anyway, I picked Vaike for the extra Str/Sol access.

As far a I know, Vaike!Owain is actually pretty weak.

Vaike's physical and Lissa's magical mods clash terribly, and the only classes he gets from the pairing are Hero and Trickster - without really having good use for either of them or their skills. If I wanted healing, I'd just use Renewal (or Lifetaker from a respective dad).

Anyways, I think Ricken (for magical Owain) and Stahl (for physical/mixed Owain) are the best fathers here due to Luna + usable mods, while Libra and Henry can work nicely as well if you'd rather like to go for Vengeance instead.

And to satisfy his sword hand: There's always Excalibur, I guess.

As far a I know, Vaike!Owain is actually pretty weak.

Vaike's physical and Lissa's magical mods clash terribly, and the only classes he gets from the pairing are Hero and Trickster - without really having good use for either of them or their skills. If I wanted healing, I'd just use Renewal (or Lifetaker from a respective dad).

Anyways, I think Ricken (for magical Owain) and Stahl (for physical/mixed Owain) are the best fathers here due to Luna + usable mods, while Libra and Henry can work nicely as well if you'd rather like to go for Vengeance instead.

And to satisfy his sword hand: There's always Excalibur, I guess.

I think Vaike!Owain is meh, but not bad. Stahl is the best father for a physical/mixed Owain and Ricken is best for a magical Owain and I do agree that Libra and Henry work pretty good as fathers for Owain.

I think Vaike!Owain is meh, but not bad.

Who do you think is worse than him, then?

Donnel and Gregor suffer from similar flaws, but at least have good ingame utility due to giving him a Merc reclass which is a strong option right off the bat (since ingame Owains are usually hard supports). Fred and Kellam give him Luna. Virion and Lon'qu give him Wyvern and something resembling Spd. Gaius... Well, he's pretty much the same. And nobody's going to argue Ricken, Stahl, Libra and Henry.

Wasn't it shown before that Vaike!Owain gives worse mods than Maiden!Lucina?

Yup.

It's because Vaike's mod total adds up to 0 just like the Maiden, and Chrom's mods add to 2 while Lissa's add to 1. Normally Vaike's mods aren't a problem because he has great physical mods, while having negatives in Mag/Luck/Res that physically inclined children won't care about. The reason Vaike is so bad with Lissa is that Mag/Luck/Res happen to literally be Lissa's only positive mods, and at the same time her negative mods shit on Vaike's strengths. Basically each parent largely cancels out each other's strong points.

The hilarious result is that Vaike!Owain ends up having the same mods as Maiden!Lucina except Maiden!Lucina has 1 higher Skill.

Who do you think is worse than him, then?

Donnel and Gregor suffer from similar flaws, but at least have good ingame utility due to giving him a Merc reclass which is a strong option right off the bat (since ingame Owains are usually hard supports). Fred and Kellam give him Luna. Virion and Lon'qu give him Wyvern and something resembling Spd. Gaius... Well, he's pretty much the same. And nobody's going to argue Ricken, Stahl, Libra and Henry.

When I said meh, didn't checked his mods now that I checked, I take the meh and exchange it for the award for worst Owain.

Wasn't it shown before that Vaike!Owain gives worse mods than Maiden!Lucina?

Yea and Vaike!Owain is slightly worse than Maiden!Lucina.

Yup.

It's because Vaike's mod total adds up to 0 just like the Maiden, and Chrom's mods add to 2 while Lissa's add to 1. Normally Vaike's mods aren't a problem because he has great physical mods, while having negatives in Mag/Luck/Res that physically inclined children won't care about. The reason Vaike is so bad with Lissa is that Mag/Luck/Res happen to literally be Lissa's only positive mods, and at the same time her negative mods shit on Vaike's strengths. Basically each parent largely cancels out each other's strong points.

The hilarious result is that Vaike!Owain ends up having the same mods as Maiden!Lucina except Maiden!Lucina has 1 higher Skill.

That's the sum on how their mods are very similar to each other.

Ricken!Owain because

a) I think that's his best hair color

b) Ricken and Lissa made a cute couple

c) The magic growths it gave Owain made him an awesome Dread Fighter.

Ricken!Owain because

a) I think that's his best hair color

b) Ricken and Lissa made a cute couple

c) The magic growths it gave Owain made him an awesome Dread Fighter.

Some of the other reasons why I love Ricken!Owain.