Berwick Saga criticals

Shrouded In Myth

Does anyone know the damage modifiers of a critical hit? It's not on the calculations page and I tried figuring it out myself but I got nothing.

It doesn't seem to be double attack power or triple damage, so what is it?

Edited by Shrouded In Myth

• 2 weeks later...

Calculate damage normally, including replacing negative damage values with 0, then add a random number from ~10-20.

No, I don't know why.

Huh, so criticals in berwick do partially random damage? 0-o

Yes.

Or maybe it's something to do with knives?

It works that way for all weapons, not just knives. I guess the fact that knives are so heavily associated with critical hits and don't really do damage on their own means they need the fixed damage to work, so it could explain the reasoning? But it seems like a very strange way of going about it regardless.

I'm not sure on the specifics either, but it seems Knives do higher critical damage consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if the critical damage formula is slightly different for them.

I'm not sure on the specifics either, but it seems Knives do higher critical damage consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if the critical damage formula is slightly different for them.

They have enough other adjustments that it's plausible, but it'd take some measuring to be sure. Which is a problem because their damage is variable anyway. Are there any Assassins with 0 Str?

Edited by Othin

Enemy assassins with 0 strength? Don't think so. I will check my master's guide later and see if I find anything about critical damage for knives. My japanese is terrible though, so I'm not promising anything. :)