Will this game be challenging?

Junkhead

So I mean unless they watered down L to like, Hard Mode tier (which is incredibly unlikely considering how Nohr is marketed, esp) I probably wouldn't worry too much. It's gonna be different, but I welcome change. As long as it's still strategic-and let's be real other than FE12 L/LR there isn't really a FE where you can't practically one-man stomp the shit out of it anyway so it's not like that's anything exclusive to the more recent development

Can't wait to see how they nerf Nosferatu.

It could be changed to 0 Mt / cannot double / brings wielder's Speed down to 0, and it would still be broken provided the user had high enough stats

Can't wait to see how they nerf Nosferatu.

It could be changed to 0 Mt / cannot double / brings wielder's Speed down to 0, and it would still be broken provided the user had high enough stats

maybe they just straight up remove it

can't use nosferatu if it just doesn't exist!

Edited by Thor Odinson

To be fully honest, I think this has the chance to have the player and enemy on a very even playing field.

I mean, durability pretty much meant nothing to the enemy unless you wanted to steal a powerful one before they used it all up, but there's one thing. I've heard a lot people, especially on Gamefaqs, claim that the penalities of the Silver Sword and Brave Sword were negligible at best.

Well, guess what, the enemy is going to have access to those same "negligible penalties" which puts an even bigger emphasis on watching out for what the enemy has. Not to mention that they have access to the same Pair Up abilities.

I think this opens up many possibilities for strategy and challenge.

This.

And we also don't know if avoid is calculated the same way - units may not have as much avoid and can't spam dodge everything without terrain/triangle advantage.

A negative 4 penalty may be huge in a group of enemies, who have 30-40% chance to hit you at worst, and likely much higher on the higher difficulties. If stat caps are lower, well, things could really even out. We don't know if the engine is the exact same as Awakening - it certainly wasn't the same from Mystery to Geneology to Sword of Seals to Path of Radiance back to Shadow Dragon.

I'm sure the highest difficulty will be hard. The real question is will it be hard for the right reasons.

Yup, this.

Here's really hoping that there is something harder than FE13 HM that still feels like Fire Emblem.