New Class Revenant Knight

ichikawa

We all know that Camilla's starting class is named Revenant Knight [ レヴナントナイト]

but what kind of class is it ? In the last Famitsu issue, we could see Camilla's mounted in a zombie Wyvern with a generous axe in her hand, no surprise until now, but the main question is:

Is the Revenant Knight a new class, or a new branch from Wyvern Rider (Dragon Knight) ?

Is the Revenant Knight a Promoted class ?

Which kind of weapon will the Revenant Knight use ?

post-15196-0-02983600-1433455473_thumb.jpg

You can note that the Revenant Knight is almost a color swap from Wyvern Knight, as the Promoted Wyvern Lord looks alot more armored. Like this, i could assume that Revenant Knight it's not a new name to the Wyvern Lord, and obviously is not a Griffon Rider.

It's fair to assume that in "if", we have the same formula that a unpromoted class can promote to 2 different class branches. So or the Revenant Knight is there to substitute Griffon Rider, or is a brand new Wyven Class, being fair to assume that Wyver Lord is still there.

The Last topic is, which kind of weapon the Revenant Knight will use, the obvious one is the Axe, but assuming that the Revenant Wyvern is a undead, maybe Camilla could use Dark Magic like a necromancer.

I thought Camilla was a pre-promote but now I'm leaning more towards promoted unit. Belka is a Dragon Knight, which is the Japanese name for Wyvern Rider. It's unlikely there will be more than one base wyvern class so that would make Revenant Knight a promotion of Wyvern Rider.

I'm thinking/hoping it will go like this:

Wyvern Lord (axe, lance) << Wyvern Rider (axe) >> Revenant Knight (axe, tome)

Dark magic is probably going to be restricted to Dark Mages and their promotions (hopefully Dark Knights don't get shafted this time around) but regular tomes would be fine too.

Edited by NekoKnight

Camilla probably being promoted was a nice little under-the-radar reveal from that trailer. That suggests:

-All the Nohr siblings except for Elise start out promoted.

-All the Hoshido siblings except Ryouma start out unpromoted.

That gives them the ability to ramp up the difficulty curve in Nohr even further.

I don't buy that a starting character is going to already be promoted unless she's the designated pre-promoted for Nohr side.

I think no one said that camilla is a starting character.

For all we know she could become a unit only after you decided if you join the Nohr or the Hoshido.

If Revenant Knight is a promoted class, I hope it isn't axe/tome. Mixed offensive classes have always irrationally bugged me.

I dont like any pre-promoted character, normally they are broken at start, and sucks late game, and seems even Elise is promoted in Nohr. Nhorian tears It's Always better to up till lv 20 and promote after this.

And i don't think that Felicia and Joker will be promoted, in my opinion they are Special Classes like Dancers and Manaketes.

In my utmost beliefs, i want my dear Camilla won't be promoted not happening

I dont like any pre-promoted character, normally they are broken at start, and sucks late game, and seems even Elise is promoted in Nohr. Nhorian tears It's Always better to up till lv 20 and promote after this.
And i don't think that Felicia and Joker will be promoted, in my opinion they are Special Classes like Dancers and Manaketes.
In my utmost beliefs, i want my dear Camilla won't be promoted not happening

Maid/Butler is confirmed to be a promotion of Rod Knight along with Strategist. sorry. Honestly tomes and axes would be cool, not sure what else it could be. New speculation, maybe she can use Dragonstones like the avatar.

Maid/Butler is confirmed to be a promotion of Rod Knight along with Strategist. sorry. Honestly tomes and axes would be cool, not sure what else it could be. New speculation, maybe she can use Dragonstones like the avatar.

where did you saw that, dude ??

^^ if chrosion is going off the same info i have, it is not confirmed as such but it is quite likely, as both Felicia and joker promote to strategist, and apparently have rod knight skills. if they are promoted, rod knight is the most likely option. Also joker seems to parallel seal at level 9 to a promoted class, a bit weird for a standalone also it is weird if strategist is just there for both of them, for no apparent reason.

^ joker has great knight and paladin (cavalier) and Felicia has bow knight and brave hero,( mercanary)

Technically this hasn't been confirmed. The reason we think this is because Maid/Butler comes with the two skills that Troubadours learned in Awakening, and Rod Knight appears to be If's equivalent of Troubadours. But unless we see a status screen of Elise and she indeed has these skills, or we explicitly see footage of a Rod Knight's promotion, it isn't 100% certain. It's definitely likely, but then again Elise promoting into a Maid is weird as shit.

The other possibility is that there is some unrevealed class (Felicia's base class) that promotes into Maid/Butler and Strategist and has the Troubadour skills, while Rod Knight promotes into Strategist and some other class.

Edited by Bovinian

Technically this hasn't been confirmed. The reason we think this is because Maid/Butler comes with the two skills that Troubadours learned in Awakening, and Rod Knight appears to be If's equivalent of Troubadours. But unless we see a status screen of Elise and she indeed has these skills, or we explicitly see footage of a Rod Knight's promotion, it isn't 100% certain. It's definitely likely, but then again Elise promoting into a Maid is weird as shit.

The other possibility is that there is some unrevealed class (Felicia's base class) that promotes into Maid/Butler and Strategist and has the Troubadour skills, while Rod Knight promotes into Strategist and some other class.

That's the point, it is kinda weird a Princess be promoted to a servant ...
Famitsu told that different from Master Seal, the Parallel Seals promotions are unique to each character if i understood well.
Joker can change to Strategist / Great Knight / Paladin
On the other hand Felicia-tan can change to Strategist/Bow Knight/Brave Hero fuck the logic ... Note Joker has 2 class branches and Felitan has 3 branches, and they are both Maid/Butler.
It´s fair to assume Rod Knight can promote do Strategist, but be promoted to Maid/Buttler it´s really weird. I know it's possible, but still ....
erratum: Felicia also change to 2 branches, my bad -q
Edited by ichikawa

Famitsu told that different from Master Seal, the Parallel Seals promotions are unique to each character if i understood well.
On the other hand Felicia-tan can change to Strategist/Bow Knight/Brave Hero fuck the logic ... Note Joker has 2 class branches and Felitan has 3 branches, and they are both Maid/Butler.
It´s fair to assume Rod Knight can promote do Strategist, but be promoted to Maid/Buttler it´s really weird. I know it's possible, but still ....

Huh... Bow Knight and Hero were both promotions of mercenary in Awakening. So, she likely only has two branches here too.

Edited by NeonZ

as NeonZ said Bow Knight and (Brave) Hero both promoted from Mercenary in at least Awakening, so it looks like characters have two class lines this time around. i hadn't thought about a princess being promoted to a servant, that's actually funny lol. but yeah, highly doubt there's some unrevealed class that happens to have the same skills as Rod Knight.

Yeah, my bad. I got mixed with the Mercenary promotions. But still, the parallel seals are not linked to previous classes, they are linked to each character characteristic ... i think ill really like it

no more Galeforce onslaught

^^ if chrosion is going off the same info i have, it is not confirmed as such but it is quite likely, as both Felicia and joker promote to strategist, and apparently have rod knight skills. if they are promoted, rod knight is the most likely option. Also joker seems to parallel seal at level 9 to a promoted class, a bit weird for a standalone also it is weird if strategist is just there for both of them, for no apparent reason.

^ joker has great knight and paladin (cavalier) and Felicia has bow knight and brave hero,( mercanary)

If we get a screenshot of a level 5 Felicia, we'll see if she gets another skill or not. If yes, that will be more evidence for Maids being tied to Rod Knights.

Yeah, my bad. I got mixed with the Mercenary promotions. But still, the parallel seals are not linked to previous classes, they are linked to each character characteristic ... i think ill really like it

no more Galeforce onslaught

^ uh what? Every parallel seal i have seen seems to link to the promotions of a single class and the class they are already in, true strategist could be un linked to butlers and maids, but every one besides that links to an unpromoted class. And most reclass options already made in character sense in awakening.

If we get a screenshot of a level 5 Felicia, we'll see if she gets another skill or not. If yes, that will be more evidence for Maids being tied to Rod Knights.

Iirc Joker had a third non-personal skill in that screenshot where he was parallel sealing at level 9

Edit: Found it

fami-interview-2505-6.jpg

Edited by Bovinian

^ uh what? Every parallel seal i have seen seems to link to the promotions of a single class and the class they are already in, true strategist could be un linked to butlers and maids, but every one besides that links to an unpromoted class. And most reclass options already made in character sense in awakening.

I know it's possible to Maids be linked to Rod Knight, but if Kantopia translation is correct ....

post-15196-0-68134300-1433466802_thumb.jpg

Well spotted, Bovinian. I guess time will tell if they are in fact related.

As for the point about it being weird that Joker can Parallel Seal at level 9, the level doesn't reset so it makes sense that you can use it whenever you want.

I know it's possible to Maids be linked to Rod Knight, but if Kantopia translation is correct ....

Now that is interesting. It could just mean that you can change into classes not tied to your base class. So if Joker's base class was a Rod Knight, he can still change to a Great Knight without turning into a Cavalier first.

Edited by NekoKnight

Unlike the Master Seal, it does not matter what class the unit was before changing. Decide based on every character's unique characteristics.

That's just referring to the fact that every character has a unique set of base classes, and that you can parallel seal from one promoted class to another even if they are from different class branches