The confrontations with Kamui's family and any other enemy playable characters.

Alazen

I kinda want to kill the Hoshidan sibs, and yet I don't at the same time. It would be interesting, though, to try to let one live (Takumi seems most likely to do this) but they take their own life rather than living in your debt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... See, this angst is fine here! I mean, if IS can't handle angst right, I'd suggest they go full ham, and make it so angsty, it's narmy, but I'm not IntSys.

But yeah. making a few choices for the lives of your siblings sounds fair enough.

So much potential with Kamui and his/her siblings, I really hope IS capitalizes on it.

Though why let Kamui have all the fun? Gunther, Cyrus, Suzukaze, etc, I hope all the defectors get some choice dialog with their former friends and lords. And especially Aqua.

Camilla: Move aside, Aqua.

Aqua: You should know I cannot do that.

Camilla: Aqua, why are you doing this? You're a part of our family too. Please, help me convince Kamui to give up on this foolish war before it's too late.

Aqua: Is that so? Tell me, I awaited my family's rescue for 12 years. You came after Kamui within 3 months. Why should I count myself among this "family" you speak of?

Camilla: I didn't...That's not...

Aqua: ...Forgive me. It is all in the past. All that remains is that we now stand opposed. Come, Sister.

Camilla: Aqua...

So much potential with Kamui and his/her siblings, I really hope IS capitalizes on it.

Though why let Kamui have all the fun? Gunther, Cyrus, Suzukaze, etc, I hope all the defectors get some choice dialog with their former friends and lords. And especially Aqua.

Camilla: Aqua, why are you doing this? You're a part of our family too. Please, help me convince Kamui to give up on this foolish war before it's too late.

Aqua: Is that so? Tell me, I awaited my family's rescue for 12 years. You came after Kamui within 3 months. Why should I count myself among this "family" you speak of?

Aqua: ...Forgive me. It is all in the past. All that remains is that we now stand opposed. Come, Sister.

Ow, my heart.

That does raise a good point. Aqua (at least when you take the Hoshido route) might be very bitter about being abandoned by Nohr. That could prompt some very interesting dialogue.

^ yeah went and checked you definitely at least meet Mikito and Ryouma before the split (the text box in one of mikito's photos) and think i remember most of the others and it doesn't look like a quick meeting i assume there will be at least a good amount of offscreen interaction. Mealtimes and such.

They could use aqua as a reason to side with Hoshido (since she was kidnapped by Hoshido). Don't remember if it said when she joins you.

You at least meet her before the split, and seem to have a chapter with her with no Kaimui in sight that also seems to be before the split oh and has a stat screen at level one. Yeah i think she will join before the split.though she could leave for a bit i guess.

From what I can tell from what's been revealed so far, I think the early structure of the game will go like this.

Prologue and first few chapters: Nohr. Get to know the Nohr and your siblings a bit, fight in some battles against non-Hoshido related enemies, perhaps bandits, but I think there's a fair chance it will involve fighting monsters.

Then, disaster! Something happens that separates Kamui from the rest of the Nohr. While separated, he meets Aqua and finds out about her similar history. She introduces Kamui to their Hoshido siblings. Reunited! Crying scene we saw in one of the trailers.

Spend at least a few missions fighting alongside the Hoshido, dealing with non-Nohr enemies.

Decision time! Garon is continuing with his plans to invade the Hoshido. Oh wait, did Kamui forget to warn their siblings about that little detail? Kamui you baka! Kamui rushes to the front lines to try and stop the conflict, but is unable to do so, and must choose which side to fight for. (Or third path.)

I'd be interested in seeing some sort of choice in the matter where you have the option of letting them live, but doing so will put you at a disadvantage.

Say, you have a chapter with Marx on the opposing side. You can forego fighting him and just finish the chapter objectives without doing so, but if you do he'll come back the next chapter stronger and much harder to avoid.

Or say you let Camilla live for one battle, but she comes back in another with a large group of reinforcements.

Have a chapter where killing Leon is the objective to finish, but offer an alternate objective that's much harder to accomplish.

Have it so you know if a certain character is left alive they'll end up dealing a huge blow to your army so you're forced to choose between taking that and letting your comrades suffer the consequences or protecting your side and offing the character.

Maybe even throw some of that convoluted FE10 stuff in there where you have to do this in Chapter X, then talk to character Y in another battle, then if you fight so and so with Kamui they'll live. So the default is that they die, but there are secret scenarios where you can keep them alive.

Let chapters change depending on whether your siblings are alive or not. You can make it through the game with all of them still standing, but you're going to have to work harder in order to achieve that.

Alternatively, maybe the default is that they die, but if you play through the side they're on beforehand you can let them live. Like if you play through the Nohr route then on the same game cartridge you download the Hoshido DLC and play through that you're able to let the Nohr siblings live, whereas if you play through Hoshido first you're forced to kill them.

Aside from that, I agree with Lynsanity that it would be interesting seeing only certain characters die and the others being forced to live with it.

I agree with Luun that it should be much harder to allow your siblings to live, or have alternative objectives that are much harder, secret scenarios that are easily noticed if you pay careful attention. And I also like the idea that all your actions have consequences and serious repercussions for the story.

I don't agree with the idea that you have to play one route to allow them to live on the other route though because it feels like you would have to pay to get the choice you want. Nohr and Hoshido should stay as their own games, I don't want to pay extra just to get the ending I desire, especially if it's supposed to be a bonus for people who buy both routes because it'll seem like both routes of IF are one game when they're supposed to be two.

I like these ideas. Well, like chihiroos I don't want to have to pay for extra options on a route.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

Well you dont have to kill them just put them in prison that would make a lot of sense it gives you an option to kill them while getting an option not to kill them.

Of course, if you end up fighting them as bosses, you won't be able to do that.

I'm pretty sure there's no way both Ryouma and Marx will live by the end of the games. These characters seem too stubborn and nationalist to join you, or let themselves get captured.

I don't think I'll be able to emotionally handle having to kill Sakura or Elise. I hope it's possible to capture them, or at the very least spare them.

I'm not sure whether or not the other siblings will have to be killed off or spared.

I'm pretty sure there's no way both Ryouma and Marx will live by the end of the games. These characters seem too stubborn and nationalist to join you, or let themselves get captured.

I'm not sure whether or not the other siblings will have to be killed off or spared.

Ryouma and Marx remind me of Ronaldo and Yamato, since both were too stubborn to join your side and giving up their beliefs and either kill themselves or are killed by one of your group members in Devil Survivor 2.

I'm guessing there will be some death regarding important characters in the Hoshido and Nohr campaigns with the third path being the only one that enables you to truly bring an end to the violence/save everyone, or mostly everyone. But from the sound of it all of the campaigns will have important choices that affect the endings for each one, kinda like the whole MU sacrifice thing in Awakening. Wonder if a similar self-sacrifice option will appear in this game, hopefully the consequences will seem more severe than in Awakening as stuff like Emmeryn's self-sacrifice and your own didn't really seem to have that many consequences attached (What with Emmeryn and MU both turning out to still be alive in each of those scenarios)

I do kinda would like it if they forced at least one of the siblings' deaths on you. Heck, playing this game is gonna make me feel like crap and I'm gonna love it.

Oh my god ;~;

(This raises an interesting point though; Aqua's relationship with all the siblings, both in Nohr and Hoshido. Seeing as she's a main character I would like to her side too.)