Amiibo Class Speculation

So we know that the FE Amiibos are making an appearance in Fe14, but what do you think their classes will be? We know Robin is wearing his Tactician robe, Marth and Lucy share a class (judging by their map sprites) and Ike will likely be a Hero of sorts. But how do you think they will handle the classes? The stats? The growth rates? Discuss!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike should be Brave Hero, plz. Cause he is a brave hero. <3 Just keep his model looking like his RD self though! No more short scrawny robo-arm Ikes!

Edited by Anacybele

Ike can wield Urvan in this game? Where was that said? If it's true though, I'm not complaining! I always thought Ike looked badass with either it or Ragnell. ^^

As for Ike's stats and growths, he ought to come in at...probably a similar level to where he starts in RD, and if possible, I'd love to be able to promote him to Vanguard. <3

His stats ought to be really high strength, high defense, low res and magic, good base speed, but a decent overall speed growth, not all that high. Basically, he should be like he is in RD. Just not REALLY broken or anything. That'd just discourage the use of other units. And I don't want him sucking like in Smash or Codename Steam!

Edited by Anacybele

Ike can wield Urvan in this game? Where was that said? If it's true though, I'm not complaining! I always thought Ike looked badass with either it or Ragnell. ^^

I think they mean Ike being able to wield Urvan in RD would hypothetically work since Brave Hero is a sword/axe class.

Ohhh! Well, that's fine with me too then. lol But yeah, Ike gets axes once he promotes in RD, so Brave Hero would definitely work!

Edited by Anacybele

I'd guess they make Marth a Lodestar again, just because they felt it was necessary in Awakening.. And if Lodestar is in the game, no reason they couldn't give it to Lucina as well and play up their duality. As for Robin, I don't think we've seen any indication of Sword + Tome infantry in if, so I'd guess they'd bring back Tactician and/or Grandmaster (probably as a single special class rather than models for both of them) rather than make him lose one of his Smash weapons. Ike should be the easiest as he fits fine as a (Brave) Hero, but if the others do get special classes they may want him to follow suit (Vanguard maybe, even if it doesn't match his artwork).

I imagine their growths will be in line with your conventional units, and I doubt any special classes will come with unique skills. I hope they get cool personal skills though.

So we know that the FE Amiibos are making an appearance in Fe14, but what do you think their classes will be? We know Robin is wearing his Tactician robe, Marth and Lucy share a class (judging by their map sprites) and Ike will likely be a Hero of sorts. But how do you think they will handle the classes? The stats? The growth rates? Discuss!

Considering how they all have unique models, I'd assume they'll have unique classes too.

Marth is probably going to be Star Lord/Lodestar again, considering how that was referenced even in STEAM. Ike could easily use "Hero", since the standard hero class in this game is taken by "Brave Hero". Robin could keep the "tactician" class name too, since the Nohr class is called strategist. Lucina is the biggest question, since I doubt they'd give the "Lord" class name to a guest character. She could be a Lodestar/Star Lord or they might give her an unique title too like how Marth got one. Although Marth's came from his own game, while the closest thing for Lucina would be "Great Lord", her promotion.

Something I'm wondering is reclassing though. If the Amiibo are fully featured like the standard units, will they get limited class selection too, differently from the Avatar? Considering how the class system seems to work here, it'd mean only one class branch for each character, aside from their default class. Although... Robin really should have free reclassing though, at least for the Nohr classes, since they're the closest to the classes available in Awakening, aside from the Myrmidon/Swordmaster line (and Pegasus, but that's not a problem since this is male Robin).

Edited by NeonZ

Considering how they all have unique models, I'd assume they'll have unique classes too.

This.

I'll be surprised if marth isn't Lodestar.

Robin could easily be Tactician or Grandmaster.

Lucina might actually be Lord, since it seems no one in the story has that class.

No idea about Ike, but I hope he gets his own unique class instead of Brave Hero if unique classes are a thing.

Minerva's class will probably be the standard Wyvern-riding class though.

Minerva's class will probably be the standard Wyvern-riding class though.

Minerva from the TCG tie in is a Pegasus Knight variant though. So, probably Pegasus Warrior.

Minerva from the TCG tie in is a Pegasus Knight variant though. So, probably Pegasus Warrior.

Good point.

Though now that you mentioned that, I want her to have a unique promotion line though: from Pegasus Warrior to whatever the axe/lance wyvern promotion is called.

Would be a nice reference.

Marth is probably going to be Star Lord/Lodestar again, considering how that was referenced even in STEAM. Ike could easily use "Hero", since the standard hero class in this game is taken by "Brave Hero". Robin could keep the "tactician" class name too, since the Nohr class is called strategist. Lucina is the biggest question, since I doubt they'd give the "Lord" class name to a guest character. She could be a Lodestar/Star Lord or they might give her an unique title too like how Marth got one. Although Marth's came from his own game, while the closest thing for Lucina would be "Great Lord", her promotion.

Something I'm wondering is reclassing though. If the Amiibo are fully featured like the standard units, will they get limited class selection too, differently from the Avatar? Considering how the class system seems to work here, it'd mean only one class branch for each character, aside from their default class. Although... Robin really should have free reclassing though, at least for the Nohr classes, since they're the closest to the classes available in Awakening, aside from the Myrmidon/Swordmaster line (and Pegasus, but that's not a problem since this is male Robin).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Robin's class also strategist in Japan? Thus, resulting in the initial confusion with the Valkyrie replacement?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Robin's class also strategist in Japan? Thus, resulting in the initial confusion with the Valkyrie replacement?

You're right, though Robin's class was in kanji and If's strategist is written in katakana. Tactician is not any more "correct" of a translation for Robin's Japanese class than Strategist is; it's simply what the localization team decided to use. So if Robin's class is reused in If, it's not gonna be like "oh, this word means tactician and not strategist"; it doesn't work like that.

More on topic: I think Ike would be fine as a Brave Hero, he doesn't really deserve a unique class in If just because he was the only Hero in his own games. Marth and Lucina though, they don't exactly fit the mercenary mold imo, and they definitely wouldn't be in the Samurai class, so they probably will end up getting Lodestar/Star Lord.

As for Robin, if a new unmounted sword/tome using class exists in If, I think he might just take up that class but have his unique tactician costume. If not, I think the best way to handle it while avoiding possible naming problems would be to bring back Grandmaster as a special class that doesn't promote.

Edited by Bovinian

Robin's class is "戦術師", which is pronounced "senjutsushi" and means "strategist/tactician." The class in if is ”ストラテジスト", a transliteration of the English word "strategist" (basically "SUTORATEJISUTO"). The meaning is the same, but the words are different and easy to distinguish.

Edited by egobarrier

This is how I imagined Ike would be as a unit in If. This is a photoshopped image - he won't actually be screaming all the time in his status screen but this is the only sprite of him currently revealed, sooo:

gNtJiya.jpg

He is a Brave Hero and is wielding Ragnell. Aether is his personal skill.

We don't know how legendary weapons will be treated in this game, or if Ragnell will come back/be treated as legendary at all. But considering how badly javelins and such got nerfed, I designed this under the assumption that Ragnell would get similar treatment and gave it an obscene speed nerf (let's say...-10, so his actual base speed would be 23). I let it keep an arbitrary Def bonus (actually wanted his Def to go above 19, but couldn't find a good source for a green 2). 1-2 range, 15 Mt, 70 Hit. References Ragnell's massive weight and how slow he is in Smash (sorry Ana...lol)

My biggest problem lies within the weapons. Ike has Ragnell, Marth has Falchion, Lucina has the Paralell Falchion, but what will Robin have, assuming they'll all have unique weapons? Will it be his Levin Sword, like in Smash? If so, will the close range attacks be like his attacks in Awakening (Where he lifts it up and lightning strikes the opponent, same as the long-range usage), or his Smash attacks (Where he whacks them with it)? Also, will Ragnell be a used as a throwing thing like Awakening did, or will it be the cool, blue... thing?

Also, It just hit me; will Robin be able to use both Swords and Tomes, or will he be tome-locked/sword-locked?

Edited by AwesomeSauce

^ if it was me i would give Robin Grima's Truth (i really wish they let Robin use that outside of cutscenes,well i think he uses it in a cutscene) but that is just me. Also would tie into his dark-magic as a tactician in smash. But it is slightly spoilery but Lucina is in this game so...

I'm going to agree with others who said they should just take on the classes they had in Awakening, with unique models.

Marth

Class: Lodestar

Weapon: Falchion

Lucina

Weapon: Parallel Falchion

Ike

Class: Hero

Weapon: Ragnel

Robin

Class: Tactician

Weapon: Thoron

So what personal skills should everyone get? Aether for Ike, that self heal ability for Lucina... I'd say Ignis for Robin but that's one of his class skills.

I'm going to agree with others who said they should just take on the classes they had in Awakening, with unique models.

Marth

Weapon: Falchion

Lucina

Weapon: Parallel Falchion

Ike

Class: Hero

Weapon: Ragnel

Robin

Class: Tactician

Weapon: Thoron

So what personal skills should everyone get? Aether for Ike, that self heal ability for Lucina... I'd say Ignis for Robin but that's one of his class skills.

If Amiibo Robin can be assumed to follow Smash canon, he might as well get Shadowgift for his personal skill so he can actually use dark magic like his Smash incarnation.

If Amiibo Robin can be assumed to follow Smash canon, he might as well get Shadowgift for his personal skill so he can actually use dark magic like his Smash incarnation.

I could see that, maybe call it "Dark Vessel" or something. They could give him Grima's Truth as default gear in addition to Thoron. I'm imagining Thoron to basically be a magical Killing Edge and for Grima's Truth to have high might offset by severe defensive penalties.

I guess that leaves Marth... Hm...

Tiara Affinity: +15 avoid when adjacent to a character wearing a head accessory.

Edited by NekoKnight

^ from the personal skills we have so far i doubt they would use a strong proc skill such as Aether as a personal skill and if they did, i don't think anyone who can't get the amiibos would be happy about that at all, especially since Aether seems to be a staple skill now. so locking it to an amiibo Ike doesn't seem like the best idea.

^ from the personal skills we have so far i doubt they would use a strong proc skill such as Aether as a personal skill and if they did, i don't think anyone who can't get the amiibos would be happy about that at all, especially since Aether seems to be a staple skill now. so locking it to an amiibo Ike doesn't seem like the best idea.

It's true that Aether seems a little out of place compared to the other personal skills so far, but it is definitely Ike's signature skill and he has to have it somehow. If for some reason Aether absolutely needs to be in the main game, I guess they could make it a class skill for Brave Hero.

In that case, Ike's new personal skill can be:

No Sympathy - if Ike attacks an enemy on player phase and the enemy stays alive with 5 or less HP at the end of the battle, the enemy's HP is reduced to 0 gg no re

This is how I imagined Ike would be as a unit in If. This is a photoshopped image - he won't actually be screaming all the time in his status screen but this is the only sprite of him currently revealed, sooo:

gNtJiya.jpg

He is a Brave Hero and is wielding Ragnell. Aether is his personal skill.

We don't know how legendary weapons will be treated in this game, or if Ragnell will come back/be treated as legendary at all. But considering how badly javelins and such got nerfed, I designed this under the assumption that Ragnell would get similar treatment and gave it an obscene speed nerf (let's say...-10, so his actual base speed would be 23). I let it keep an arbitrary Def bonus (actually wanted his Def to go above 19, but couldn't find a good source for a green 2). 1-2 range, 15 Mt, 70 Hit. References Ragnell's massive weight and how slow he is in Smash (sorry Ana...lol)

Hey, just so long as Ike doesn't suck! :)

And of course Ike must have Aether! He isn't Ike without Aether AND he was the first guy in the series to use it! Ike is THE original Aether guy!

A No Sympathy skill would be so funny though. XD